Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, Hack said:

I am sure they are aware of the issues defending in general with particular focus on set pieces. It is the players who take the field and need to be responsible for most of the issues in positioning and marking. especially as it seems to be a constant theme and weakness. The whole coaching staff and player roster need to figure out  why this keeps happening. My concern about the way we are performing is the lack of ball management and control the team is displaying at present.  the midfield is not dominating possession and providing Vardy and the other attackers enough chances.  Maybe the new players are not melding in well with the system.  Maybe the system being tried is not working on the pitch in games as it does on the training pitch, may be selection and formation needs to be changed.  Yes the coaches need to go back to the drawing board, but doesn't deserve the rant that many on here go on that the world is coming to an end and bring back Pearson etc.  This club is one of the best managed clubs in the league from ownership to coaches. I have a lot more faith in them knowing and doing the right thing than a bunch of Footy fans who think they know better. By all means submit your opinion, but I have to say Foxes fans would have to be some of the most negative fans of all. 

We have a system? 

9 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Then after that 2nd place finish, he got them finishing 6th and got dumped out of the Europa League by Besiktas.

He also signed shit like Rickie Lambert and Mario Balotelli to replace Suarez.

Then after all that, he ended up getting sacked.

The same pattern always seems to emerge with Rodgers, he gets his teams to a certain point, have 2-3 years of decent success, then things come unstuck.

That’s why he shouldn’t be classed as an elite manager.

So we should just give up on him then? I’m sorry but I’ve got more patience than you. 

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If this is true, then it's going to be a interesting week for us. Think he'll go, it's his last chance joining an big club after not going to Arsenal 2 years ago or Spurs in the Summer.

I think his comment regarding our team punching above it's weight for two years was a brilliant and best he could do sales pitch, ie it distanced himself from any the debacle of the last  nearly 12 months and put all of the blame on the shoulders of the players and 'little Leicester City' who are not worthy of him. What a cowardly little shit he is!

The general media love in of him combined with his car salesman blarney may just be enough to convince them. He took over a great squad when he got here and we achieved what we should reasonably of at least expected to achieve. The FA Cup will always be a lottery but in fairness,  compared to others, he always fielded a strong team. It was soley down to him however, two years running, that we failed to get Champions League football and progress as a club. I doubt he'll last two years at United as after the initial impact as he'll soon be found out unless he changes his philosophy! I just hope we resist selling any of our players to them though.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

If Rodgers goes, I can see the owners getting Martin O’Neill till the end of the season and then properly look for someone. There’s no one out there and O’Neill could steady the ship till the end of the season.  

I would genuinely rather we appoint Sam Allardyce than do that. 

Just now, Collymore said:

This is just utter dross. Why would Man U hire an agent to get a manager in who then goes and speaks to The Sun! 

Agents do a lot of this work. Get an agent to talk to another to put some feelers out. Not saying it’s true though.

Brendan has made the biggest mistake of all - DON'T CRITICISE THE SUPPORTERS

The vast majority at the KP still support him and the players, despite the fact we have not performed well since last Feb (FA Cup excepted)

Just watching MOTD2 and Tottenham's first half performance was similarly criticised but the difference is they came back to win - and did you see the Conte passion whipping up the crowd and his reaction at the end WOW!

As has been said many times in this thread don't give us that over-achieving nonsense. You finish where you deserve to and as for financial strength we are in the top 20 biggest clubs in the world.

An apology would be the smart thing to do as Brendan is usually smart and media savvy. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

8m? If true it's a starting point but better to accept 8m now than sack him soon and have to pay him some hefty compensation. It would be nice to rip United twice in such a short space of time! The problem remains however with whom we'd replace him?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

So we should just give up on him then? I’m sorry but I’ve got more patience than you. 

Where have I said that?

There’s two sides to every story mate, the success that you mentioned with Liverpool, but also the way his tenure finished there, which was messy.

Maybe he will turn it around with us, but right now I’m getting serious end of his tenure with Liverpool vibes.

He gets you to a certain point, then things start to stagnate to the point where he struggles to turn it around. Maybe it’s a motivational thing, maybe he gets bored, maybe he just isn’t as good as some think he is.

The football we are seeing right now is crap and the performances have been crap, you can’t turn a blind eye to that when it’s staring you right in the face.

We have a massive period coming up, continue to produce shit against the likes of Watford, Southampton and Villa, then he should be in big trouble. Win all those games then of course the pressure comes off 👍🏻

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hack said:

I am sure they are aware of the issues defending in general with particular focus on set pieces. It is the players who take the field and need to be responsible for most of the issues in positioning and marking. especially as it seems to be a constant theme and weakness. The whole coaching staff and player roster need to figure out  why this keeps happening. My concern about the way we are performing is the lack of ball management and control the team is displaying at present.  the midfield is not dominating possession and providing Vardy and the other attackers enough chances.  Maybe the new players are not melding in well with the system.  Maybe the system being tried is not working on the pitch in games as it does on the training pitch, may be selection and formation needs to be changed.  Yes the coaches need to go back to the drawing board, but doesn't deserve the rant that many on here go on that the world is coming to an end and bring back Pearson etc.  This club is one of the best managed clubs in the league from ownership to coaches. I have a lot more faith in them knowing and doing the right thing than a bunch of Footy fans who think they know better. By all means submit your opinion, but I have to say Foxes fans would have to be some of the most negative fans of all. 

But the players have to take and adhere to directions set out by coaching staff. It's not them that are persisting with Zonal marking. It's not them who are purposely leaving the back post free... Thats what they are told to do.

I'm bringing up this specifically as it almost serves as a microcosm for bigger issues. If he has for example persisted with these sort of issues that have been a concern for such a long time without visibly addressing them then it's reasonable to suggest that he isn't going to address the issues that you've highlighted like formation or selection as quickly as he maybe should. 

We all know he is arrogant and stubborn in such regards and this is what the issue is. 

• Like 1

You can tell we’ve all felt this loss big time after a few months now of just scraping by a bit. It’s really concerning how it’s the same problems cropping up again and again and it seems to take a while for us to get back.

Bearing in mind how dreadful we’ve been at the back this year it’s surprised me how quick we’ve dropped the second striker for Wilf - at least then we could score and have a go - we’d concede but we’d score, now we’re back to just conceding 🤷‍♂️ 

He’s still got time for me, however it is disappointing knowing now realistically I can’t see us keeping Youri and a few others - our only chance was Champions League and we can’t get top 4 or win Europa League unless we were to gamble and bring in someone else - but on the same notion - who? Lampard couldn’t get us there for example 🤷‍♂️ Mancini might but we don’t have the quality his Man City team all those years ago did, we are very, very snookered.

Im very much on the fence, if he did go - or did get snapped up by United I wouldn’t lose sleep over it now. But the next appointment would be so critical as if we went wrong (ala Peter Taylor) we could be properly stuffed and looking at utter disaster.

Its very romantic of us to think of O’Neill or Big Nige (the second of which I’d only consider if he had Shakey as well in the same way of how Clough couldn’t do it without Taylor at Forest) but realistically it wouldn’t make us better. 

Legia is is a must win for me, and even beyond that we’ve got to show more fight and intelligence in our game, if we don’t - then serious questions need to be asked

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

When we are 3 points away from the relegation zone thats when we pull the trigger imo before that happens he gets his chance.

....so last game of the season, we are 3 points from relegation with an inferior goal difference!!!

We obviously need a point to be safe, we cannot afford to lose, is this the moment you would choose to let him go. We have had a winner takes all game, for the last two seasons, and failed to on both occasions to get over the line, are you confident we can get the point we need, or are you going to bring someone else in?

19 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Legia is is a must win for me, and even beyond that we’ve got to show more fight and intelligence in our game, if we don’t - then serious questions need to be asked

.....those questions need to be asked now....!!!

All very well sitting on our hands, and seeing how it goes, we need to thrash out what is happening, if it stems from the players not buying into him or Rodgers having run out of ideas, either way it is crucial we address this now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fightforever said:

The "leadership" group should be asking themselves some tough questions if they believe Brendan is the man they want to stay managing the club. If they think he is good enough then that means the players haven't been trying hard enough.

This is exactly it, that leadership group is in my opinion actually quite dangerous, if they tell the squad to down tools then majority of them will. Perhaps BR is trying to nip it in the bud but maybe the damage has been done and trust is lost. I noticed Albrightons interview consists of 'us players' a lot. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 2