Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....those questions need to be asked now....!!!

All very well sitting on our hands, and seeing how it goes, we need to thrash out what is happening, if it stems from the players not buying into him or Rodgers having run out of ideas, either way it is crucial we address this now.

If we hadn’t heard there had been a meeting today - id totally agree - hopefully that talk has cleared some issues and everyone comes back focused in training and ready to go. We can’t get someone in before Thursday anyway - and the immediate names mentioned aren’t much better at core value than Brendan 🤷‍♂️ if it goes down Thursday we know it’s over, if not we’ve got more time behind the scenes as well to start thinking. 

What is interesting to me is Wilf has come back and hasn’t looked great, however for all the talk of Tielemans being missing and a big loss - Wilf can play as B2B instead, he’s done it well for us in the past and also for Nigeria in the World Cup. So why we changed the shape rather than had Wilf try that out in the circumstances I don’t know

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

8 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

If we hadn’t heard there had been a meeting today - id totally agree - hopefully that talk has cleared some issues and everyone comes back focused in training and ready to go. We can’t get someone in before Thursday anyway - and the immediate names mentioned aren’t much better at core value than Brendan 🤷‍♂️ if it goes down Thursday we know it’s over, if not we’ve got more time behind the scenes as well to start thinking. 

What is interesting to me is Wilf has come back and hasn’t looked great, however for all the talk of Tielemans being missing and a big loss - Wilf can play as B2B instead, he’s done it well for us in the past and also for Nigeria in the World Cup. So why we changed the shape rather than had Wilf try that out in the circumstances I don’t know

...wasn't aware there had been a meeting today, obviously not caught up with proceedings!!!

• Like 1

Zinedine Zidane not interested in Man Utd approach to become new manager

Manchester United have approached Zinedine Zidane about becoming their manager but, according to sources close to the former Real Madrid boss, he is not interested in going to Old Trafford at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hales said:

Screenshot_20211121-224221_Twitter.jpg

To be fair to Brendan, with exception to Vardy, he owes none of them any sort of explanation. Regardless of whether he goes or not, their commitment isn’t to Brendan Rodgers. A manager staying or going should not have so much of a direct effect on their performance (I’m assuming this is the excuse for the crap we’ve been seeing). Plus, most of them think they’re due a move to a CL club so surely the game should come easy to them. 

Also, where was this leadership group when we were getting sparked by Bournemouth, West Ham and Newcastle ? Didn’t see a leader for miles.

• Like 1

Maybe if JJ and Fofana had been in defence all season long so far and not LT injured then Rodgers' future here wouldn't even be up for discussion or scrutiny. It looks like Man Utd aren't interested in him now following Ole's sacking so it's probably best to judge him aat Christmas rather than right now to be fair.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guy said:

Maybe if JJ and Fofana had been in defence all season long so far and not LT injured then Rodgers' future here wouldn't even be up for discussion or scrutiny. It looks like Man Utd aren't interested in him now following Ole's sacking so it's probably best to judge him aat Christmas rather than right now to be fair.  

Can see it a mile off though that when JJ and Fofana do come back we'll replace them with another two key injuries :rolleyes:

Seems to be the norm these days and questions have to be asked how we're picking up these on a too-frequent-to-be-coincidental basis

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Can see it a mile off though that when JJ and Fofana do come back we'll replace them with another two key injuries :rolleyes:

Seems to be the norm these days and questions have to be asked how we're picking up these on a too-frequent-to-be-coincidental basis

Yes, people have put it down to since when David Rennie left - and others the new training ground facilities! I've no idea why players are getting so frequently injured now but it's sure been costing us!

• Like 2

So if he has stated his commitment to the players then assuming the players also had some input into the discussions we should see an improvement in our performance.

….hope we do  but remain sceptical until we climb up the table in the next 6 games

22 minutes ago, Guy said:

Yes, people have put it down to since when David Rennie left - and others the new training ground facilities! I've no idea why players are getting so frequently injured now but it's sure been costing us!

The playing surface was also due a refresh that never happened for last season, covid bonus.

1 hour ago, Guy said:

Fofana and JJ weren’t even signed as starters, he got a bit lucky that their ability and progression meant the were good enough to start. We’ve certainly been good as a team prior to them playing a large role, so their absence being used as an excuse doesn’t wash for me.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Guy said:

I think it runs deeper than that. We coped absolutely fine with injuries last season. That's not to say we don't miss our best players but we all thought our issues were because Evans was out and then he's returned and it's not made much difference, likewise Ndidi was out and yet the difference wasn't that noticeable.

We aren't operating anywhere near what we are capable of and that's got precious little to do with Fofana and Justin. There's a huge slump gone on and I don't know what is needed to snap us out of it but 2 players returning from ligament injuries isn't going to be it I wouldn't have thought. 

• Like 4

I'm new to this forum, and genuinely staggered at all these comments.

Brendan has a 50% win record from 130 games. He's won the FA cup, got us into Europe 2 seasons running.

He's an elite manager. Weve had a slow start yes, but we've currently got Daniel Amartey in defence, who wouldnt struggle?

In my opinion our squad balance isn't right at the moment - we have too many high earners sat on the bench. If you look at West Ham and Wolverhampton, they have got exceptional morale in the group, this is what we are missing.

I just think it's just going to be a mid table season this one, and in the summer we will hopefully sort out the squad. Vardy shouldn't be a starter in every Premier league game anymore either, he just isn't quick enough now. 

• Like 2

On 20/11/2021 at 19:16, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yeah and if we lost 5 games on the trot without scoring a goal finding ourselves in the bottom 3 then he'd be sacked but there's a fair way to go yet if it's heading that way....

Yes that’s essentially what my post says.

40 minutes ago, George31 said:

I'm new to this forum, and genuinely staggered at all these comments.

Brendan has a 50% win record from 130 games. He's won the FA cup, got us into Europe 2 seasons running.

He's an elite manager. Weve had a slow start yes, but we've currently got Daniel Amartey in defence, who wouldnt struggle?

In my opinion our squad balance isn't right at the moment - we have too many high earners sat on the bench. If you look at West Ham and Wolverhampton, they have got exceptional morale in the group, this is what we are missing.

I just think it's just going to be a mid table season this one, and in the summer we will hopefully sort out the squad. Vardy shouldn't be a starter in every Premier league game anymore either, he just isn't quick enough now. 

Welcome. So, it's Big Dan's fault. OK, thanks for pointing that out and highlighting our gross stupidity. 

• Like 1