Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Conte and Tuchel are elite coaches, determined to win etc. However they’re both self destructive if things don’t go they way they want. They’ve both fallen out with club officials / higher ups which is lead them to departing clubs. 

Maybe Brendan is just a bit too nice and needs someone in the Keane /Pearson model as a number two to do his dirty work. 😂 

Pearson and Keane that would be something 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

No chance, no top club will offer him the job. He's joined us to be a stepping stone and miraculously bottling top 4 two seasons in a row isn't going to get him what he wants. 

Wow! I mean just wow!

Thankfully our owners don't sip from the same cup of insanity as yourself.

6 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

No chance, no top club will offer him the job. He's joined us to be a stepping stone and miraculously bottling top 4 two seasons in a row isn't going to get him what he wants. 

Still with this?  lol

3 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Wow! I mean just wow!

Thankfully our owners don't sip from the same cup of insanity as yourself.

What are you astonished at?

Has he said anything inaccurate in his comment?

Or is just because you don't like what he has put? I know the truth does hurt tbh.

BR has done brilliant for us but I think its as far as he can go with us... ran out of ideas beginning of this year.

Edited by Fox85
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Or is just because you don't like what he has put? I know the truth does hurt tbh.

Its just hyperbole not factual. 

We ran out of gas due to lack of quality squad depth, rich clubs don`t do that

There is some facts for you  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Its just hyperbole not factual. 

We ran out of gas due to lack of quality squad depth, rich clubs don`t do that

There is some facts for you  :thumbup:

Stating the players ran out of gas is not a fact its a assumption lol .

It's quite clear where the problem is and it's the fact he doesn't really have a plan B.

BR is a 2 to 3 year manager achieves success in his first 2 years and then falls after that. This isn't a coincidence I think he gets bored of his surroundings after a while and the performances are mirroring that.

There's some facts for you lol 😆 

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I think the very fact he is still at the club tells you that statement is garbage. You think our owners would stick by a bottler? When have they ever done that?

1 minute ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

I think the very fact he is still at the club tells you that statement is garbage. You think our owners would stick by a bottler? When have they ever done that?

He's at the club because he is very well paid nothing else.

Isn't he the 3rd highest paid manager in the country or somthing?

The owners offered him big money and he accepted it rightfully so when he was doing well. I'm not stating he hasn't done well because he has.

Great manager for 2 years but I dont know what happens after that happens everywhere he goes 

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Stating the players ran out of gas is not a fact its a assumption lol .

It's quite clear where the problem is and it's the fact he doesn't really have a plan B.

BR is a 2 to 3 year manager achieves success in his first 2 years and then falls after that. This isn't a coincidence I think he gets bored of his surroundings after a while and the performances are mirroring that.

There's some facts for you lol 😆 

Out of gas is an assumption you are correct, but the eye test made it seem so

But the stuff above in italics is just hyperbole, guesses and sheep-talk, but I love the quite clear comment  lol :cheers:

Just now, Fox85 said:

He's at the club because he is very well paid nothing else.

Isn't he the 3rd highest paid manager in the country or somthing?

The owners offered him big money and he accepted it rightfully so when he was doing well. I'm not stating he hasn't done well because he has.

Great manager for 2 years but I dont know what happens after that happens everywhere he goes 

Yeah that'll be it.

They haven't got the cash to sack him.

4 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Well no, finishing 5th still represents a good season for us. However, we blew a very commanding leads which resulted in us not finishing season inside the top four, especially in 19/20. That can not be overlooked. Last season was more understandable because we were playing in Europe and won the FA cup. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I mean I don't care, I much preferred the FA Cup win but do you think United of all clubs, who pretty much base sacking a manager on getting over the line with a top 4 spot would go anywhere near Rodgers? 

You mean the same United that gave the job to Solskjaer.

Do me a favour.

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

I mean I don't care, I much preferred the FA Cup win but do you think United of all clubs, who pretty much base sacking a manager on getting over the line with a top 4 spot would go anywhere near Rodgers? 

Man Utd surely won`t go for Rodgers, that would be a new level of mismanagement. Ole for all his shortcomings was one-of-their-own-bollocks but I think there are too many question marks over Brendan

That however does not apply to us, we shop at a slightly different store

My only issue with the bottling tag is it totally discounts any context, and most on here are better than that just sticking that lazy moniker on him

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Out of gas is an assumption you are correct, but the eye test made it seem so

But the stuff above in italics is just hyperbole, guesses and sheep-talk, but I love the quite clear comment  lol :cheers:

Yea fair shout no come back on that👏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I suppose it very much depends on any discussions Brendan has had directly or indirectly with United, he may well have cited on both occasions we have been in the top 4 in January that the club didn’t back him in the transfer market, point to injuries or that he has over achieved with a provincial club.

No doubt he will be backing and selling himself that given the resources available to him if he were to be given the opportunity at United that he would deliver their ambitions. 

4 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

You mean the same United that gave the job to Solskjaer.

Do me a favour.

Ole got the job based on doing above and beyond the expectations of him doing well in the interim role, it was always the initial idea for him to have gone back to Molde but he was successful and one of their own as they say.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Man Utd surely won`t go for Rodgers, that would be a new level of mismanagement. Ole for all his shortcomings was one-of-their-own-bollocks but I think there are too many question marks over Brendan

That however does not apply to us, we shop at a slightly different store

My only issue with the bottling tag is it totally discounts any context, and most on here are better than that just sticking that lazy moniker on him

That lazy moniker is what other clubs will think though, you're judged on success and that moniker has been with him before us as well, add in the Liverpool baggage it wouldn't even be worth the PR hassle . My comment had nothing really to do with us, more the idea of United going for Rodgers in the first place. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

That lazy moniker is what other clubs will think though, you're judged on success and that moniker has been with him before us as well, add in the Liverpool baggage it wouldn't even be worth the PR hassle . My comment had nothing really to do with us, more the idea of United going for Rodgers in the first place. 

If your comment is true surely United would go for him. Taking a mid table outfit to 2 5th placed finishes and 2 trophies in 2 seasons sounds like success in my book.

2 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

If your comment is true surely United would go for him. Taking a mid table outfit to 2 5th placed finishes and 2 trophies in 2 seasons sounds like success in my book.

United will only look at the capitulation we had to finish 5th in the end. I think with him being ex Liverpool as well he would have to be at the level of Klopp to be considered tbh

34 minutes ago, MPH said:

once they had finished head butting each other they might find time to manage the team..

Winner gets to head butt the players into form one by one. Keano and Madders would get on like a house on fire