Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

image.thumb.jpeg.cff363af579ed035a29846f1b1ca03e1.jpegGenuinely is laughably bad

There really is no excuse. All his three main strikers were available, his two wingers, his number 10. Six key attacking players all on the pitch or from the bench.

Proves again that the performance was completely devoid of anything.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Cast your mind back to 2016. Leicester City miraculously find themselves TOP of the Premier League and on for what could be the greatest footballing upset of all time.

It's a cold and bleak Monday night, and the opponents are Newcastle with new appointment Rafa Benitez, a manager who had previously won the Champions League and La Liga. With nothing to play for and a boss to impress, Newcastle put in a surprisingly good performance and cause Leicester no end of trouble, who are clearly feeling the pressure with an indifferent performance in what could be a career defining series of games.

The fans are nervous, the players are nervous... what does the manager do?

He does this:

The crowd roar, players find an extra half a yard from somewhere, and despite a poor performance, grind out the 3 points to keep up the pressure, and the dream alive. 

Rodgers is an amazing manager. Probably better than Ranieri and O'Neill. But those two knew how to tap into the emotion of the crowd, and use it to our advantage...

That’s exactly what we are missing right now, that kind of motivation that spur fans and players on. Whenever the camera goes on Rodgers though, he’s either just standing there or clapping. 

All fans want to see is passion and effort from this side, we aren’t getting right now, there’s a lack of passion from the manager and that’s stemmed onto the players.

If we were sitting in 12th and our performances were good but results were unlucky, a bit like how Palace have gone this season, I think a lot more fans would be more content right now; however it’s been the opposite of that.

There’s a reason why I prefer watching the likes of West Ham, Brentford and Crystal Palace to us atm, because those teams simply play with passion and effort, they put in the work and I respect them for that.

We have a young team that can be very naive at times, we need a manager that can stamp that naivety out and get these players playing with confidence, passion and effort.

If Rodgers can’t show that in the next 3-4 games, then even more fans will turn and it usually marks the end of the road.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

It really wouldn't bother me at all, why would it? If you were at work and problems occur because of your bosses decisions but he blames you, do you just sit there and just suck it up like a big tart without representation? Likewise, if someone says something unjustly inflammatory about a family member, do you just sit there quiet as a mouse wetting your pants for fear of upsetting someone?

If I was Vardy, Schmeichel and quite a number of the other senior pros I wouldn't be too happy  about Rodgers remarks at all the little ****. To infer that all the problems are the players fault and that they were punching above their weight when doing something well is a bit of a kick in the teeth don't you think?

The reality is, outside of the top 4 perhaps, many of our squad are very talented individuals and the reason they didn't get into the Champions League for the past two seasons is largely down to Rodgers mismanagement of them. Even if we were very generous and sited the injury situation, surely we can't put the rest on our players shoulders whilst Rodgers walks off blame free! 

You need to get out more fella.

Who do we get if he goes?

Or is it sufficient to hound him out without thought of what comes next?

Don’t give me the it’s not my job shit, as if that’s the case, it’s not your job to pass judgement on his work here either.

If the trigger is to be pulled then surely by now Top has certainly earned the time for considering the when.

22 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Talking of idiots... 

You do realise that Rodgers had these same problems at Reading and Liverpool, don't you? Occam's razor suggests that it's likely to be the common denominator at fault. Guess who that is? Initials are BR if it helps. 

When you understand what it really means, lets talk..........

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

And a lot of horrendous individual errors.

I can think of two big ones from Kasper, hitting it against Ndidi ass at Bournemouth and punching it into his owe net against Spurs 

They are as much to blame as the manager when it goes wrong as to be praised when it goes right.  

Precisely, there is some blame to be shared. I personally though have some sympathy for players being played out of position or in doubtful formations with certain philosophical football taking priority over performance. If a player like Castagne for example, makes numerous mistakes when being played in an unfamiliar centre half role in Premiership standard football, I feel he should be cut some slack, however, the manager who put him there when there were viable alternatives, not so much so.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Precisely, there is some blame to be shared. I personally though have some sympathy for players being played out of position or in doubtful formations with certain philosophical football taking priority over performance. If a player like Castagne for example, makes numerous mistakes when being played in an unfamiliar centre half role in Premiership standard football, I feel he should be cut some slack, however, the manager who put him there when there were viable alternatives, not so much so.

I think it a bit of everything, club, players and manager in no particular order. 

Both winters windows we should have strengthen, one good player get us over the line both seasons. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

An easy question, cheers.

- Injured (he actually played well before that and is showing some of his old form when he gets a chance to play)

- Clearly needs a more established/experience defender beside him which is a problem when Evans is out (which he has been). You say he's an international, but he's not a very good one if you've seen him play for Turkey.

People just ignoring how our defense has been rocked or how that will obviously effect the rest of the team (and rightly/wrongly Rodgers) are just denying reality imo. At least Liverpool fans kept calling it out last season when the pundits were all blaming Klopp and asking why Liverpool weren't performing like they had been. Doesn't say much about our fans huh.

- Injured.

- Injured. 

You can point to the clubs signing of Vestergaard and Bertrand, that's valid imo. I don't know how much that is on Rodgers.

When he plays two up front he plays Nacho , when he plays one he chooses Vardy. And while I think playing the two (Nacho/Vardy) is the better choice that's not where our problems lie.  He played them against Arsenal, we lost 2-0 because our defense is a horrorshow at the moment. We have the joint highest goals scored against us (a scary 21). 

We're definitely in a rough patch. I don't think many would disagree. BUT you're the one framing it as "decline". There's an implication there that says this is not retreivable. I'm curious what's the make of your crystal ball? You being able to see into the future and all. 

This 'Crystal Ball' talks sounds as though you've failed to understand one concept......That I predicted all of this months ago.

The first crack, for me, which has led to a whole array of strange decisions, was the one to convert Ndidi to more of a box to box midfielder.

I said this months ago, and people still fail to see what I saw at the time....Why is Ndidi getting ahead of Tielemans/Maddison/Soumare in midfield?

But like I said, that was the first decision Rodgers made, that really made me question whether or not he had 'Changed'......'Changed' from the negative attributes that ultimately got him sacked at Liverpool.

We had the "I want to sign players who's progression has stalled elsewhere" statement.....Which I thought at the time, was a sign of putting his own career ahead of the club. You don't choose to sign players who have stalled, deliberately....That's a pure 'Ego' move, because Rodgers knows the credit he would get from reigniting a players career. Remember Balotelli at Liverpool?

Then, this summer, we had the talk of wanting to turn Soumare into an 'attacking midfielder'....A guy who plays a holding role, with just 1 career goal.

Vestegaard + Bertrand are just signings that are completely against the player we go for....Our club hasn't had a policy of 'Short termism' since Sven was here.

The 'Prem Experienced' argument holds no weight...When that 'Experience' was being 50% of one of the worst defences in the League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxyLeon said:

For some reason, people can't see that the Chelsea scoreline could have very easily been the same at Leeds last week.....Or Wolves at the start of the season etc etc.

Kasper has the most saves in the League, yet for some reason fans act like my claims we're playing like a bottom 3 side are exaggerated. 

In recent week, we've played 2 of the bottom 4 in Leeds and Burnley....Both will feel that they could have got 3 points against us.

Even Norwich at the start of the season felt they deserved at the very least a point.

Oh I completely believe that we’ll be around the same part of the league we were when Ranieri was sacked that February.

I’m just hoping Top offloads before we get to that stage.