Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes because he's magic and can stop impact injuries like broken legs and ACLs 

The leg breaks are unavoidable but none of the ACL ruptures were impact related from what I recall which means that either we are exceptionally unfortunate to have so many player's genetically predisposed to ACL injury, or more likely the conditioning is poor and knee stability has been neglected. There's an argument also that if the latter had been focused on the risks associated with the former would be hugely reduced. Whichever way you want to look at it all the indicators suggest that not enough work has gone into injury prevention. 

32 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

The leg breaks are unavoidable but none of the ACL ruptures were impact related from what I recall which means that either we are exceptionally unfortunate to have so many player's genetically predisposed to ACL injury, or more likely the conditioning is poor and knee stability has been neglected. There's an argument also that if the latter had been focused on the risks associated with the former would be hugely reduced. Whichever way you want to look at it all the indicators suggest that not enough work has gone into injury prevention. 

That's Rodgers's fault as well I guess.

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

That's Rodgers's fault as well I guess.

Potentially it is if players workloads have been overloaded when in the red zone, depends if he has ignored sports science advise to rest players. Over the past couple of seasons we have seen a lot of players break down, be brought back too early etc so either our sports science and medical team are a bunch of work experience kids or their advice, stats and analysis are being ignored. 

• Like 3

I'm not one that usually listens to post-match interviews but what bothered me about Saturday's was not the "overachieving" comment, it was the suggestion that the booing was because we were 2-0 to the European champions and not that we were made to look like a bunch of amateurs that didn't register a single shot.That to me is concerning. I wasn't booing by the way. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Potentially it is if players workloads have been overloaded when in the red zone, depends if he has ignored sports science advise to rest players. Over the past couple of seasons we have seen a lot of players break down, be brought back too early etc so either our sports science and medical team are a bunch of work experience kids or their advice, stats and analysis are being ignored. 

Didn’t we bring back Soyuncu and Pereira in a freezing Ukraine last season?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Can you link something where he says this please?

The narrative from his interview in that TalkSport link earlier is one of “overachieved in recent years” and “higher expectations”. Well 2 x 5th place finishes, FA Cup and Community Shield should suggest that we are under performing.

I’ve no complaints about losing to Chelsea, no shame in losing to them, but it’s the manner in which we lost to them. A total gutless performance and questionable tactics going into the game, went far too attack minded against a team of that calibre.. it had smash and grab written all over it.

I’m not even suggesting that we should go unbeaten all season, but you have to admit there are times he gets it wrong.. and when the fans air their views, he criticises them?! This for me, exudes the air of “I’m doing you a favour by being here” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

Riccardo's was in the game against villa "He had a challenge in the game which has hurt his ACL and means he will be out for the rest of the season," Rodgers said.

Justin did his after jumping up and landing badly against Brighton in the FA.

So one was the impact from a challenge, the other from the impact of landing.

Try watching what happen rather then making stuff up.  

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

As each day passes, the more uncertainty, the more I want him to leave.

When you look at the players Brendan’s signed in his tenure (excluding Tielemans, he was already brought in), you’d really question giving him another window lol

• Like 3