Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

21 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

The playing surface was also due a refresh that never happened for last season, covid bonus.

Oh dear, I wasn't privy to that fact - you've gotta love Covid - NOT! The whole thing f'ed up our momentum in 2020 too re the re-start.....grrrr! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Riccardo's was in the game against villa "He had a challenge in the game which has hurt his ACL and means he will be out for the rest of the season," Rodgers said.

Justin did his after jumping up and landing badly against Brighton in the FA.

So one was the impact from a challenge, the other from the impact of landing.

Try watching what happen rather then making stuff up.  

One more thing to add - both happened at the KP, and the pitch was replaced at the end of last season as it was "at the end of its life" - so perhaps our pitch may have been a contributing factor perhaps?

I'm still cheesed off about the Ricardo one. Hacked down by Grealish and put out for almost a year, and the ref gave Grealish a free kick for it!

Edited by orangecity23
Carnt speel properleeeee

23 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

When you look at the players Brendan’s signed in his tenure (excluding Tielemans, he was already brought in), you’d really question giving him another window lol

Perez

Castagne

Praet

Under

Fofana

Soumare

Daka

Lookman

Bertrand

Vestegaard

Bennett

What would you score them out of 10?

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Can somebody tell me ,what exactly does Chris Davies do? If Rodgers had a highly respected ex pro as his assistant instead of somebody who has barely played football it might make a motivational difference . How about Wes for instance?

What do you think Kolo is there for? He’s the cheerleader, definitely not the set piece or defensive coach.

26 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Perez

Castagne

Praet

Under

Fofana

Soumare

Daka

Lookman

Bertrand

Vestegaard

Bennett

You could ask who's improved the starting 11? No one apart from Fofana. Castagne is solid enough but not close to Ricardo on the right or Chilwell on the left. When that happens over three years, any team is going to become less effective.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Mark said:

You could ask who's improved the starting 11? No one apart from Fofana. Castagne is solid enough but not close to Ricardo on the right or Chilwell on the left. When that happens over three years, any team is going to become less effective.

I said this recently, we've been hoodwinked with the notion we needed a better squad with long term potential than a better first team where the squad is overall strengthened due to improving the XI. Wasted needles money as can often happen in the Prem, still time to rectify it as Daka will be a world beater and Justin and Fofana are obscene but we'll need to write a few off.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

exactly the best way to improve squad depth is to replace someone in the starting XI, the player they replace becomes depth

2 hours ago, jim5000 said:

I think Rodgers is suffering from unrealistic expectations. We're 12th in the league currently, we won the FA Cup last season, 5 seasons ago we won the Premier League, and the last two seasons we overperformed and finished 5th, narrowly losing out on Champions League football on the last day. These miracles are just that, miracles. We're Leicester City, and we've been riding the crest of a wave for the past 5-6 years and it's been great, but we should not get ahead of ourselves as fans and think that we are somehow entitled to be consistently n the top 5 teams in the country, it is just totally unrealistic. Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelseas, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton all have far more resources available to them, and then there is a graded batch of 10 teams from West Ham to Brentford who are all competative in this league and within reason, have similar finanical constraints to us. We do not have a god given right to be 5th in the country,

Looking back at our history we should be grateful for any top 10 finish, and absolutely delighted with our recent success. We should not be hounding out a manager who has delivered 2 of our 3 highest ever finishes in the league because of a rough patch that has been compounded by continual injuries to key players. All teams have injuries, but ours have been shocking over the past 12 months and are a result of a squad being pushed as far as it can go. We are playing elite level clubs and competing in Europe, when realisitically we don't have the squad depth to push that far. Our defense has gone to crap, but that is expected when we haven't been able to field a settled first choice back line for the entire season to date.

Rodgers should stay, and hopefully this season is an eye opener to the board that he can achieve what they want, but they have to back him with the squad that is required to compete on all of the fronts that they want. Last season was league, FA cup, League cup to quarters, and Europa, and we have Daniel Amarety as our first choice centre back.

It's not Rodgers that is failing this season, it's the squad that are exhausted and injured due being pushed so hard for two seasons running (and an European Championship for key players like Tielemans), and the recruitment team that supplied Vestergaard, Betrand, and Soumare in an attempt to push on from 5th.....

It’s taken 324 pages, but finally a sensible summary. Bang on. 

18 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I feel like we're just down in the dumps at the moment and Brendan lacks the qualities needed to inspire the team.

Look at all the top managers in the world... Klopp, Simeone, Pep, Tuchel, Conte, Mourinho, Pochettino, Flick, Nagelsmann, Zidane etc.

They're all emotional. They get involved. It's infuriating to see Brendan clapping the team along while stood still on the touchline when we're being completely battered. It's like he's watching kids football on a Sunday morning or something.

I completely agree with this. I think he lacks a bit of charisma. Those managers you named all have an edge - Rodgers just doesn't.

5 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Perez

Castagne

Praet

Under

Fofana

Soumare

Daka

Lookman

Bertrand

Vestegaard

Bennett

To be fair, every club's signings across multiple windows have players that work out welll and some that don't.  The issue for me is that he has brought in some pretty good players, and then not used them.

Praet was a good player and should have been used more, especially when Maddison's form dropped and Youri needed a rest.  Instead, he sat on the bench and never looked close to getting a decent run in the team.  With Youri out now, Praet is missed.

Under was one of the most puzzling.  A player who played in a position that really needed upgrading.  Yes, there were question marks over his fitness, but most of the time when he came on, he was always positive, tried to make things happen and for the minutes he had on the pitch, actually posted pretty good goals and assist numbers, yet he barely got a look in.

I fear for Daka too.  We signed him in the summer and everybody was excited about it, yet he can't buy a game.  The guy scored 4 goals in an away tie in the Europa League and has always looked a threat.  For most managers this would present a selection headache because you want him to gain confidence and continue with that kind of form.  Not Brendan.  No such problem for him; get back on the bench where you belong and be grateful for any scraps I throw you.

It really looks like there is genuinely very little competition for places in the starting line up.  Brendan has his favourites.  If I was a player on the fringes of the first team I wouldn't be at all confident about forcing my way into the team by training hard.  I would have to wait for an injury to a regular starter to get a chance.  Dips in form and fatigue don't appear to open those particular doors for those players pushing to make the starting XI.

• Like 4

Rodgers "It is not me guv, it's him over there" routine is starting to grate a little!  He talks about humility, but he lacks it himself, but what should one expect when we hire someone who had a self portrait of them self hanging in his living room.  Having an oversized ego is great when you're winning and sustaining a level of performance, but when your team starts to play in mud and just look like passersby, then you just look a complete *$*^*ù^......just ask Mourinho! 

P.s. I don't care if our manager is £$%** if our team is performing to the level it should be, yes we can take a defeat, but this form has continued for too long now just to be blip!

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I said this recently, we've been hoodwinked with the notion we needed a better squad with long term potential than a better first team where the squad is overall strengthened due to improving the XI. Wasted needles money as can often happen in the Prem, still time to rectify it as Daka will be a world beater and Justin and Fofana are obscene but we'll need to write a few off.

F83DFA29-1516-472F-9B71-31216B6386C3.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

current bump in the road

Jesus! You're even using the same terms as Brendan! 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Putting pieces in place to become a wealthier club in line with the historic clubs does not mean you are there. Don’t be ridiculous.

What we have exceeded expectations for the last 5 years,  but we shouldn’t piece all that success together like it is a sustained new era of glory, because it is not.

Both elements, the title win, the improved trajectory are down to the ownership, but they are sensible people and this current bump in the road will be unwelcome but not a shock I reckon.

On one hand people like to state that missing out on top 4 twice was a failure, a bottle job,  but is it not a barometer, does it not show we actually are not at that top table just yet? Did anyone doubt Liverpool would get into the top 4 last season if they were being honest?

This is not despair, this is just pragmatic pride and indicates we warrant further patience.

Is it really that ridiculous to have raised expectations after all we've been through? Because you're quoting me after my response from the previous post I assume you also see 10th place finishes are now acceptable because it's little old Leicester and no matter how much we invest in the infrastructure or the quality of our playing squad that's what we deserve. 

You should go and see if there's a job going to join Brendan's back room staff mate, sounds like you'd be perfect for him. 

• Like 3

"We’re not defending as well as we’ve done, and with very little preparation time and working time to be able to do that, that’s where we’ve suffered a bit." 

Can someone clarify what this is actually trying to say? Is he now blaming the international break when in reality there's been plenty of time well before that? 

• Like 2