Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

It looks like Poch is Man Utd's first choice, not Rodgers.

His standing has suffered with our indifferent form so he's got added incentive to turn things around and get us playing to our potential if he wants to be considered an 'elite manager'. In other words, focusing on the job at hand. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Geoff Peters was on talk sport this morning saying only a handful of fans would be OK with Brendan leaving. i think he has underestimated that by quite somewhat reading this thread. 

Laura Woods couldn't believe any fans would be OK with him leaving. I like Laura but her knowledge on goings on outside the top 6 is poor.

Massively underestimated. Everyone i've spoken too in the past month is fed up with him and the football. Granted my small pool of conversations isn't any hard evidence but the general feeling online is also swinging towards BR out. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

The sooner the manure job is sorted the better we can get on and get our season back on track we’re not far behind the top Five places 5 points behind 5th and 8 behind 4th so we can definitely catch up if results over coming weeks go our way !

.... just goes to show how inconsistent this league really is!!!

To still be in touch of the top places with the way we have played this season is unreal. 

Getting 4th in this league is a matter of consistency as opposed to being a powerful club with never ending resources. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

6 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

A very very good squad? Disagree with that statement im afraid . Even if all our best players are firing on all cylinders which they're not you can't say that our squad is very very good with the following backup players:

Ward

Jakupovic

Amartey

Vestergaard

Benkovic

Bertrand

Thomas

Mendy

Choudhury 

Dewsbury-Hall 

Perez

Lookman

Daka

You can't seriously look at that list and say in addition to our strongest 11-14 players we have a very very good squad.....I'm not having that im afraid.....feel free to argue your case.

Bit unfair to lump Thomas and KDH who are still developing in there as well as Lookman and Daka who are new signings and have shown quality when given chances, albeit not consistently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Massively underestimated. Everyone i've spoken too in the past month is fed up with him and the football. Granted my small pool of conversations isn't any hard evidence but the general feeling online is also swinging towards BR out. 

I have to be honest, it's similar both with friends I know and the people who sit near to me in the ground. Most would get rid tomorrow but practically speaking, wonder how much it would cost and who is there out there that is a decent shout to replace him?

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

I have to be honest, it's similar both with friends I know and the people who sit near to me in the ground. Most would get rid tomorrow but practically speaking, wonder how much it would cost and who is there out there that is a decent shout to replace him?

Isn't a lot of it disappointment at recent performances, rather than a complete rejection of the idea he can do better? (no idea if he can/cannot tbh)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think most people though Inler was a great signing and who this Kante kid from the French 2 div. 

Funny how things turn out. 

Kanté had a fantastic season in Ligue 1 before coming to us. This is my quote from just before the title-winning season started. :P

E781D304-1ED9-4495-A231-D5096A85E7FF.jpeg

• Like 1

It's always interesting when people talk about expectation with hindsight. Still, if you look at some threads that had a poll for where we would finish in 19/20 and 20/21, it would appear we have overachieved accorded to the majority who voted.

20/21

2088369299_Finish2020-21.thumb.JPG.39c478f9de551836630b07c2641983e8.JPG

19/20

Finish.JPG

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Isn't a lot of it disappointment at recent performances, rather than a complete rejection of the idea he can do better? (no idea if he can/cannot tbh)

I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't want to see him turn it around really. I'm very critical of him but it would be in everybody's interest if he could and I'd happily praise him for it and gladly eat humble pie. Admittedly, he's difficult to warm to but in a different way to Puel. 

Whilst managers have got to have a thick skin and plenty of self belief, I think it's comments like he made at the weekend that nark people. Yes, of course players have to take some blame but, some of the tactics, formations, team selections and style of play have to be down to him too. He seems very blinkered.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Perez

Castagne

Praet

Under

Fofana

Soumare

Daka

Lookman

Bertrand

Vestegaard

Bennett

What would you score them out of 10?

Undoubtedly some of them have been superb, but Fofana is the only one I can clearly say improved our 11.. but even they weren’t expecting him to have the impact that he had. 

Daka and Soumare it’s too early to tell but the vast majority of those players do nothing to improve the starting 11.

He needs to show some balls and let the players play a more aggressive game.

It would also be nice if he stops trying to shoehorn umpteen wingers into our matchday lineup and go back to playing a number 10 behind Vardy or Daka at all times, to allow us to actually defend from the front. Kelechi and Madders must both have shat in his cheerios to have been left out on Saturday, and that is what left us looking so inept. It was a schoolboy decision to try to go toe-to-toe with them in a system that was bound to leave such big gaps in our centre midfield.

The Man Utd. thing should by all rights be over now. I think he was in with a shot at it, but he blew it with the indifferent form and poor tactics we've seen so far this season. Now it's up to him, if he really does fancy himself an elite manager, to prove he's adaptable and to be a little humble in accepting that he's had a big part to play in our decline this season.

He's burned a few bridges with us as a fanbase in recent weeks. I accept we'll be sticking with him for a while, but personally I found his comments after the game this weekend a bit of a nail in the coffin of any endearment I might have felt for him as part of our club. It's only really the acknowledgement that there isn't an obvious candidate out there to replace him that has me still in the 'wait and see' camp rather than another voice for 'Brendan Out'.

Give your head a wobble and get back to basics, Brendan. The fact Man Utd. don't seem bothered should be the warning sign that not everybody is buying the hype.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It's always interesting when people talk about expectation with hindsight. Still, if you look at some threads that had a poll for where we would finish in 19/20 and 20/21, it would appear we have overachieved accorded to the majority who voted.

20/21

2088369299_Finish2020-21.thumb.JPG.39c478f9de551836630b07c2641983e8.JPG

19/20

Finish.JPG

19/20 I expected us to challenge for top 6, but I’m a Leicester fan, so would expect us to fall just short, I would think most Leicester fans think like myself

20/21 we would have had a negative view due to the way we finished 19/20, we’d have expected the bad results to continue. Rodgers made the point after 20/21 that he wanted to sign some known winners, players with experience of winning and knows what it takes.

• Like 1

A guy called Jake Watson (never heard of him before) has hit the nail on the head on Talksport today. Proper analysis. 

Its been so bad this year - we've been lucky in so many games. Its not about patience for Rodgers. Fans have been patient since the 1-1 with Southampton last year. Yes, we won the FA Cup which was amazing. However, since that Southampton game, the only decent performance was United at home (in the league). We've been really poor in league for ages. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Geoff Peters was on talk sport this morning saying only a handful of fans would be OK with Brendan leaving. i think he has underestimated that by quite somewhat reading this thread. 

Laura Woods couldn't believe any fans would be OK with him leaving. I like Laura but her knowledge on goings on outside the top 6 is poor.

Literally every match going fan I know wants him out/ wouldn’t be bothered if he left

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Mmh, I don't know. 

The management here sacked the manager that won Leicester City the Premier League because they had the understanding to know that the squad they had was too good to be relegation threatened, that going from 1st to bottom half wasn't acceptable and the bollocks to make that call in the face of massive public scrutiny. 

I don't think they'll be overly sentimental about it if we're still bottom half in a few months time and Rodgers is showing no evidence of stopping the slide. 

We wouldn’t sack him whilst there’s a vacant Man United job.

I’m so torn on the guy, it’s his attitude and commitment that I don’t like. Can we get a better manager? I don’t think so… anyone else would be a gamble.

I support him and understand some of the reasoning behind his "Expectations" comments but a basic expectation when you're paying over £50 a seat is that the professionals on the pitch don't make the same glaring goal gifting error they did in the last home game and having an expectation that something would be done to redress this. I don't boo, I can see what they're up against, playing the European Champions without two of our best full backs, arguably our best CB and best Midfielder but losing an early goal to a free header is preventable and my expectation is that you try to prevent it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't want to see him turn it around really. I'm very critical of him but it would be in everybody's interest if he could and I'd happily praise him for it and gladly eat humble pie. Admittedly, he's difficult to warm to but in a different way to Puel. 

Whilst managers have got to have a thick skin and plenty of self belief, I think it's comments like he made at the weekend that nark people. Yes, of course players have to take some blame but, some of the tactics, formations, team selections and style of play have to be down to him too. He seems very blinkered.

Quite agree and I don`t think I would ever or have ever warmed to Rodgers, but I suspect that is down to small mindedness and an inability to see past historic Brentisms, on my part  :dunno:

But I fully recognise what he has done thus far and sincerely hope he is up to what is probably his toughest challenege here so far

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Quite agree and I don`t think I would ever or have ever warmed to Rodgers, but I suspect that is down to small mindedness and an inability to see past historic Brentisms, on my part  :dunno:

But I fully recognise what he has done thus far and sincerely hope he is up to what is probably his toughest challenege here so far

Doesn’t look like he is to be honest. Looks like King Canute trying to hold back the waves. 

I think he thought the UTD job was his. 🤣

26 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

We wouldn’t sack him whilst there’s a vacant Man United job.

I’m so torn on the guy, it’s his attitude and commitment that I don’t like. Can we get a better manager? I don’t think so… anyone else would be a gamble.

Why can't we get a better manager?

A lot of people seem to talk about managers that are in England only.

I don't even want Rodgers gone but I don't know where this idea comes from that we can't get a better manager. I'd say we're attractable, aren't we?

Edited by Fox92

38 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

19/20 I expected us to challenge for top 6, but I’m a Leicester fan, so would expect us to fall just short, I would think most Leicester fans think like myself

20/21 we would have had a negative view due to the way we finished 19/20, we’d have expected the bad results to continue. Rodgers made the point after 20/21 that he wanted to sign some known winners, players with experience of winning and knows what it takes.

And he followed that up by signing 2 defenders from a team that lost virtually every game after Xmas last season, whilst conceding bucket loads of goals in the process..... 

2 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Its not tosh, there are at least 6 clubs with more resources than us, and then at least another 5 with similar to us. That puts us in the top 12 and a reasonable expectation to finish between 6th and 10th. However it’s the most competitive league in the world and few clubs will over perform (West Ham this season) and a few will under perform. We are currently under performing having over performed for 2 seasons, but we are still roughly where we could expect, not necessarily want, to be given the quality of the league. We don’t have the squad depth to break and remain in the top 6 indefinitely.

Look at clubs like Spurs and Arsenal, even Man Utd. They have been shambolic over the past few years and we have finished above them, but they have far more money to throw at the problem than we do. We can’t go out and appoint someone alike Conte or drop 40m on a backup for Tielemans.

Who said we do have the squad depth to break and remain in the top 6 indefinitely? I certainly don't and I expect very few people do, if anyone at all. You've just recycled the same disingenuous talking point I've already challenged.

I am glad you can at least accept we are underperforming. I hope then that you can also accept people shouldn't have to be grateful for the current state of affairs.

The current results are not just his fault. Yes his and the coaching Team's performance is a contributory factor.

BUT - Some of the players are letting him and us down at the moment.  Why is something that needs sorting as well as BR either leaving or staying.  Need all this frigging resolved sooner rather than later.

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The current results are not just his fault. Yes his and the coaching Team's performance is a contributory factor.

BUT - Some of the players are letting him and us down at the moment.  Why is something that needs sorting as well as BR either leaving or staying.  Need all this frigging resolved sooner rather than later.

That’s generally why most managers get sacked.

Players letting the Manager down.

Villa 5 defeats in a Row 

Norwich 

Man U 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1