Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

A few people I know have turned, or on the fence, and its clear to see on foxestalk a large chunk are losing faith in him.

For me his comments are a sign of someone who is no longer up to the project we have here and risks messing up the mindset of the squad if its not already damaged enough.

I think it is obvious that we are beyond ‘damaged enough’.   Brendan seems removed from reality and that is because I think he genuinely thought the UTD job was his. It isn’t. The decline will now likely accelerate because he hasn’t got the minerals to grasp the nettle like Tuchel did. I wouldn’t buy a second hand car off the slimy er, lady part, so I imagine his trite BS has worn thin with the players too. 

I think the thread is trying to highlight the idea that our current  moderate form is not all Rodgers's fault. He has certainly been somewhat overrated but so have some of our players.. Realistically we can stabilise the situation and have a steady if unspectacular season. A couple of decent results and things won't look so bad.

Edited by An Sionnach

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

I think it is obvious that we are beyond ‘damaged enough’.   Brendan seems removed from reality and that is because I think he genuinely thought the UTD job was his. It isn’t. The decline will now likely accelerate because he hasn’t got the minerals to grasp the nettle like Tuchel did. I wouldn’t buy a second hand car off the slimy er, lady part, so I imagine his trite BS has worn thin with the players too. 

Think that’s what I am starting to think about Brendan tbh

Best manager we’ve ever had. Going through a blip (the team, not just Brendan). Has lots of credit in the bank, and will rightly get the opportunity to turn the season into a good one. Not in any danger of relegation, so he should get another pre-season, and another crack next season too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To me, he has to get back to basics, pick a formation and stick with it. Personally, for me, we have played some of our best football under BR in the 4-2-3-1.

- Pick a consistent back 4, play them together for a run of games, unless injuries, get some structure back in our defence.
- Wilf just play as DM, destroy and sit in front of the back 4, not wondering off and being a playmaker  
 -Sort out are defending at corners, try something different go man to man or stick three players on the halfway line to make the other team think, anything that changes what we are currently doing.  
- Give our flair players a run of games, not 1 or 2. I'm talking 5-10, Maddison or Nacho at 10 and Barnes LW 
- Be positive and aggressive in games. Let the hand brake off.

- Play with some passion and get that 12th man behind you at the KP. 

You could well be right with a cavalier approach but until it begins to pay off, we may have to endure a few 5-3 defeats. . How would that go down on here?

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You could well be right with a cavalier approach but until it begins to pay off, we may have to endure a few 5-3 defeats. . How would that go down on here?

It’s not the defeats that rile the majority of the fanbase.
It’s the manner of them.

63 mins to have a shot at home.

Crab football/ sideways ball bashing.

it’s the reason his predecessor was given the boot.

You can lose and take positives from the game and take those positives and move forward in the next match.

What were those positives against Chelsea? 

That we were lucky not to ship 6?

Add to the mix BR post match comments of overachieving and fans causing negative anxiety of the players by booing and you have quite a toxic mess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Ah yes this myth comes back again. Benrahma and Rice maybe but the Leicester at full tilt from the last couple of years are vastly superior to posh Burnley.

I wish this were true but they hammer us every time we play them.

• Like 2

It does seem like I’m in a minority but I’m keeping the faith in BR.

It’s the performances that are worrying and the worry that he doesn’t seem keen to change things - very much gearing up for the opposition rather than playing to our own strengths.

however I’ve said it before it feels like this season we’ve just not had enough consistency in the players available and that’s not allowed us to get any consistency in our game to be able to build up a run of form. Maddison went missing at the end of last season and just hadn’t got back to form and previous seasons he could be the difference between a draw and a win with a goal or assist here and there. The odd player in defence not being available for a game or two has also knocked some of their confidences you can just tell. 

We just need to get a few good results under our belts, however scrappy they may come and then hopefully some players will return and others will come into form 🤞

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

To me, he has to get back to basics, pick a formation and stick with it. Personally, for me, we have played some of our best football under BR in the 4-2-3-1.

- Pick a consistent back 4, play them together for a run of games, unless injuries, get some structure back in our defence.
- Wilf just play as DM, destroy and sit in front of the back 4, not wondering off and being a playmaker  
 -Sort out are defending at corners, try something different go man to man or stick three players on the halfway line to make the other team think, anything that changes what we are currently doing.  
- Give our flair players a run of games, not 1 or 2. I'm talking 5-10, Maddison or Nacho at 10 and Barnes LW 
- Be positive and aggressive in games. Let the hand brake off.

- Play with some passion and get that 12th man behind you at the KP. 

He'll never buy it, far too logical, doesn't look clever enough 🙄 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Stop beating about the bush and hiding your feelings 😤 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

We’re not even setting up to shithouse a win imo.

We set out by deluding ourselves into thinking we ‘control’ games, by dominating possession.

Whilst we dominate possession we couldn’t be further away from dominating games.

Teams are happy for us to have possession safe in the knowledge we’ll be no threat whatsoever, infact the only threat we are is to ourselves, ultimately making a mistake and letting the opposition in or the opposition being allowed to put us under pressure and force a mistake.

We’re scared of going near or past the halfway line.

I like nothing more than a shithouse win, they can often be up there with most satisfying of wins, but shithousing wins we are most certainly not.

We agree, just use different words to have the same opinion! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Sorry I'm gonna have to disagree I'm afraid....West Ham have several players that would walk into our team....Coufal,  Soucek, Fornals, Benrahma,  Rice and Zouma would all be picked in my Leicester XI if they were in our squad tomorrow.

In fact there are tons of players not in the big 6 sides that I'd love to have in our team: Kalvin Phillips, Jack Harrison and Raphinha at Leeds all walk in to our best XI, Bissouma, Lamphey and Trossard at Brighton all walk into our best XI. Tyrone Mings, John Mcginn and Ollie Watkins all walk into our best XI. Guehi, Gallagher, Tyrick Mitchell and Zaha all walk into our best XI.....the list goes on I'm afraid

I dont agree with much of what you've been saying, but I do like that you'd had Bissouma over Wilf.

Tyrone Mings is awful, would love a bit of McGinn and Watkins is absolutely no better than we have.

Jack Harrison ahead of barnes is an interesting one, but yeah Raphinia should be playing champions league football.

Gallagher would be my number 1 replacement for Tielemans. Love the guy, its not like for like but he is a proper box to box player and seems to be a proper bloke and character. Something were greatly missing

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If Brendan believes that Leicester are a mid table club and we overachieved when we finished 5th, then maybe he should except a lower mid-table salary, instead of being the 4th or 5th highest paid manager in the EPL earning 8 to 10m a year

I agree, if I was paying his wages I'd like an explanation, and would seriously have that discussion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I think the thread is trying to highlight the idea that our current  moderate form is not all Rodgers's fault. He has certainly been somewhat overrated but so have some of our players.. Realistically we can stabilise the situation and have a steady if unspectacular season. A couple of decent results and things won't look so bad.

....do you remember when Shakey took over, we won 5 on the bounce if I recall!!!

The players just need someone in, anyone except Rodgers, this dispirited band appear to have switched off from him, and you can understand it. I said before it will take a shake up to move us from this impasse, it could become expensive and we really can't afford to do it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....do you remember when Shakey took over, we won 5 on the bounce if I recall!!!

The players just need someone in, anyone except Rodgers, this dispirited band appear to have switched off from him, and you can understand it. I said before it will take a shake up to move us from this impasse, it could become expensive and we really can't afford to do it.

That’s quite a leap. What happens if Rodgers goes and the malaise continues?