Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That’s quite a leap. What happens if Rodgers goes and the malaise continues?

What happens if he stays and the malaise continues? Do we 1. Stick with it and hope for the best but when does it become to long? or 2. Change before, and hope for the best it's a real tough one and as I said before I'm glad it's not my decision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vazman said:

What happens if he stays and the malaise continues? Do we 1. Stick with it and hope for the best but when does it become to long? or 2. Change before, and hope for the best it's a real tough one and as I said before I'm glad it's not my decision.

Our owners will relieve him of his duties at the right time, as they did with Claudio

51 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If Brendan believes that Leicester are a mid table club and we overachieved when we finished 5th, then maybe he should except a lower mid-table salary, instead of being the 4th or 5th highest paid manager in the EPL earning 8 to 10m a year

Hahahahaha yep that’s it. Game set match. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Vazman said:

It is, has he earnt* the chance to try to fix it? Does he even want the chance, I would bloody well hope so.

Top knows best :scarf:

Slight aside/gripe

Goddamn it. It’s not feckin earned in the UK, it’s earnt, don’t tell me their is a spelling error you stupid ass iPad. :mad:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I can assure you it won't....!!!

Sooner or later Top will have to publicly become involved, and then he will have to make a decision, and the managers rarely win these contest, it's the cheaper option.

Guess we will see soon enough. :D

3 hours ago, 4everfox said:

Not a chance in hell. When we are fully fit and firing, they haven't even got one player that would get in. 

West Ham having a better overall squad than us this season is a fact that is quite hard to accept tbf (but it’s true.) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Professional footballers should take personal pride in their own performance and always at least attempt to do their best. Marc and Dan have their limitations but they don't hide , they always give 100%. If some of our more talented players are sulking and not putting in a proper shift , they should take a hard look at themselves. Managerial instructions are not set in stone , when out on the field you have to improvise and if Rodgers's  game plan is failing ,then ignore it and go the way you think will get the job done. Wes dictated a lot of our plays in the championship winning season , not Ranieri. Claudio admitted that when they asked him once.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Professional footballers should take personal pride in their own performance and always at least attempt to do their best. Marc and Dan have their limitations but they don't hide , they always give 100%. If some of our more talented players are sulking and not putting in a proper shift , they should take a hard look at themselves. Managerial instructions are not set in stone , when out on the field you have to improvise and if Rodgers's  game plan is failing ,then ignore it and go the way you think will get the job done. Wes dictated a lot of our plays in the championship winning season , not Ranieri. Claudio admitted that when they asked him once.

Not so easy for individual players to step up unless it's done as a whole team thing and they're singing from the same songsheet.  Perhaps surprising that Vardy, Schmeichel and Albrighton aren't leading such discussion within the team, outside of Rodgers' presence, based on their experience 5 years ago.

The team, as a whole group, either cannot do what Rodgers is asking or they simply don’t want to. We’ve seen them well capable of it, so the latter option must be true. If that is the case, then Rodgers has lost the team. THAT is very difficult to come back from this far down the line. 

At this point it is not about friendly chats or quiet words, it’s about getting the squad together, making it clear who the boss is and telling them clearly what is expected. If the law needs laying down, then do it. Do whatever is necessary to instil some discipline and respect.  At the same time own your shortcomings and lead by example. Work harder and smarter. Our failings as a team are obvious to absolutely everyone - address them. 

• Like 2

As it now looks like BR is not ManU’s 1st or even 2nd choice it seems for now we are stuck with each other,

all we can do is get behind the team and hope the team can get behind the manager. Unfortunately for 

Brendan it looks like he has broken cover at the worse possible time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

As it now looks like BR is not ManU’s 1st or even 2nd choice it seems for now we are stuck with each other,

all we can do is get behind the team and hope the team can get behind the manager. Unfortunately for 

Brendan it looks like he has broken cover at the worse possible time.

Stuck with eachother? Broken cover? Wtf? 

12 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

A few on here should look back at what they said after we won the cup and the charity shield. On and on went the talk of potential and how we were going to challenge this season and our free flowing stylish football.  The only thing that matters in football and that has always been the case is results. If we were scrambling victories in any old crude fashion few would be complaining. We did this on a lot of occasions when we won the league. Style can take a hike as far as I am concerned ,we need to start shithousing victories , starting with Watford.

IIRC even though results were okay in the first seven games this season we lost everyone of them on XG, mean reversion gets you in the end.

The football has been shite for the most part for well over six months now. The "overachieved" line really pissed me off as he's passing responsibility and a terrible message to the players. For a lot of his tenure here he's praised more or less every first team player here as a top player in Europe and now he's carried them as far as he can? Up his own arse and clueless for me.

Top managers know exactly what they want from their teams, Rodgers keeps chopping and changing which to me screams out of ideas hoping enough rolls of the dice will find a solution. I have no idea what formation he's going to play against Legia.

IMO we play best with a back four but he didn't buy a RW in the summer. Lookman should have come here as a Barnes understudy or to supplement the first choice RW. We have a messed up squad which has the numbers to play five at the back but that leaves Barnes and Lookman as square pegs in round holes. One of his mistakes is not buying players to suit the system which is one reason we look awful.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Stuck with eachother? Broken cover? Wtf? 

I’m not too sure what your confused about, Brendan is clearly concerned that the team’s current form is 

affecting his chances of a move to better things and has tried to deflect attention.

• Like 2

Tyrone Mings wouldn't start for us. Probably the most overrated player in the league. I'd still have Soyuncu over him even now.

The argument about West Ham beating us a lot so their squad is far better doesn't stack up. By that logic Palace's squad in 2017-2019 was better than ours (it wasn't).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

I’m not too sure what your confused about, Brendan is clearly concerned that the team’s current form is 

affecting his chances of a move to better things and has tried to deflect attention.

He was always using us as a stepping stone. He will do anything to makes it look like the club's or player's fault. I genuinely don't understand why some of our fans think he deserves any loyalty (Ranieri). He's doing a very bad job of late.

Edited by trabuch

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

For the best part of this year, we’ve seen some pretty mediocre stuff (at best). Performances which, regardless of our squad, ambitions or resources, are just not acceptable at any standard. Errors, which happen so often, they have now become traits and habits. We’ve also become one of the PLs “soft touch” teams. 

I like Brendan, think he’s done great a job for us. 2 1/2 years ago when we appointed him, it was the right decision. His achievements, for me give him legendary status. However, he’s not getting the best out of his squad. The players are not reacting to his instructions OR he is not dealing with our many shortcomings (when I say shortcomings, I don’t mean finding a de Bruyne, I mean things like defending a corner).

Is it so wrong to want a fresh a start, new ideas and a fresh impetus to help us progress ? Surely, the way we’ve consistently played since the turn of the year, it’s clear we’ve come to the end of the Rodgers era ? it’s tiring tuning in/showing up to games and wondering if we’ll get some excitement, effort and cheer in the game. That’s not delusion or high expectations. It’s just a fact that this era has run it’s natural course and the manager and us both need a new/fresh start.

I don’t think anyone can dispute the bare facts that it hasn’t been right for a long period now and hoping for change (as we do every game) is just not on the agenda. what could possibly change in the next few games, training sessions that has not done so in the last 8/9 months ? The Brendan Rodgers era is over and we are just dying a slow death for as long as it continues - it’s harsh but in this era of progressive football, it’s true. A managers shelf life is two/three years.

Excellent post 

On 22/11/2021 at 23:40, Wink said:

What do you think Kolo is there for? He’s the cheerleader, definitely not the set piece or defensive coach.

Honestly.... kolo looks bored as anything.... 

Sits and hides in the dugout for no reason except to be a fist bump.

23 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Claudio Ranieri

Ron-Robert Zieler

Luis Hernández

Nampalys Mendy

Ahmed Musa

Bartosz Kapustka

Islam Slimani

Wilfred Ndidi

Golo Kanté 

Yohan Benalouane

Gökhan Inler Napoli

Demarai Gray 

Daniel Amartey

Daniel Iversen 

Shinji Okazaki

That makes horrific reading if you take Ndidi out of the list. Especially if you consider that CR tried to block the Kante transfer as he thought he'd be too small for the Premier League but was persuaded to let it go through...

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

That makes horrific reading if you take Ndidi out of the list. Especially if you consider that CR tried to block the Kante transfer as he thought he'd be too small for the Premier League but was persuaded to let it go thorough...

Yes it does, we lost the plot in the summer window after we won the league.

Took us years to sort out and remove the dead wood.