Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

37 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes it does, we lost the plot in the summer window after we won the league.

Took us years to sort out and remove the dead wood.

And they we go add some new dead wood in the last window.....  Our new DoF needs to be recruited from some Amazonian Lumber Company.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

And they we go add some new dead wood in the last window.....  Our new DoF needs to be recruited from some Amazonian Lumber Company.

Yep, part of the problem is the summer just gone. We haven't improved the team from last season.

• Like 2

These next two games are massive and will show whether BR can turn the malaise around. Two games at home that we should win - both vitally important for different reasons. 

If we get more pathetic performances then I’ll be more convinced his cycle is over. But then the ‘but’ in my head says, maybe it’s best to see what he can do in the new year with Fofana, Justin and Tielemans back in the starting 11 - by that point though we could be embroiled in a relegation scrap.

I’m hoping with speculation around the Man U job seemingly going away then the players can put that uncertainly behind them. But then again as a great post on this page makes the point - will that mean we can suddenly defend corners?

4 hours ago, erlee said:

looks like he's gotta buy a new small-notebook for scribbling. he tossed it last week

Don’t know why, but his as writing in the note book all match and then doing absolutely feck all about our obvious shortcomings just pisses me off. What’s he writing, a fuching shopping list?

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

To be fair I'm not sure we could afford or attract players that would improve our starting 11 from last season.

Maybe right wing instead of Perez.

Definitely a winger. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I see Claudio getting some flak over signings, especially Kante doubts, which may be fair. 

Importantly and more relevantly, after that Arsenal home defeat, he realised Kante's worth on the pitch rapidly, and sorted the defence and formation/tactics pretty damn quickly too. We conceded few goals and sides feared our counter attacking style. If only Rodgers had learned so much in the whole time he's been here. 

Adapt, adjust, getting the best out of the players and what he had at his disposal. :appl:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I see Claudio getting some flak over signings, especially Kante doubts, which may be fair. 

Importantly and more relevantly, after that Arsenal home defeat, he realised Kante's worth on the pitch rapidly, and sorted the defence and formation/tactics pretty damn quickly too. We conceded few goals and sides feared our counter attacking style. If only Rodgers had learned so much in the whole time he's been here. 

Yup. He was very very pragmatic. Jot like Rodgers who's overly idealistic. We suffer because of his idealistic ways and have losta lot of points dor such problem so far 

I think the way he's gone about that game (and our start in general) Saturday is a sure sign he's just basically defending his own reputation now. It's not the first time either, remember something quite similar at the end in 2019/20.

It's all a bit bleak. Somebody mentioned this being like Harry Kane at managerial level and I can see that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erlee said:

Agreed, it's the awful tactics and tempo the players are being told to play. The only time he shows any sign of being annoyed is when press a team and attack them lol

The man continues to be in complete denial and it's as clear a sign that nothing will change, the performances will be the same and we'll see poorer results with Youri not there to bail him out.

It seems impossible, but if we somehow don't win the game tomorrow, I don't even want him to get as far as the post match interview before Top sends him on his way.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

My gut feeling is that we are unravelling and he won't be here by the middle of January. I could be completely wrong of course. 

Likewise - and I think the Man Utd thing has sailed as well personally. I think an interim is coming for them. It's kind of the worst of both worlds for us.

Our next few games are very big for him. It's a very winnable set of fixtures but having watched us it's very hard to have any confidence we'll actually deliver.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Agreed, it's the awful tactics and tempo the players are being told to play. The only time he shows any sign of being annoyed is when press a team and attack them lol

The man continues to be in complete denial and it's as clear a sign that nothing will change, the performances will be the same and we'll see poorer results with Youri not there to bail him out.

It seems impossible, but if we somehow don't win the game tomorrow, I don't even want him to get as far as the post match interview before Top sends him on his way.

He says he played a 352 with Barnes and Vardy up front and then he bought on Nacho second half to get some physicality up front so we could keep the ball up! I’ve been saying this for weeks and I could have told him having Barnes and Vardy up top was brainless.

Im not sure what he don’t like about Iheanacho but there must be something because he needs to be in the team with the type of football BR wants to play.

I just don’t get it.

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking at this objectively in isolation from the other stuff, he's not said anything there I disagree with and nor has he tried to pass the blame in a manner we have started to accuse him of.

I get a sense that Rodgers is now being tested for the 1st time and I'm fascinated to see how he responds. He'll have his pride a little hurt and the fans criticism wafting about and the media questioning, this is where that fire and grit will be needed and hopefully as a strong leader he can get us back on track. Tomorrow is huge, part of me wouldn't be surprised to see us struggle and the pressure crank up but I'd also not rule out tomorrow being a bit of a watershed moment where we take them apart and it's a bit of a head wobbler.

Hopefully the latter, more than happy for him and the players to shove some of the stuff said down our throats. Prove us wrong, that's all we want.

Exactly, he can come out and V-sign to each stand after the game as long as we win and play well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Convinced we’re witnessing a Rodgers masterclass. Instead of being shit at the end of the season, be shit at the start.

:brendan:

It’s all coming together. 

From the moment Rodgers said his teams get better, fitter & stronger as the season goes on, we finished both of them disastrously!

I am hoping that will actually be the case this season, coincided with players returning or else we could be in huge trouble based on previous season evidence lol