Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

He’s installed his ‘we’re overachieving’ bollocks onto the players so that’s good to see. 

25744E05-50A5-4B97-90FC-99E3DC12F7DC.jpeg

...totally wrong mindset to be taking that on board.. !!!

He has got to feel that he has gone above and beyond for the team and the supporters can't see that.

What motivational speaker comes out and say you have hit your ceiling and cannot achieve more...!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...totally wrong mindset to be taking that on board.. !!!

He has got to feel that he has gone above and beyond for the team and the supporters can't see that.

What motivational speaker comes out and say you have hit your ceiling and cannot achieve more...!!

Certain players within our squad will buy into though. That's a given. We know that some, not all struggle with pressure. We've seen them collapse. Whether it be Bournemouth or Newcastle or whoever. That mentality issue kicks in when things are not going well. As a result, some will believe the "over-achievement" tag. While others will hate it. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

He’s installed his ‘we’re overachieving’ bollocks onto the players so that’s good to see. 

I don’t get the comment really.

“We’ve overachieved for a couple of years …… but we’re not far from getting back to what we were”

What’s that? Shit? Relegation battlers? … or is “getting back to what we were” meaning where we’ve been during those years when we “overachieved”? 

If that’s the case then it’s not overachieving. Or is it?  :unsure: #confused 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 22/11/2021 at 14:47, kingfox said:

AKCJ, Finners & Strider have hit the nail on the head.

I mentioned this word to a poster on here yesterday, motivation.

Brendan Rodgers never comes across as a good motivator, the best managers in the World are tremendous motivators, they may come across as annoying pricks on the touchline, but they get their teams running and working incredibly hard. Just look at Conte yesterday, Spurs were crap for large parts, but in the end his motivation and somewhat anger pulled them through. Certain other teams in the league will run their socks off for their managers, West Ham under Moyes, Brentford under Frank, Gerrard in his first game with Villa gave off the passion that their fans wanted to see.

Where’s that with Rodgers? That lack of fire and motivation then transpires on the pitch, the players have lacked passion and effort for the majority of the season, teams we should be beating have bullied us numerous times. 

Clapping in the 90th minute at 3-0 down won’t achieve nothing.

You only have to go back to O'Neill time as Manager.  He wasn't much of a Coach but he kicked every ball with the players during a game. 

If the Manager doesn't show some passion and looks as if it doesn't mean anything to him, Then the players will adopt a similar attitude and say why should we bother.

Beyond belief that Perez has come out and said we have over achieved. The whole mentality of the management team and squad has to be questioned now. Imagine going round your workplace and saying oh it’s alright our performance has dropped off, we over achieved before. It’s not even ****ing funny this. 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Beyond belief that Perez has come out and said we have over achieved. The whole mentality of the management team and squad has to be questioned now. Imagine going round your workplace and saying oh it’s alright our performance has dropped off, we over achieved before. It’s not even ****ing funny this. 

Where did he says 'it's alright' ?

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Where did he says 'it's alright' ?

Why say “we’ve over achieved” unless you are trying to justify and excuse your current position? They are trying to justify current performances by saying they over achieved previously which is tantamount to saying “it’s alright where we are now”. 

4 minutes ago, Simoken said:

He aint wrong, our fans are disrespectful overly entitled knobs.

I couldn’t ever imagine saying anything like that to Pearson that season— Big Nige was 100% to give that moron a taste of his own medicine. We were in every game. In fact, I’m pretty sure that was the last season we did not lose a game by more than two goals, ha!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
27 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Why say “we’ve over achieved” unless you are trying to justify and excuse your current position? They are trying to justify current performances by saying they over achieved previously which is tantamount to saying “it’s alright where we are now”. 

I'd read the whole interview rather just that but if you want to get your knickers in a twist over that then fine. I think he was pretty honest and fair.

I’d rather they just say we are playing badly, but trying to make it right. I really dislike this “overachieved” talk. Is it even possible to overachieve to the same league position twice in a row, with improved points totals, over a 76 game period? Seems more like an upwards trend to me, rather than a lucky period.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

What an arsehole way of asking that question. Gagging for a headline. Good answer from Brendan 

if he'd given the same answer he did when he was linked to Newcastle he kills the topic dead, he wants the United job but knows he has little chance of getting it

17 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What was the difference in the Newcastle reply ?

he basically said he had no interest in managing Newcastle so the story died where as with United he's saying it was disrespectful to Ole or its not a real link so the story continues and will do so until United hire someone

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Glad to see he has more faith in the club than most of the "supporters"