Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I'd love to hear the likes of Vardy's views on the narrative we've overachieved.

I mean Perez is one of Brendan's signings and until recently got a fair amount of playing time even when underperforming so it's understandable he'd support and buy in to Rodgers mentality or what Brendan says.

I'm not saying Vardy's view would be any different, perhaps he even think's he has over achieved on a personal level, i'm somehow doubt he's got that mentality though.

17 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Can anyone really imagine Man City going from Pep to Rodgers lol 

As I said I think this is the best gig he will ever get and he knows it. He will cling on for dear life. Top will stick by him for sure if we stay in the top half. There will be a lot of moaning at times but that won't bother him too much. 

Those in the leadership group must be absolutely disgusted at this recent party line they're wheeling out to try and stand up for themselves. Absolutely farcical this is.

Perez stated he came here to try and play European football and get in the Spanish national team. What a load of bollocks, I wish they'd all shut up at the minute and be banned from interviews, clowns.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Those in the leadership group must be absolutely disgusted at this recent party line they're wheeling out to try and stand up for themselves. Absolutely farcical this is.

Perez stated he came here to try and play European football and get in the Spanish national team. What a load of bollocks, I wish they'd all shut up at the minute and be banned from interviews, clowns.

I can imagine Schmeichel isn't taking this very well.

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd love to hear the likes of Vardy's views on the narrative we've overachieved.

I mean Perez is one of Brendan's signings and until recently got a fair amount of playing time even when underperforming so it's understandable he'd support and buy in to Rodgers mentality or what Brendan says.

I'm not saying Vardy's view would be any different, perhaps he even think's he has over achieved on a personal level, i'm somehow doubt he's got that mentality though.

Matt - how can you argue with the comment that we’ve over achieved for two seasons ??

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Matt - how can you argue with the comment that we’ve over achieved for two seasons ??

I’m not sure that 62 and then 66 points is over-performance for this squad. And if it is over-performance then it is relatively moderate.

League position is a relative indicator of performance not an absolute one. I’m not sure that finishing below Lampard’s Chelsea once and Solskjaer’s Man United twice as well as scraping in above Arteta’s Arsenal and the Mourinho/Mason Spurs clusterfvck can really be seen as this incredible over-performance some are painting it as. 

Both full seasons under Rodgers have been pretty good. Certainly not enough to have earned this legendary status some are affording him let alone excusing what we’ve seen this season.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

He was getting some serious abuse, that fan needs to learn you reap what you show to be fair.  Pearson shouldnt have said what he said but also the fan should learn how to get a point across without swearing and name calling.

To be fair, I often feel

like telling a large proportion of our fan base to FOAD 🤷

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

It was our aim and objective - especially given the nature of a weakened/average league with many teams not on the top of their game.

Rodgers even claimed it was his aim to 'disrupt the established order at the top of the Premier League', 'drop a hand granade in there', when he came in.

He 'felt coming here, the challenge was: can we disrupt that top six?'.

Along with being providing with an 'outstanding' and 'right up there with the best in the world' £100m training ground, the 'envy of the league' that people will be in 'awe' of, where 'theres no excuses'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

..l

Along with being providing with an 'outstanding' and 'right up there with the best in the world' £100m training ground, the 'envy of the league' that people will be in 'awe' of, where 'theres no excuses'.

Come on, the training ground is a long term benefit, not a light switch for success

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

It was our aim and objective - especially given the nature of a weakened/average league with many teams not on the top of their game.

Rodgers even claimed it was his aim to 'disrupt the established order at the top of the Premier League', 'drop a hand granade in there', when he came in.

He 'felt coming here, the challenge was: can we disrupt that top six?'.

That’s ambition and we met our ambitions - you must have those in professional competitive sport 

But to say we didn’t over achieve in only falling out of the top four last week of both campaigns and winning the fa cup doesn’t make sense to me.  It’s not a crime to state this.  Some reactions make it seem as though it is. 

we still have ambitions to do it again …….the players and staff need our backing to get them back on the horse. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We might have as a club, but not as a team. You don’t fluke 5th twice and an FA Cup.

It would be a fair point if others had drastically improved or we’d lost many players. But we haven’t, we’ve seen this exact group be in the top four more than any other team, two seasons running. And suddenly we shouldn’t expect them to be able to defend, or pass a ball, or work hard as a bare minimum. 

They are trotting it out as an excuse for being bottom half and inept week in week out. That, is bollocks. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 4

Honestly, I think we’re to quick to get down on a manager.  We were too quick with Ranieri and we got Shakey, who didn’t have a clue and was much worse.  Now we have Brendan, who is an above average manager at worst.  Every team has a rough patch.  Personally I don’t see anyone currently available that is a better manager than Brendan (lest the ones that would never come here).  We may sit at the bottom this year, but we’re not relegation fodder. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As I said I think this is the best gig he will ever get and he knows it. He will cling on for dear life. Top will stick by him for sure if we stay in the top half. There will be a lot of moaning at times but that won't bother him too much. 

....surprisingly there maybe something in place where Pep has recommended Rodgers as his successor!!!

Sir Alex recommended Moyes to take over and although it seemed strange at the time it actually happened. Sometimes people seek to cling to a status, which they have carved out over a long period of time and anyone emulating that success waters their achievements down. I would suggest Moyes was set up to fail the instant he took up that role and Rodgers will want the chance, but unless he learns or brings someone in to work alongside him, he will experience the same fate.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s ambition and we met our ambitions - you must have those in professional competitive sport 

But to say we didn’t over achieve in only falling out of the top four last week of both campaigns and winning the fa cup doesn’t make sense to me.  It’s not a crime to state this.  Some reactions make it seem as though it is. 

we still have ambitions to do it again …….the players and staff need our backing to get them back on the horse. 

And I think you’ve made Matt’s point for him.

Where is that ambition now? If people see poor performances they will forgive a lot if they can see a path and an ambition to get better. Everything the manager says suggests we’ve reached the top of the mountain and we should be grateful for mid-table.

That’s not ambition, it’s self-preservation.

Just now, Babylon said:

You can overachieve for 10 years if you have the 8th largest budget and finish 5th all the time.

But we need to differentiate between achieving more than our budget normally would, and what this group of players should be achieving.

In terms of finances, yea we have over achieved. But this group of players has proven they are good enough for 5th or close to it and a cup win. This group are currently underachieving!

Unless of course the other clubs with bigger budgets have got their act together. Which as you’ve rightly pointed out is not what’s happened.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

You can overachieve for 10 years if you have the 8th largest budget and finish 5th all the time.

But we need to differentiate between achieving more than our budget normally would, and what this group of players should be achieving.

In terms of finances, yea we have over achieved. But this group of players has proven they are good enough for 5th or close to it and a cup win. This group are currently underachieving!

Well defined, I agree 👍🏻