Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The idea that we've overachieved is non sensical. Our squad is at worst good enough for top 7 so we' have gotten there. Rodgers looking to cover his tracks. Shame on him and any player or person saying that crap. Slap in. The face to the fans. I understand not winning always, id be fine if they said form comes and goes but we've got to give it our all always etc, which wouldn't be true as of late as we've not been playing with effort, but really this notion that Rodgers is some untouchable king is ridiculous. Too damn stubborn. Rodgers is his biggest own enemy. And such fact is making itself manifest before our very own eyes 

• Like 1

Rodgers came here because he believed he could get this team into the top six and win a trophy. He pretty much said it when he arrived.

You don't downplay expectations, especially when the squad you've got hasn't lost a key player in the summer and you've brought in several additions. Rodgers needs to start demanding more.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Corky said:

Rodgers came here because he believed he could get this team into the top six and win a trophy. He pretty much said it when he arrived.

You don't downplay expectations, especially when the squad you've got hasn't lost a key player in the summer and you've brought in several additions. Rodgers needs to start demanding more.

I could be wrong, but I think he is just trying to take the pressure of the players.

From Percy’s article: it’s interesting that even the club’s hierarchy are also concerned as well. You would hope things improve but if they don’t I wouldn’t be surprised if we part ways with Rodgers.

Spotlight falls on Brendan Rodgers ahead of pivotal period to turn around Leicester's faltering season. Rodgers will cost any club £20m in compensation but the full focus is on ending the malaise at #lcfc

15 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

As long as we don't end up like the last two 'over-achievers' that won the FA Cup, they currently reside in League One. 

Aside from the fact we've played in tier 1 and tier 2 all our history. We're not comparable to a club like Wigan who were overachieving just by being in the top flight, similar to Bournemouth.

Winning the FA Cup has nothing to do where they are now.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I wouldn't use a rag like the Telegraph as evidence of anything at all. We are not in a tailspin and the frustration on here will disappear very quickly if we have a couple of wins. I still think we will end up about eighth which will probably mean some disappointing defeats and some decent victories.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
30 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I wouldn't use a rag like the Telegraph as evidence of anything at all. We are not in a tailspin and the frustration on here will disappear very quickly if we have a couple of wins. I still think we will end up about eighth which will probably mean some disappointing defeats and some decent victories.

Percy remains the most reliable source on the club going.

If rodgers want to prove himself as a top manager he needs to show he can compete in this era of premier league managers, which is arguably the best ever, now he's up against Tuchel, Conte, Moyes (and a new man united manager coming along as well) on top of Pep and Klopp. He managed to finish 5th in a league where the best teams were managed by Lampard, Ole, Emery/Arteta, Poch in a meltdown/Mourinhio in a meltdown and Pellegrini's west ham who we were able to wheel out our B side against and still win. Now that the other teams have some managerial competency, rodgers seems to be getting severely outclassed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Percy remains the most reliable source on the club going.

He also seldom reports something that could be controversial without a degree of confidence that however unpopular it might be by the club, that it does reflect the current goings on/mood of the club.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

If rodgers want to prove himself as a top manager he needs to show he can compete in this era of premier league managers, which is arguably the best ever, now he's up against Tuchel, Conte, Moyes (and a new man united manager coming along as well) on top of Pep and Klopp. He managed to finish 5th in a league where the best teams were managed by Lampard, Ole, Emery/Arteta, Poch in a meltdown/Mourinhio in a meltdown and Pellegrini's west ham who we were able to wheel out our B side against and still win. Now that the other teams have some managerial competency, rodgers seems to be getting severely outclassed.

I think Brendan is the best we can get at the minute I hope he's the man to turn it around for us.

We need some divine inspiration from somewhere though

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Babylon said:

Imagine being Tielemans, or Barnes or Ndidi or any other player who could get a move and he stands in front of you saying sorry lads, that’s the best you can expect. It’s midtable for us now. 

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Those in the leadership group must be absolutely disgusted at this recent party line they're wheeling out to try and stand up for themselves. Absolutely farcical this is.

I must admit guys they do look absolutely fuming in the Legia training pics

I read it for what it is a line brought out after 'fans' boo the team during a game against 1 of 2 teams that will win the EPL & probably the UCL after dismantling Juventus with relative ease, i'm sure the party line within the group is we continue to reach for the stars, that's how i choose to interpret it & i moved on pretty quickly if i'm honest.

There is a lot made of support & atmosphere on matchdays in this thread with the most vocal on here knocking anyone that doesn't SING for 90mins but i'd hazard a guess its those confident vocalist that are the 1st to round on the team quickest ironically. Yes i know its there right, they pay the entrance fee & can do what they like etc but seriously when has boo'ing a team ever resulted in an upturn on performance, i bet Chelsea were lifted more making it harder for OUR team.

The same reactive comment will be peddled out in response to this, what have we got to be entertained about, why should we cheer them when they give performances like they have been, again how ironic of those vocal posters having a go at others for not lifting the team.

A lot of the 'Ultra' fans which make the most noise usually a drum & chanting in the main, make their own entertainment regardless of what's happening on the pitch. Its treated as a day out & the football is secondardy to their matchday experience & its that attitude that breeds the atmosphere, this is summed up perfectly in a recent interview on Sky with a fan of Union Berlin
Small snipet from the fan Arbeit:
"When your kids come home from school and they have had a bad test result, you don't start whistling, you support them, you encourage them to keep trying. These are not millionaires just here to entertain us. That is not our way of looking at the game."

Arbeit has seen the alternative. "I experienced this in Cologne recently," he adds. "If you teach the people that they are coming to a circus show where all the time something happens then you teach them to just sit there and wait to be entertained.

"The football becomes part of that entertainment and if their team does not entertain them as they expect then they just sit there. There were times against Cologne when 50,000 people were completely quiet. You could hear the coaches calling to the players.

"Later, they started whistling about how the players were playing rather than pushing them on and supporting them. In our stadium, everyone knows it is only good if you take part. Don't come here to look at how great it is. Come here and make it great."

full article
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11881/12470081/union-berlin-has-a-unique-club-culture-in-the-bundesliga-find-out-more-ahead-of-the-berlin-derby-against-hertha

I think Youri being out will help accelerate things.

Rodgers goes back to having the team as a whole contributing to our attacking play, or he continues his preferred style and he will be sacked.

Either way I imagine we will see a clear change in philosophy and performance on the pitch, or we will continue to play sluggish rigid football and he will be gone in the next 6 weeks.

Ive spent the past 9 months hoping he will change so im not gonna hold my breath on that :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it is true we have been overachieving for the last 2 seasons, they have to accept that they are underachieving and underperforming at this moment.

We need to get back to the fast paced high pressing football from a couple of seasons ago where we blew a number of teams away.  If Rodgers can not see that we are not coping against a high press then we are going to be in for a long season.

We are overplaying at the back and we can not seem to get out because the ball movement is so slow. 4-2-3-1 is by far and away our best formation and means that less players can press the defence as we have more players higher up the pitch.  That formation also suits getting our best players into the team.

I hope we play this formation tonight.  I don't think I could stomach another 90 mins of what I saw on Saturday and for the majority of the season.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

All this talk about overachieving and underachieving.

What we need is that individual players and the team as a whole realise their potential and achieve what they are fully capable of.

In my role as a boss, I see that as my primary goal - to provide a platform and environment for staff and students etc to do exactly that. I am paid to do that. 

As a manager that should be BR's objective. He set out reasonable expectations based on what the potential of the squad and club was when he arrived. 2 5th places and an FA Cup are not overachieving. Challenging for top 6 and good cup results should be realistic expectations for the club and this squad. He needs to live up to his initial words and create that environment with tactics and man management that enables that. Tonight is a crucial test. 

• Like 1