Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Col city fan

I think this is defensively, the worst team we’ve had in quite a few years. Even under Pearson and the Great Escape season, we were only losing narrowly.

Teams are scoring against us at will. And Dodgers is just not putting it right.

Said it at the start of the season. Why we just might be ok is because we score at the other end too. 
But it’s worrying times

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Not sure why Thomas didn't play? But seems odd to play Bertrand in the biggest game of the season so far.  If Thomas needs a rest surely do it against Newcastle?

Strangest decision. Team was good aside from that. 

Thomas surely can't need a rest, he's not even 21.

Why does everybody think if we sack him that we suddenly improve. The next bloke loses his first two matches then what?. This is as much to do with the players as it is with him. We got too many big-time Charlie's I reckon. Its time for them to get back to basics.

1 minute ago, Sunny0907 said:

I would say only option the club has is to bring in a solid right winger. They have spent heavy this summer on the wrong positions. To many options else where. 

If you think a right winger is the answer to a team that’s conceded 40 goals, I am not sure what you are watching.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The group was absolutely wank. 

Legia and Moscow are awful 

Admittedly we should have finished second on paper. But our lack of European football was always going to be an issue. We can’t win away from home in Europe our record is dismal. Also can’t legislate for Vardy missing a pen a couple of games ago with 10 mins to go 

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So by your definition, it’s not worth having a football manager?

:doh:

How u getting that Col? U don’t agree that the players need to step the fec up every goal is from a mistake r u saying Rodgers is coaching them in mistakes?

1 minute ago, Jonzey01 said:

I think it’s more of an issue for our players. They can’t just keep chucking managers under the bus every time the going gets tough. 

We need someone to oversee Tielemens, Ricardo and co leaving in the summer and I think generally he would be the right guy to do this

Could be things are going badly due to the manager? If you listen to ex pro's it seems fairly easy for managers to lose the dressing room

3 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

I think it’s more of an issue for our players. They can’t just keep chucking managers under the bus every time the going gets tough. 

We need someone to oversee Tielemens, Ricardo and co leaving in the summer and I think generally he would be the right guy to do this

The guy who watched us beat Southampton 9-0 then signed half their back line? :ermm:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Have we now been bad under him for longer than we were good? 

It’s Pretty much 50/50

April 2019 - December 2019 - Very good 

December 2019 - July 2020 -  Very Bad

September 2020 - June 2021 - Good but only because of the cup win, Top 4 should have been sealed 

August 2021 - Now - Very Bad

6 minutes ago, mabbsy93 said:

If you think a right winger is the answer to a team that’s conceded 40 goals, I am not sure what you are watching.

Basic defending keeping people on the post for corners would help reduce conceding poor set plays.

that’s a mangers issue for not doing that.

we have lookman, under and ghazal on the right side. None of the have 1 percent ability to mahrez. 

he should have played Albrighton tonight and he didn’t. Decided to use a cam as a right winger. Your asking why we conceded goals. I have answered! 
He has no clue on who he can play on the right side off midfield. I think you are blind if you cant even see that. 

Edited by Sunny0907