Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

You can’t just bin the manager when we have an injury crisis to crucial players. Forfana in that defence makes a huge difference.

I think people should show some loyalty to a guy who turned down other opportunities to show us some loyalty

We don't have an injury crisis. We're still able to field a defence of Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu and Thomas, only the latter of which is unproven at this level. Fofana played in the 2-4 hammering by Newcastle last season, he doesn't just come in and save the day, the same way Evans didn't. 

Big problem as well as the poor defending is the lack of character and leadership.

Credit that we are resilient and keep fighting but you need that player with charisma to get the team over the line. 

Fofana has that in spades, we miss him so much. KDH has it to some extent but he's still not got the stamina to play a full game at the highest level. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

25 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Dum Dums suggesting this. 6 months ago he won us our first FA cup. We already became the laughing stock of English football sacking claudio after winning the league, let’s not do it again 

....doing away with Claudio's services was the right thing to do, I am assuming you believe we made a mistake in that respect!!!

2 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Really? I'm sure he wouldn't want the job. Why would we be the laughing stock?

To pretty much every top English side Rodgers is hailed as an excellent coach.

Getting rid of him because we’ve forgotten we have punched above our weight for the past two seasons to go with an unproven European coach would be as embarrassing as when we stabbed Claudio in the back 

• Haha 2

Just now, splinterdream said:

The players don't look like they're enjoying playing for Leicester. I can't really say I see any of our players playing anywhere near there levels they have achieved prior.

I get what you're saying in some respects but don't think this is true considering the reactions of when we score or even when we concede. Obviously would be great not to concede but the amount of times we have bounced back immediately after doing so shows me that there's still some togetherness amongst the club. It started off as inconsistency, and now it's become somehwat of a rut and a result like tonight could be disastrous. Players may be persuaded to leave knowing they deserve better and even seek moves to current EL clubs that have their sights on CL football or actually regular trophies. 

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

In many respects this team represents everything I don't want a Leicester team to be i.e soft-centred, easy to play against, defensively poor, lacking aggression and generally passive. I can honestly accept Leicester teams lacking quality because we have seen it enough times during our time supporting the club. Give me an'up and at 'um' Leicester team that lacks a bit of quality over this technically gifted but soft-centred side we have now. 

That's been slowly coached out of us for a few years now for slow patient possession play

The main thing that needs fixing is the goals conceded. More aggression from all the players and five per cent more effort when not in possession would go a long way. Confidence is low and when that happens players don’t go looking for the ball or tackles and are not brave on the ball. It will come back again though. Brendan needs to buck his ideas up too no doubt but Justin and fofana coming back will certainly be a lift. This europa exit is a major disappointment but I’ll wager we will come back stronger in the second half of the season. 

I’ve had enough.

He clearly has no idea how to fix the defence, but more frustratingly for me was that second half. 3-2 down knowing a draw sends us through, against a team missing 6 of their best players and in horrendous form, and it looks like a warm up. No urgency, no drive, no intent. Rodgers solution is to take the only player running at them and to bring Albrighton on with 2 minutes to go. Clueless.

To play Bertrand tonight was just bizarre. In fact signing Bertrand at all was bizarre.

8 points from that group is embarrassing. 2 very poor teams and another team who didn’t take it that seriously.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If the players aren’t ‘stepping up’ week-in, week-out, you have to ask why?

Are they un-motivated, are they confused by the system, have they got issues with the manager? Etc etc

This is a decent squad of players who are under-performing. There’s always a reason for that. And it’ll stop somewhere with the coaching set up 

Confused by the system, it’s a game of football not a nuclear power plants shut down procedure Col
He can drill them in defending set pieces and rightly so that he’s being pulled up on that but if they can’t absorb that you need to hold a line, step up, pass crisply but not smash aimlessly at another player, that it doesn’t take 4 players to go to 1 attacker leaving 2 opponents free behind them etc etc then they need to switch professions.

Regardless of what they may or may not think Rodgers they gotta have pride and even Youri was utter dog and showed nothing of any leadership, commitment or personal pride

Edited by BKLFox

Just now, Jonaldinho said:

We don't have an injury crisis. We're still able to field a defence of Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu and Thomas, only the latter of which is unproven at this level. Fofana played in the 2-4 hammering by Newcastle last season, he doesn't just come in and save the day, the same way Evans didn't. 

You’ve answered your own question there. 

Our first choice defence contains Forfana one of the best young defenders in Europe and James Justin who would have likely gone to the euros last summer with England. Meaning we are missing precisely 50% of our defence. 

It also doesn’t help that Ndidi hasn’t looked the same since his injury. 

but we haven’t got a crisis?

Why did he go to 433 again today. I said it before the game but we've been shit with it all season. 

4231 had us playing decent stuff in open play and really utilising Maddison. 

I can't believe he didn't even revert to this in the second half. Instead he brings Barnes off and then later brings Soumare on - some attacking threat he is. 

Bizarre decisions. Lose on Sunday and he can go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonzey01 said:

To pretty much every top English side Rodgers is hailed as an excellent coach.

Getting rid of him because we’ve forgotten we have punched above our weight for the past two seasons to go with an unproven European coach would be as embarrassing as when we stabbed Claudio in the back 

Don't think we've punched above our weight, he's the 3rd highest paid manager in the Prem for a reason, I'm sure Top hasn't paid him that to be where er are. Claudio would have taken us down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I'd imagine Top's a bit more trigger happy than his Dad . Doubt he's got many games left unless he improves. 

Depends on how much it costs, and do we know who holds the purse strings with King Power since Vichai passed. Can we afford to sack Brendan and appoint someone else? It may take threat of relegation to get him the push 

Not long after Rodgers was sacked by Liverpool, my missus and me had an indulgent London weekend at Claridges. Saw a few celebs while we were there, including a downbeat-looking Brendan Rodgers, slouching through to the breakfast room. He looked a lot like that in his post match interview tonight. He's lost his way with us. Time to go. 

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....doing away with Claudio's services was the right thing to do, I am assuming you believe we made a mistake in that respect!!!

Yeah we made a mistake getting rid of him about 6 months after we won the league.

we also got rid of him after a solid away European performance in Seville which made no sense. 

the year before it was a miracle we stayed up and people seemed to expect us to be challenging for the league again having lost Kante… 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bfox said:

That's been slowly coached out of us for a few years now for slow patient possession play

That's the thing. The first eight months of Rodgers's tenure we saw both and it was brilliant! High intensity football but with quality is a winning formula. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I get what you're saying in some respects but don't think this is true considering the reactions of when we score or even when we concede. Obviously would be great not to concede but the amount of times we have bounced back immediately after doing so shows me that there's still some togetherness amongst the club. It started off as inconsistency, and now it's become somehwat of a rut and a result like tonight could be disastrous. Players may be persuaded to leave knowing they deserve better and even seek moves to current EL clubs that have their sights on CL football or actually regular trophies. 

But they should remember they've overachieved.