Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Unabomber said:

I’m one of the most level headed posters on here but it is time for a change. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

I’m one of the most level headed posters on here but it is time for a change. 

Agree. He has had 16 games to fix it and he has failed

12 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Yeah and injury crisis, we haven’t had our first 11 out all season. 

forfana, ndidi, evans, Ricardo, tielemens, madders have all been injured for extended time periods this year. That’s not to mention Justin who has been out for a year. We aren’t a side that can cope with this

Do you truly believe our squad even with those players missing at times over the course of this European campaign aren't good enough to finish at least 2nd in this group?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Surely you are on a wind up if you really believe we were wrong to sack Ranieri back then

And honestly who cares about what other clubs fans think? 99% of them had zero clue about how our season was unfolding they only knew that Ranieri won the league a season before. Makes me wonder if you remember his second season with us at all

Yeah we sacked him after a decent performance away at Seville and we were about 14th in the league with a tiny squad, when dealing with European football for the second time in our history. I remember it well. We went out the champions league and results picked up which was a surprise… 

Just now, Jonzey01 said:

I disagree, we would have stayed up. We could have kept him on until the end of the season and then politely changed things up. 

We slipped into the bottom three and had showed nothing that we were capable with him in charge that season.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Well generally people would look at if there was a ready made replacement before sacking someone off who would walk into a job with anyone else. 

We went with the risky overseas coach in the past with Puel and Sousa and look how than ended up. 

We also went with Ranieri … 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Still inside the stadium waiting to be let out

Its fooking freezing.

Warm the cockles of our hearts and tell us he’s jacked in the interview 

Any trouble with Napoli fans pre match?

And no he’s still in charge 

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Do you truly believe our squad even with those players missing at times over the course of this European campaign aren't good enough to finish at least 2nd in this group?

I believe it vardy had scored that penalty we wouldn’t be having this conversation. But I assume you blame Rodgers for that too?

13 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

To pretty much every top English side Rodgers is hailed as an excellent coach.

Getting rid of him because we’ve forgotten we have punched above our weight for the past two seasons to go with an unproven European coach would be as embarrassing as when we stabbed Claudio in the back 

Are you Robbie Savage?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Yeah we made a mistake getting rid of him about 6 months after we won the league.

we also got rid of him after a solid away European performance in Seville which made no sense. 

the year before it was a miracle we stayed up and people seemed to expect us to be challenging for the league again having lost Kante… 

It was sad but Claudio lost the dressing room, when that happens its over.

Him leaving at that time kept his legacy in tact, it would have been a bitter pill if he'd took us down. 

I didn't want Ranieri, Shakespeare or Puel sacked when they left and was ready to persist with all three. lol

I'm still, just about, "Brendan In", but I can see why so many are not.

Hope he turns it around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

Remember the days when we had Ndidi patroling in front of the defence, almost an imovable object, making tackles, intercepting dangerous looking defence splitting passes, They were the days.  

Like a majestic lion protecting his offspring he was.   One of the best defensive midfielders in europe.

Now he spends more of his time playing higher up the pitch trying to play expansive passes, and getting played around by the opposition.

This will be down to Rodgers, trying to make him into a type of player that he`s not. and why opposition teams are just walking through our midfield and exposing our poor in quality defence so easily.

We need to go back to basics, and play players in the role that they are strongest.

He's still making his tackles in the same numbers as always, but being higher up the pitch the ball more often breaks to an opponent and Wilf is not in a position to do anything to stop a quick counter attack. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Yeah we sacked him after a decent performance away at Seville and we were about 14th in the league with a tiny squad, when dealing with European football for the second time in our history. I remember it well. We went out the champions league and results picked up which was a surprise… 

We were 17th and had lost 5 on the bounce 

• Like 1

I said before the Villa game he has a month, I still stand by that, if we go out of the Carabao, FA cup and lose a couple of league games, should be out the door, the owners should be using this next month, to decide if it goes south, who takes charge for Burnley away on Jan 15th.

1 minute ago, Jonzey01 said:

His 3/4 seasons with Chelsea hardly made him an unknown in English football 

I don’t get your point… mine was you can look outside England and now you are saying we have to get some bloke no sod has ever heard of

1 minute ago, Jonzey01 said:

Yeah we made a mistake getting rid of him about 6 months after we won the league.

we also got rid of him after a solid away European performance in Seville which made no sense. 

the year before it was a miracle we stayed up and people seemed to expect us to be challenging for the league again having lost Kante… 

....it seems like you have a problem more with the timeline between winning the league and letting him go!!!

We were heading downwards, his way of playing was confusing to his players which led to his sacking. An inspired Drinkwater pass to Vardy at the death brought us back into the tie and gave us a chance in the second leg.

The League was disjointed and the big boys had to get their act together, but the way we were performing saw us dropping like a stone. I would suspect the owners would have been happy to keep him longer if the results were not so poor. It would not have been an easy task to sack him, but he (Ranieri) gave them little choice.