Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just about getting to 40points this season. Already looking forward to August and starting the season afresh. This season we’ve served up a lot of dross. Big players will be sold in the summer, a combination of their contracts rolling down, the club having to cash in so as to avoid Bosman free transfers and the players wanting to move on to bigger clubs playing in Europe. Must get our recruitment spot on in the summer. There is still some positives like the stadium expansion, big players returning from injury. Really would like to know what big Kolo Toure does as our defence is the worst in the league at the moment. Just not fun anymore…but I’ll still be down the King Power cheering us on as that’s what we do

11 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

The guy who took Wigan down and got canned by Everton.

oh and has been awful for the worlds number one ranked international team?

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Jesus Christ no, he’s woeful.

Diego :fishing:

lol

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

I don’t get your point… mine was you can look outside England and now you are saying we have to get some bloke no sod has ever heard of

My point was exactly the opposite let’s not get a guy nobody has heard of. You were making it out like Claudio was an unknown foreign coach that we got in. 

no other decent  prem manager would leave their club to come to us. So best to stick with what we have 

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Tonight post match was critical of our defensive naivety because we have so many young players.

This is the starting line up -  average team age of just under 28 years old.

Kasper - 35

Evans - 33

Cags - 25

Bertrand - 32

Castagne - 26

Ndidi - 24

Tielemans - 24

Barnes - 24

Maddison - 25

KDH - 23

Vardy - 34

And yet he's pinning his hopes on the return of 2 defenders aged 20 and 23.

Seems like Brendan simply doesn't know what's going wrong and is clutching at straws?

Yeah I picked up on that, not the best comment really, I have too say I felt a bit sorry for him, in that interview he looked, a bit "clueless" 

What concerns me is that our main failings right now are all tactical. They are all things that improve if you work on them on the training pitch. It’s organisation, movement, shape, speed of play and obviously set pieces.

That’s all down to him and he’s not even getting close to improving any of them.

I can forgive losing. I can forgive a lot, but this team are pushovers who go out without a fight. It’s slow, it’s predictable, it’s disorganised, it’s passive and I absolutely hate watching it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Will he still be in charge after Christmas do we reckon? 

honestly, now would  be a good time to sack him. 

bounce back and kills the worst team in the league ( Newcastle) and then give the new manager a couple of weeks to assess his squad before the window opens.

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

Yeah I picked up on that, not the best comment really, I have too say I felt a bit sorry for him, in that interview he looked, a bit "clueless" 

He looks and sounds like he's tried everything he can think of and it's not working. Interesting interview with Johnny Evans too - How do you improve defensively? Dunno (basically). End of the road I think.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Ay his tactics in Poland were spot on as well, as they were in the rest of that home game against Spartak

Talk tactics all you like, you can’t blame him for missing our all time leading goal scorer missing from 12 yards. 

we’d have won 1-0 and been sound in the group. 

Just now, Farrington fox said:

It could be too late then. Fail to beat Newcastle and he has to go. 

I don’t see a magic performance coming against Newcastle. With us playing away in Europe tonight and getting beat the players will struggle this weekend 

I think Rodger’s need to take a bit of responsibility here. 
yes we have had Justin and fofana out injured but we still have international players at our disposal so we cannot continue to hide behind that. When they are back from injury they are going to take time to get back to a level they were at.

Rodgers signings haven’t improved the squad unfortunately Perez, Bertrand, vestagard, soumare, lookman, daka, Ryan bennet…… we have spent so much money and none of them are permanent fixtures in the team.  
amartey is prefared to vestagard

castagne looks bang average at the minute

we haven’t improved our team in key areas and Rodger’s needs to look at himself.

For the money spent we should be doing better. Rodger’s is the 3rd or 4th best paid managers and have a budget of a top 6 or 8 team with our wage being the 7th highest….

• Like 1