Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

His 3/4 seasons with Chelsea hardly made him an unknown in English football 

And Puel's time at Southampton? Sousa's time at QPR and Swansea?

Renieri was arguably more unknown in England due to the amount of time passed since he last managed an English side. 

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

honestly, now would  be a good time to sack him. 

bounce back and kills the worst team in the league ( Newcastle) and then give the new manager a couple of weeks to assess his squad before the window opens.

Agreed. Personally think he goes after the Liverpool @ home game. 

2 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Think you've hit the nail on the head. Well done for your son playing last week You must be well proud.

You’re just another deluded fan, who thinks we probably have a divine right to be in the top 6 because we pay our manager high wages and finished 5th twice and won the league a few years back when all the stars aligned.

when you have a bad spell, you call for the managers head and show no loyalty to a guy who for 2 years has been class and won us two trophies. 

We’ll get dumped out the Carabao by Liverpool’s Under 21s with 5 thousand Blues in attendance but it’s all good because we were 9th when he joined and he’s bottled the champions league on two separate occasions and you should be grateful no matter what. 

8 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

I don’t see a magic performance coming against Newcastle. With us playing away in Europe tonight and getting beat the players will struggle this weekend 

Saint-Maximin will have a field day against our defence

17 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Tonight post match was critical of our defensive naivety because we have so many young players.

This is the starting line up -  average team age of just under 28 years old.

Kasper - 35

Evans - 33

Cags - 25

Bertrand - 32

Castagne - 26

Ndidi - 24

Tielemans - 24

Barnes - 24

Maddison - 25

KDH - 23

Vardy - 34

And yet he's pinning his hopes on the return of 2 defenders aged 20 and 23.

Seems like Brendan simply doesn't know what's going wrong and is clutching at straws?

Is anyone under 30 young?

Defensive naivety?

You'd have thought he'd talk to them about such things in training over the last two and a half years!

The man is absolutely full of s**** every post match interview. 

Elite 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

My point was exactly the opposite let’s not get a guy nobody has heard of. You were making it out like Claudio was an unknown foreign coach that we got in. 

no other decent  prem manager would leave their club to come to us. So best to stick with what we have 

I did not make out Claudio was unknown 😂😂 I said he was foreign and was a bit out of nowhere. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Claudio and Shakespeare got us to the QFs of the CL with Danny Simpson and Marc Albrighton. 

This guy has our best ever squad and crashes out of the EL at the group stages. 

Shakespeare is not a better manager than Rodgers though. Lets be honest. Absoloute disaster and would have taken us down. 

Perspective here. This guy also delivered an FA Cup trophy. 

Plus, why is this squad better than 15/16? We had Kante, Mahrez and prime Vardy then. We haven't got a winger now that's a quarter of what Mahrez was. 

15 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Talk tactics all you like, you can’t blame him for missing our all time leading goal scorer missing from 12 yards. 

we’d have won 1-0 and been sound in the group. 

He isn't our all time leading goal scorer, additionally we shouldn't have been relying on a penalty in that game. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

For all those calling out Rodgers, I completely understand your reasoning on what you can see with your eyes on the field, but what about what we don’t see off of the field?

I might be wrong, but personally, I think we’d be better off sticking it out with him and transition the side with him overseeing it all. I think there are other factors at play here and the manager is not the problem that needs fixing immediately. 

Nice try Brendan. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Claudio and Shakespeare got us to the QFs of the CL with Danny Simpson and Marc Albrighton. 

Yeah but he had a training ground do with Raheem Sterling when he was still weening himsen off of Aptamil for no apparent reason other than to be an arsehole. Wind your neck in we’re lucky to have him. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Not long after Rodgers was sacked by Liverpool, my missus and me had an indulgent London weekend at Claridges. Saw a few celebs while we were there, including a downbeat-looking Brendan Rodgers, slouching through to the breakfast room. He looked a lot like that in his post match interview tonight. He's lost his way with us. Time to go. 

Did the cornflakes on his tie give it away?

• Haha 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Shakespeare is not a better manager than Rodgers though. Lets be honest. Absoloute disaster and would have taken us down. 

Plus, why is this squad better than 15/16? We had Kante, Mahrez and prime Vardy then. We haven't got a winger now that's a quarter of what Mahrez was. 

You’ve nailed this. People have short memories. One thing that is annoying is why we keep shopping in the bargain basement for a right winger. Let’s just go and get a proven quantity 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Zorya, Slavia and Legia. Clearly we can't compete with their resources as they beat us.

Make no mistake, this is a terrible performance in this group.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Let's be honest mate a Youri thundercvnt and VAR gave us the FA Cup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He isn't our all time leading goal scorer, additionally we shouldn't have been relying on a penalty in that game. 

Premier league goal scorer you get my point. Also this is true, we missed a hatful of chances and the ref was abysmal. But of course Rodgers should have got himself on the end of those chances and scored…?