Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Zorya, Slavia and Legia. Clearly we can't compete with their resources as they beat us.

Make no mistake, this is a terrible performance in this group.

It's awful and what's worse is that people will defend it.

We'll get knocked out of the Conference and people will say we're lucky to be competing in Europe.

4 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Yeah we sacked him after a decent performance away at Seville and we were about 14th in the league with a tiny squad, when dealing with European football for the second time in our history. I remember it well. We went out the champions league and results picked up which was a surprise… 

Fair enough, you remember it well. Let's just agree to disagree then. I thought In the leauge Claudio just lost the plot, we were sliding down the table towards the relegation spots, we were easy to read for other teams tactically and he was unwilling to change anything and the players seemed to lost belief (which seems to be pretty much our case right now with Rodgers).

I'd love Rodgers to prove all of us naysayers wrong but watching us play it's hard to be optimistic.

• Like 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Let's be honest mate a Youri thundercvnt and VAR gave us the FA Cup.

Plus Kasper's save. But that's how finals go isn't, you know that. There's plenty of finals played where the dominating team have lost.

Plus we knocked Man Utd out on the way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

For all those calling out Rodgers, I completely understand your reasoning on what you can see with your eyes on the field, but what about what we don’t see off of the field?

I might be wrong, but personally, I think we’d be better off sticking it out with him and transition the side with him overseeing it all. I think there are other factors at play here and the manager is not the problem that needs fixing immediately. 

If by transition do you mean wait until summer, whoever leaves leaves and then allow Rodgers to rebuild the team? Really? I suppose you'd also trust him to bring in the right players to do that also?

What in his previous history at Liverpool and Celtic gives you any faith in his choice of players?

Perez, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Bennett, Lookman  ... starting to look a bit shakey a theory to me.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Plus Kasper's save. But that's how finals go isn't, you know that. There's plenty of finals played where the dominating team have lost.

Plus we knocked Man Utd out on the way.

Yeah moments of quality from our best players.

And one of the worst Man Utd teams for 30 years surely.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

New manager in for January, have a pop at this Vauxhall Conference thing and just try and get a bit of pride back in to this place. His chance of getting another gig at the elite is in ruins.

Don't think so, his media mates like Savage will continue to big him up (injuries, overachieving, small club etc) and we'll be blamed along with the players, Puel and whoever else has been involved recently.

• Like 1

Just now, messerschmitt said:

I've been Tranmere on a Friday night in the rain in the eighties, I watched owners invest their own money to put us where we are, Writing off debt and investing in something we could only have dreamed about years ago, I don't know who you are or how old you are but to call me deluded for thinking we deserve better than this. I don't think Top thinks we are still little Leicester.

I’m glad we are singing from the same sheet in terms of watching the club for years. 

but let’s not bring owners into this, 30 years ago we were in administration having messed our finances up so badly. 

these owners have been a breath of fresh air and the last 8/9 years some of the best in our history. The way some are carrying on is like we’ve just drawn at Stoke and been relegated 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah moments of quality from our best players.

And one of the worst Man Utd teams for 30 years surely.

Yep. That's why they are best players. For instance, Liverpool basically won it in 2006 because of Steven Gerrard. 

Also agreed one of the worse Man Utd sides but still gotta beat them. If we'd have lost to them people would have been calling (and rightly so) but if he beats them it's because they aren't good? In that case he'll never win.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Premier league goal scorer you get my point. Also this is true, we missed a hatful of chances and the ref was abysmal. But of course Rodgers should have got himself on the end of those chances and scored…?

More how passive we looked in the game, as we did against Legia away. Anyway I'd love for the bloke to have a change in fortunes, but 'if' he has lost them for whatever reason it seems a hard task

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Milo said:

Anyone got any stats on how bad we’ve been over the past 12 months? 

Or point me in the right direction of where to find them. 

I think someone put them up and it was something like we obtained half the amount of points we could have done?

So not awful, but not good either.

Anyone who has Managed at any level knows that there are only so many team talks you can make before the players stop listening. Same as losing your marbles at half time. The players just think "Here he goes again". Either you replace some players like Ferguson or you replace the Manager. I think Brendan is in that moment.

• Like 4

We'd been shite in the run up to the FA cup, fair play we won it and he's a legend for winning it for us, but I fear his style has a time limit. The players clearly aren't inspired by him and the team spirit seems completely sapped. 

Time for a change I think. We need a coach who can improve us and we haven't improved in a long time now 

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Claudio and Shakespeare got us to the QFs of the CL with Danny Simpson and Marc Albrighton. 

This guy has our best ever squad and crashes out of the EL at the group stages. 

Let's not forget it was one of the easiest EL groups you could possibly wish for. The Legia away game is inexcusable.

All BR managed to do he's proven you can't get through to Europa League knockout stages playing Championship level football

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Like I said, I might be wrong - but I do think the side needs a shake up, regardless of manager. I’d like to see Rodgers be the man to do it, but if it can’t be him then fair enough. 

I think you're right regarding needing a shake up but I really couldn't trust Rodgers personally. Both for the reasons given but also his preferred philosophy of football is both dull and obsolete. At a relatively young age he's already starting to look like yesterday's man.

2 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

I’m glad we are singing from the same sheet in terms of watching the club for years. 

but let’s not bring owners into this, 30 years ago we were in administration having messed our finances up so badly. 

these owners have been a breath of fresh air and the last 8/9 years some of the best in our history. The way some are carrying on is like we’ve just drawn at Stoke and been relegated 

Nothing personnel mate, couple of oldies disagreeing, I was a fan of Brendan since Swansea and can't believe he came here but what he's doing and saying now is really worrying. I can't see it changing I'm not entitled but think what were seeing here there is something majorly wrong. Hope I'm over reacting and things sort themselves out but Leicester means everything to me and I feel like Ive been kicked in the ***** recently. Yeah others, laugh and put me down, can't help how I feel. Think it's time to give this place a wide birth.