Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Don't think so, his media mates like Savage will continue to big him up (injuries, overachieving, small club etc) and we'll be blamed along with the players, Puel and whoever else has been involved recently.

I think you're absolutely right in your assumptions.

However, I think the day we start listening and believing such self preserving media mates Is the day Leicester City loses it's identity and ceases to exist because it's always been the same, particularly in the 2015/16 season. We ignore and carry on the Leicester way.

16 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Premier league goal scorer you get my point. Also this is true, we missed a hatful of chances and the ref was abysmal. But of course Rodgers should have got himself on the end of those chances and scored…?

Nobody should've needed to get on the end of those chances. We should have qualified well before tonight in that group.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Why does everybody think if we sack him that we suddenly improve. The next bloke loses his first two matches then what?. This is as much to do with the players as it is with him. We got too many big-time Charlie's I reckon. Its time for them to get back to basics.

....Shakey won his first 5 games...!!!

The new manager bounce is a known phenomena, yes the players have a big part to play in this, but perhaps the leadership and the environment has become too cosy and there appear little consequence to poor performances.

Rodgers will have to stamp his authority on this team and that is going to mean dropping players and perhaps dropping in one or two U23s to make his point.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Milo said:

Anyone got any stats on how bad we’ve been over the past 12 months? 

Or point me in the right direction of where to find them. 

The answer is actually “better than you think”.

Last 9 months are a different story.

8 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Nothing personnel mate, couple of oldies disagreeing, I was a fan of Brendan since Swansea and can't believe he came here but what he's doing and saying now is really worrying. I can't see it changing I'm not entitled but think what were seeing here there is something majorly wrong. Hope I'm over reacting and things sort themselves out but Leicester means everything to me and I feel like Ive been kicked in the ***** recently. Yeah others, laugh and put me down, can't help how I feel. Think it's time to give this place a wide birth.

Not wrong at all. Sometimes situations just get beyond people.

It’s the lack of change and willingness to address the problems. And it it’s not an unwillingness it’s an inability. And we can’t blame the quality of the player because we know it’s there on the most part. Yes some injuries haven’t been kind to us for a good year and half but jt

isn’t the sole problem and can’t be an ongoing excuse. 

Guest StevieLynex

Excerpt from an article when BR was at Liverpool:

Rodgers owns 102 houses, a portfolio built up over two decades and so big it cost £32,000 (€45,210) just to have to be independently assessed.

£10m pay off from us will buy quite a few more properties - he's deliberately trying to get himself sacked

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm relaxed, this month will absolutely rip us apart and unless Top, Rudkin and Whelan deliberately want to see us chance relegation then he's gone.

We won't pick up another point in 2021 and will be out of the League Cup too.

It's sad to see it end like this Brendan, but he's finished here. Massively fcuked it.

This is true.

The reason Brendan is ****ed is because the writing is on the wall.

Theres zero hope to cling onto that he can turn this around. We’ve already had one horrific slump in the project restart season, that saw us throw away a position that seemed impossible to relinquish, and then again the season after we threw away another position where it would have been easier to have secured.

He seemingly can’t get the players going again, this is a seriously talented squad and it’s currently dragging its knuckles.

The issue is a Brendan was the guy for the bosses, and it’s going sour, it’s a shame because Brendan is a good coach at heart, but he lacks a killer instinct, something he proved at Liverpool, he lacks the ruthless edge the likes of Tuchel, Klopp or Pep, and it seriously holds him back. 

To save his job he’s got to be ruthless, but I just don’t think he is capable of saving this situation. The weekend a a monster game, against Newcastle….. the would be relegation fodder.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

You lot watching the same as me because that’s the players nothing to do with Rodgers some of the defending, passing, commitment was shocking only players to come away with anything Vardy, Maddison, KDH and late inclusion of Daka the rest can fec off 

An orchestra is nothing without a conductor. Currently our talented players cannot or will not produce a tune. 

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

You lot watching the same as me because that’s the players nothing to do with Rodgers some of the defending, passing, commitment was shocking only players to come away with anything Vardy, Maddison, KDH and late inclusion of Daka the rest can fec off 

An orchestra is nothing without a conductor. Currently our talented players cannot or will not produce a tune. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
18 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Anyone who has Managed at any level knows that there are only so many team talks you can make before the players stop listening. Same as losing your marbles at half time. The players just think "Here he goes again". Either you replace some players like Ferguson or you replace the Manager. I think Brendan is in that moment.

Tonight was the first time he called them out publically. Interesting to see where this goes.

At least we got an FA cup from this period of success. Still we need to adapt and learn from this meltdown, with or without Rodgers, it's not a coincidence that the first season in ages where we didn't sell anyone is the one where we stopped progressing. We need to learn to stick to the model and sell our players when their value is high, doesn't matter how 'vital' the likes of Tielemans and Soyuncu seem when they're tearing it up, if they're not committed then they are inevitably going to hold us back, whether that's on the pitch or in the dressing room. There's always another star out there to replace our players, that's our current model of success. 

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonzey01 said:

Hardy a piss poor group Napoli are a seasoned European team and they have struggled. We just don’t have European nouce  atm

The team Napoli fielded tonight was piss poor but yet again we manage to **** it up as our defence is tragic 

• Like 1

Can anyone offer any notion of comfort of examples of managers who have turned around hideous spells? Klopp I suppose managed to stop a bad 3 months at Liverpool but we are now the equivalent of 3/4 of a season in horrid form except for the cup success. Its bleak and it seldom ends well in situations like this, which is why fans are often so relentless in their demands to do what's inevitable anyway. 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
28 minutes ago, Milo said:

Anyone got any stats on how bad we’ve been over the past 12 months? 

Or point me in the right direction of where to find them. 

image.png.2d3000522006ae1d08c84321ffc2fc6a.png

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Can anyone offer any notion of comfort of examples of managers who have turned around hideous spells? Klopp I suppose managed to stop a bad 3 months at Liverpool but we are now the equivalent of 3/4 of a season in horrid form except for the cup success. Its bleak and it seldom ends well in situations like this, which is why fans are often so relentless in their demands to do what's inevitable anyway. 

Rodgers after his first season with us, thought he was done after that late season meltdown but fair play to him he managed to turn it around.