Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can anyone offer any notion of comfort of examples of managers who have turned around hideous spells? Klopp I suppose managed to stop a bad 3 months at Liverpool but we are now the equivalent of 3/4 of a season in horrid form except for the cup success. Its bleak and it seldom ends well in situations like this, which is why fans are often so relentless in their demands to do what's inevitable anyway. 

It's just a matter of time now.

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can anyone offer any notion of comfort of examples of managers who have turned around hideous spells? Klopp I suppose managed to stop a bad 3 months at Liverpool but we are now the equivalent of 3/4 of a season in horrid form except for the cup success. Its bleak and it seldom ends well in situations like this, which is why fans are often so relentless in their demands to do what's inevitable anyway. 

Nigel Pearson 2014/15

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

All the best fans haven't turned up

Our defensive formations at the KP have been dreadful

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Klopp I suppose managed to stop a bad 3 months at Liverpool

I always got the feeling that was down to the hangover of the bloke before, with a team of players not set up to play the system he wanted. He got carte blanche in a transfer window and they’ve never looked back since. 

King bottlejob. Bottled two top 4 finishes and has now bottled our only chance of European football next season. Gonna cost us our best players who won't be hanging around now. Cheers Brendan, you stubborn chode.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pearson in 14/15, but really we weren't that bad were we and staying up was the only goal

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Milo said:

Anyone got any stats on how bad we’ve been over the past 12 months? 

Or point me in the right direction of where to find them. 

PL stats from Jan 2021 to now.

Pl   W D  L  F    A  Pts

38 16 8 14 63 59 56. 

We'd be 8th in the table.

Our record over the last 8-9 months would be interesting.

• Thanks 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Doesn't me sense, crazy turn around

I agree, it’s a crazy fall off. Doesn’t make much sense. Okay we’ve lost players, but those in back up aren’t THAT bad, Ndidi is still the shield, the keeper is the same, Evans is in there. Are Fofana and JJ that important? I don’t think so. Something is fundamentally broken inside our club at the moment. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Actually Pearson after the 12/13 collapse, easier to do with a summer break not that it has been for Rodgers

1 hour ago, Arkie Bennett said:

He's still making his tackles in the same numbers as always, but being higher up the pitch the ball more often breaks to an opponent and Wilf is not in a position to do anything to stop a quick counter attack. 

....it has been happening for some time now and Rodgers still ask him to push forward!!!

He is very much the last line of defence, even if it is just buying time for reinforcement, Rodgers will sooner or later realise his experiment with Wilf is not working.

Guest Col city fan
10 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

This was our defence mid way through last season. Right now, over the past 4 games, our defence ranks 20th. Bottom of the league. 

C3AD0DB9-1135-4238-B81B-BFE12DB5F9AE.jpeg

And that……sums it up doesn’t it……the worst in the fookin league

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....it has been happening for some time now and Rodgers still ask him to push forward!!!

He is very much the last line of defence, even if it is just buying time for reinforcement, Rodgers will sooner or later realise his experiment with Wilf is not working.

I used to say Wenger made good player worse...  now I think rodgers does just that 

• Like 1