Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Kopfkino
11 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

This was our defence mid way through last season. Right now, over the past 4 games, our defence ranks 20th. Bottom of the league. 

C3AD0DB9-1135-4238-B81B-BFE12DB5F9AE.jpeg

To be a pedant, this is from 19/20. But yes this says it all and makes a bit of a mockery of the injuries excuse 

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The really big problem is we've struggled and fought for the Europa League then treated it like a piece of shit the second we've gotten there. 

We're not massive. Tonight hurt. 

I get that hurt feeling. Fighting for CL. Being pipped at the death then this EL shit show. It hurts without sounding overdramatic hopefully. 

Just now, foxile5 said:

He's a lovely bloke, though, Brendan. Nice to the players and great with the media. 

Lovely. Top man. Kind. Great to talk to. 

You missed “he develops players” - Robbie Savage

Last 25 PL games

W D L  F    A   Pts

8 6 11 39-46  30

We've been conceding on average almost 2 goals a game over the last 25 games. Conceding goals is not a recent phenomenon,  we've been doing it for

7-8 months

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I get that hurt feeling. Fighting for CL. Being pipped at the death then this EL shit show. It hurts without sounding overdramatic hopefully. 

The problem is that he views us as minnows. The issues lay with the manager. Not good enough. 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Corky said:

And yet some of their fans have been calling us ungrateful for questioning him.

He's wasted near on £100m:

Perez - £30m

Praet - £20m

Vestegaard - £15m

Soumare - £15m

Bertrand - on a free, but how much are we paying him

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, KFS said:

You missed “he develops players” - Robbie Savage

Great man manager, develops young players - look how well Barnes and Thomas have progressed under him

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

He's wasted near on £100m:

Perez - £30m

Praet - £20m

Vestegaard - £15m

Soumare - £15m

Bertrand - on a free, but how much are we paying him

No no no no

He's already told you he's overachieving. DO NOT question that. It's fine. Accept. 

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, foxile5 said:

No no no no

He's already told you he's overachieving. DO NOT question that. It's fine. Accept. 

Plus we have the state-of-the-art £100m training facility for him to unearth the next Ronaldo

1 hour ago, Notting your mums forest said:

Really would like to know what big Kolo Toure does as our defence is the worst in the league at the moment. Just not fun anymore…but I’ll still be down the King Power cheering us on as that’s what we do

...the Defensive Coach may not see things as the Manager, Rodgers has the final say!!!

There is a balance that has to be struck, we could adopt and play a very defensive style and suffer upfront or we attempt to resolve this malaise. Just take a look at Bould  v Wenger, the club decided to give Bould a bigger role in order to resolve a very porous Arsenal team. When Bould implemented his tactics, it stopped the rot but Arsenal went for sometime without scoring. Wenger then took back control as they were falling further and further behind.

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

Plus we have the state-of-the-art £100m training facility for him to unearth the next Ronaldo

I toured the training facility. They said that was a place of no excuses. 

Love to see that performance. That's peak. 

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, foxile5 said:

I toured the training facility. They said that was a place of no excuses. 

Love to see that performance. That's peak. 

Great that the facilities have been upgraded for Birch as well. I presume that there's a jacuzzi for the groundsman as well - top notch stuff

Just now, StevieLynex said:

Great that the facilities have been upgraded for Birch as well. I presume that there's a jacuzzi for the groundsman as well - top notch stuff

Unforgivable. No excuse. Tonight was tactics and nothing else. 

Sadly there's a sector that think Brendan should weather any storm. He's already invulnerable. 

I may be wrong but reading between the lines of his post match interview he mentioned "young players" not doing their jobs properly at set piece and defensive situations and I've linked that to Thomas being left out tonight and also Harvey letting his full back marker bomb forward and get crosses in at times recently making that flank a bit of a free tin can alley range at times for balls into our box. But if Bertrand gets picked on Sunday that will be the moment my respect for Brendan would turn, you cannot give shirts to players who have not put a shift in, it devalues the badge and devalues the club. However stretched we are I'd rather have Amartey, Campbell or Albrighton at RB. Castagne LB or Thomas back in, you cannot have a senior pro trotting casually into the box or playing people yards and yards onside (imagine the graphics guy being asked to draw those lines...."do we really need the lines, you could get a pair of buses in that space". Yes, Vestergaard looks shocking and struggles to run and turn but I presume that's never been in his skill set. Having the attitude of Bertrand tonight is inexcusable. As was not hooking him at half time. Brendan has been dealt an absolutely s**t hand of cards over and over for months now but you don't lower your standards by handing shirts to journeymen and accepting such a lack of desire. Picking him on Sunday will be accepting that. 

Edited by fazzyfox