Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

28 minutes ago, sm1 said:

PL stats from Jan 2021 to now.

Pl   W D  L  F    A  Pts

38 16 8 14 63 59 56. 

We'd be 8th in the table.

Our record over the last 8-9 months would be interesting.

Our record since Arsenal at home in mid Feb is very similar to the points return of Claude Puel over the same period which got him the sack.

2 minutes ago, tetly said:

When he publicly said the club has over achieved he lost the players. It’s almost impossible to ask them to keep over achieving.

His time may be coming to a end unfortunately.

The players after he said that:

Guest David Oldfields Gate
Just now, Lambert09 said:

laugh or we’ll have to cry. Might do another round of Brent or Brendan 

Please!

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Nobody can honestly say hand on heart that they really believe Rodgers will turn this around. There's zero evidence to suggest he can halt such a collapse of confidence, tactical ineptitude and defensive organisation 

Brendan Rodgers believes he can

It's been getting increasingly obvious game by game but he's finished here now. Weve seen this sort of slump before with different managers and absolutely nothing in his cv suggests he's turning it around. With the defence as bad as it is (and as a unit its performing worse than any other defence we've had since Paolo Sousas brief disaster) we are gonna hit a relegation battle sooner rather than later. A new manager bounce is needed to try and rescue this season.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I may be wrong but reading between the lines of his post match interview he mentioned "young players" not doing their jobs properly at set piece and defensive situations and I've linked that to Thomas being left out tonight and also Harvey letting his full back marker bomb forward and get crosses in at times recently making that flank a bit of a free tin can alley range at times for balls into our box. But if Bertrand gets picked on Sunday that will be the moment my respect for Brendan would turn, you cannot give shirts to players who have not put a shift in, it devalues the badge and devalues the club. However stretched we are I'd rather have Amartey, Campbell or Albrighton at RB. Castagne LB or Thomas back in, you cannot have a senior pro trotting casually into the box or playing people yards and yards onside (imagine the graphics guy being asked to draw those lines...."do we really need the lines, you could get a pair of buses in that space". Yes, Vestergaard looks shocking and struggles to run and turn but I presume that's never been in his skill set. Having the attitude of Bertrand tonight is inexcusable. As was not hooking him at half time. Brendan has been dealt an absolutely s**t hand of cards over and over for months now but you don't lower your standards by handing shirts to journeymen and accepting such a lack of desire. Picking him on Sunday will be accepting that. 

Of he's fcukin blaming Luke Thomas for those calamitous goals we conceded vs Villa then he's an even bigger arsehole than I thought. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

What’s the longest stretch of games we’ve gone without keeping a clean sheet?

must be closing in on it now

I'll be honest pal, just conceding 1 a game wouldn't be an issue at the minute, we'd be doing OK!!!!

• Haha 1

The thing that worries me with us is that we seem to have a cycle in which we perform very well with a new manager then drop off after a season or two and sack the manager. Rinse and repeat. Happened with Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel and now seems to be happening with Rodgers. Makes me think it’s more than just a manager issue. Not sure if it’s player power or higher up but something seems fundamentally wrong at times. 

Goals conceded per game in PL under Brendan:-

Season 1 - 0.91 per game (11 games only)

Season 2 - 1.08 per game

Season 3 - 1.31 per game

Season 4 - 1.8 per game (15 games only)

I know we can't take these numbers in total isolation from other factors such as goals scored (after all it's about winning games!), but we can't ignore the fact that we have a huge problems that has crept up on us over 3 years.

Can he put the defence right? There's nothing in the stats that would suggest a sudden turnaround.

P.S I worked this out after a couple of sorrow drowning beers so don't expect total accuracy 😂

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

The FA Cup 'failure' was one of the best days of my life.

I get that you don't like him and of course he's made errors but this is just stupid and inaccurate.

I'm talking about tonight not the FA Cup. That was such a good day. No doubt. 

1 minute ago, IsItMuzzy said:

The thing that worries me with us is that we seem to have a cycle in which we perform very well with a new manager then drop off after a season or two and sack the manager. Rinse and repeat. Happened with Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel and now seems to be happening with Rodgers. Makes me think it’s more than just a manager issue. Not sure if it’s player power or higher up but something seems fundamentally wrong at times. 

Chelsea are the most successful team in the last 20 years doing this, it's not a problem if it results in an improvement even if it's not for a great length of time. Sack him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

For all those calling out Rodgers, I completely understand your reasoning on what you can see with your eyes on the field, but what about what we don’t see off of the field?

I might be wrong, but personally, I think we’d be better off sticking it out with him and transition the side with him overseeing it all. I think there are other factors at play here and the manager is not the problem that needs fixing immediately. 

....I am assuming you mean, the players have downed tools!!!

I have absolutely no problem with Rodgers not knowing what the conference is. Why would he have wasted one minute of his life looking at the structure of a tournament he had no desire for his club to arrive in. It's like being stood up at the alter and the Vicar saying to you "Well haven't you been having affairs with any alternatives in case this happens". It's a sign of positivity and belief rather than stubbornness to have an attitude of  no interest in the make up of a lesser level tournament than the one we were in. Imagine saying to Eddie Howe on Sunday "How do you see the championship (as in division) shaping up next season, who will your rivals for promotion be?" Yes he needs to have an interest now, next week or next month when we know who we're playing, scout, plan etc but imagine being Schmeichel ten weeks ago walking into Rodgers office, "What's that you're reading Gaffer", "The in's and out's of the Europa Conference League". Perhaps privately he will come round in the coming weeks to feel it's an opportunity to rack up some experience in terms of European Football in general but I doubt he's ever spent a moment weighing up whether winning the thing is harder or easier than qualifying for Europa League by premier league placing. With our injuries and the risk and fatigue additional games bring he'd probably wish it didn't exist, at least this time round with our situation.

4 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

I honestly feel like footballs moved on from the days of managers being in charge of the same club for long spells. I think it's perfectly healthy to change say every 3 or 4 years. Stick to a model of the kind of people you want in but I feel like the modern day footballer gets bored of hearing the same voice for too long. Things have gone so stale and it would take something incredible for him to to get us ticking again

• Like 1