Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Napoli  were Insipid, ineffectual part reserve team but they were still significantly better than us.  Number of players need to look at themselves but so do management/coaches.

hugely disappointing “campaign” is typical of hugely disappointing season.  Hope time for change soon.

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

For ****s sake, how long can we go on about the FA Cup. We were shit prior to it and shit after it and in reality only won it thanks to a wonder goal. The amount of people that would happily watch us get relegated, lose a squad of quality players and inevitably fall back into financial trouble because we won the FA Cup is ridiculous. Think of the bigger picture. Its all going to look a bit spursy in 30 years time when we are getting wanked on by Yeovil on a Tuesday night but still banging on about how we won the FA Cup. 

We won it 6 months ago you pleb. Also the claim was that Brendan had been an 'utter failure'. My question to you, simple yes or no - does winning the FA Cup count as a success?

Also, you making a lot of weird assumptions that don't seem to have much to do with my post.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 2

Let’s be honest, he didnt want to be in the EL with some of the teams we have picked to play..

bottled the CL 2 years running, then doesn’t take the EL seriously either..

and he wonders why fans show their displeasure at some real awful performances at the KP this season..

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'm talking about tonight not the FA Cup. That was such a good day. No doubt. 

Fair play mate. My bad. I thought you were talking about his tenure as a whole. I actually agree with you in that regard lol

Edited by Tielemans63

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

We won it 6 months ago you pleb. Also the claim was that Brendan had been an 'utter failure'. My question to you, simple yes or no - does winning the FA Cup count as a success?

Also, you making a lot of weird assumptions that don't seem to have much to do with my post.

He should always be appreciated for winning us the FA cup. Never truly believed we'd ever win it in my lifetime. Having said that I don't think it should buy him any more time. This isn't a short spell of poor form anymore

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

He should always be appreciated for winning us the FA cup. Never truly believed we'd ever win it in my lifetime. This isn't a short spell of poor form anymore

I didn't say it did. Just pointing out that his tenure has been far from the failure some are making out.

Yes, an isolated one. Not one to excuse 9 months of shocking football and two straight seasons of being in the top four until the final week of the season, no. Does falling off a cliff and dropping out of the top 4 in exactly the same manner two seasons in a row and playing disgusting football for 9 months count as a failure? Yes. 

Get real. We won the FA Cup, fantastic as it was, it will do absolutely nothing to sustain the club as an entity, no matter how long it will stay in the memory. 

• Like 4

I didn't say it did. Just pointing out that his tenure has been far from the failure some are making out.

Yeah his tenure has been a weird one. We've seemed to either be in great form or terrible form, there never seems to be any middle ground

I do feel really sad with how this is turning out. I like Brendan, I think he’s a great fit for the club, and an all round nice guy…. 

I do think he’s a good coach too, but, he just seems to have lost it here. I don’t know if following the FA cup win he has struggled to get the lads onside I don’t know, but you just can’t deny the wheels haven’t only come off, but they’ve ****ed off down the Lane. 

There are serious issues at this club when things turn sour, and it’s time to out those who cause it, even if they’re club legends like Vardy and Kasper. I can’t help but think the atmosphere changed after the covid party bust up, I’m wondering if that was the moment Brendan lost a grip on the lads and his position has just dissolved ever since this moment.

I’d love Brendan to turn it all around and we now go on a mad winning streak and sneak into the top four, but tonight just proved his time is up. We need to recruit a strong manager who will not be afraid to remove the bad eggs, we need to progress as a club and we can’t allow “legends” to stir the dressing room every time things start to go wrong, otherwise we will be repeating this cycle for ever. 

Time for a shake up, we can’t standby and let this shower of shit continue, not when we’ve invested heavily into a new training ground that betters any in the league and stadium expansions that put us in the bracket of elite clubs. The on field achievements need to reflect the off field ones.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Chelsea are the most successful team in the last 20 years doing this, it's not a problem if it results in an improvement even if it's not for a great length of time. Sack him

Exactly this. Its not like Rodgers has had a brief tenure. Itl be essentially 3 years if we sack him in the next few weeks. O Neil at 4 and a half years is the longest serving city manager since the early 90s

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silverfox14 said:

What question was it that was asked that Bertrand was the answer?

If you could pick the shittest left back we've got to play in one of the most important games of the season, which would it be?

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

An orchestra is nothing without a conductor. Currently our talented players cannot or will not produce a tune. 

Believe me conductors do not teach musicians to play. They can knock a piece off without him or her. Every professional performer whether that be musicians or footballers should take personal pride in their occupation. Currently some of our players are not doing that.

• Haha 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Believe me conductors do not teach musicians to play. They can knock a piece off without him or her. Every professional performer whether that be musicians or footballers should take personal pride in their occupation. Currently some of our players are not doing that.

Then there's really no need to pay the conductor so handsomely