Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

30 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

The thing that worries me with us is that we seem to have a cycle in which we perform very well with a new manager then drop off after a season or two and sack the manager. Rinse and repeat. Happened with Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel and now seems to be happening with Rodgers. Makes me think it’s more than just a manager issue. Not sure if it’s player power or higher up but something seems fundamentally wrong at times. 

That is most clubs experience right there, it’s not unique to Leicester.

New manager comes in, teams don’t know what to expect, uplift in results.

Teams learn to play against the new system and results decline.

Manager unable or unwilling to change, results continue to decline.

manager sacked, new manger in, rinse and repeat.

Unless you are stocked with world class players or have one of the few managers (Alex Ferguson was the last) that can continually evolve a team over a sustained period the pattern will repeat.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

It won't happen immediately but I'd be massively suprised if this wasn't the beginning of the end. Be shocked if he's still here by Jan.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It won't happen immediately but I'd be massively suprised if this wasn't the beginning of the end. Be shocked if he's still here by Jan.

Shocked and concerned. Can’t see it myself, Top won’t suffer this nonsense from anyone.

29 minutes ago, Silverfox14 said:

Napoli  were Insipid, ineffectual part reserve team but they were still significantly better than us.  Number of players need to look at themselves but so do management/coaches.

hugely disappointing “campaign” is typical of hugely disappointing season.  Hope time for change soon.

i wouldnt go as far to say they were significantly better. i wasn't impressed with them at all, that's what makes this loss so bad.

• Like 1

Hmm. Got to say some of the tone on here isn’t great.  I can see both sides of the should he stay / should he go argument, but I do think we should remember what he’s already done for this club. Message boards are notorious for venting the extreme end of views, but surely he’s due a little respect if nothing else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, erlee said:

..we ve played a number of system & shapes..:blush: yadda ..i dont even know what the competition is (conf league)

Alot of young players in the team? how old were the players in the defence? lol it's the same excuses over and over again!

Edited by chapero82

5 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

I’d have more sympathy for Rodgers if he fully utilised the full squad available to him. How useful would it have been to have had Praet  available tonight and in recent weeks while Youri has been out? He’s been treated appallingly. So has Kelechi - last seasons top scorer can’t get a game? Choudhury’s defensive prowess blunted while BR tries to turn him into a box to box player. Perez has played in his best position in about five games. Soumare is being asked to play a role which he wasn’t playing when we signed him. Ward deserves a chance to show he can do better than Kasper. Soyuncu has repeatedly been selected ahead of Amartey even though he’s having a highly public nightmare and Amartey is far less error prone. As a consequence he relies on the same squad within a squad even when they’re playing terribly and/or recovering from injury and/or trying to reach the level needed for the Premier League.  

Brendan seems incapable of accepting the limitations of the players he has at his disposal and devising a system which covers up their deficiencies and allows them to play to their strengths. He has his system which he rigidly adheres to and the players have to fit into it. The results seem to him just of passing interest. His main priority seems to be to show he can replace Pep Guardiola or some other elite manager by demonstrating his tactical skill each week. 

Ian can’t be vaccinated can he? Surely 

Looking at that game and the players who seem to be just going throw the motions, I would say Rodgers has lost the the dressing room , or Rodgers has run out of ideas now to fix , 

1) the defence 

2) how to defend corners and free kicks

3) how to get the team to play forward not backwards or sideways then backwards 

4) get the players to hold the ball and be able to pass it to a team mate 

I really think it’s time to cut the cord and fine a manager who can get us moving forward and able to defend , before it’s to  late and we end up fighting the drop 

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

The overwhelming thing for me is that across the six games, the opposition always looked more organised. Maybe not more talented, but always more organised, and therefore hard to beat.

2 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Let's not forget it was one of the easiest EL groups you could possibly wish for. The Legia away game is inexcusable.

All BR managed to do he's proven you can't get through to Europa League knockout stages playing Championship level football

....Rodgers struggles to get past the last 32 in all his excursions in Europe!!!

That is some indictment, you wonder what stops him, being the manager people seems to think he is.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

The overwhelming thing for me is that across the six games, the opposition always looked more organised. Maybe not more talented, but always more organised, and therefore hard to beat.

I don’t know about that, Napoli we’re knocking that ball about in a lovely manner, short crisp passes, always 2 options for each player, and they had many first teamers out