Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

We’re in a worrying downward spiral which threatens to undo absolutely everything we’ve achieved in the last half a decade. We’re very close to reverting back to the mean, and it really feels like we’re at a tipping point.

Lose against Newcastle, and I’m sorry, but he needs to go. We need to arrest the slide.

None of us want this to end now, and it feels so precarious.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

For me we have 3 options. 

1. Sack Rodgers. Difficulty with this being the cost of sacking him and the lack of available options to replace him. 

2. Back Rodgers and give him money in Jan to get a centre back and maybe a centre mid/winger. Also back him by actively clearing some of the shit out of our squad. Do we potentially sell Tielemans if we can get a decent bid as we know he's leaving anyway and use the money to get a few new signings. Obviously risky as January is notoriously difficult to get any decent signings without being ripped off. 

3. Stick with Rodgers until the end of the season and either hope he turns it round and he can rebuild in the summer or get shut in the summer when there may be more options to replace him.

We are at a huge point where all the hard work getting us to the levels we've seen recently could either be thrown away or built back up. Some very big decisions for Top, Rudkin and Whelan. 

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

For me we have 3 options. 

1. Sack Rodgers. Difficulty with this being the cost of sacking him and the lack of available options to replace him. 

2. Back Rodgers and give him money in Jan to get a centre back and maybe a centre mid/winger. Also back him by actively clearing some of the shit out of our squad. Do we potentially sell Tielemans if we can get a decent bid as we know he's leaving anyway and use the money to get a few new signings. Obviously risky as January is notoriously difficult to get any decent signings without being ripped off. 

3. Stick with Rodgers until the end of the season and either hope he turns it round and he can rebuild in the summer or get shut in the summer when there may be more options to replace him.

We are at a huge point where all the hard work getting us to the levels we've seen recently could either be thrown away or built back up. Some very big decisions for Top, Rudkin and Whelan. 

Front of the queue are players who've been bought under his management. He's got rid of Praet and Gray already so...

Edited by trabuch

4 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Front of the queue are players who've been bought under his management. He's got rid of Praet and Gray already so...

He didn't get rid of Gray, he offered him a new contract and he refused and in his time here under 3 different managers, he never looked like he was ever going to be good enough to be a regular starter. People jump on the Gray band wagon when he scores a goal, same with Wood and Kramaric but we are no worse off as a club for any of them players leaving. Praet is a strange one as Brendan clearly saw Ndidi, Tielemans, Soumare and KDH as his options and left no place in the squad for Praet. Praet is a decent player but he's not as good as Tielemans but is probably too good to be on the bench every week. If we had Maddison, Tielemans and Ndidi at the top of their game (which we haven't seen too often this season) then Praet doesn't start for us. He clearly is a player that could start for many teams across Europe but not necessarily for us and he may not have been happy being a back up player. I have my issues with Rodgers but Praet and Gray are not top of my list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Just me that found the conference league comment really offensive? No Leicester manager should be poo pooing any European competition…. Perhaps there in lies the problem, he doesn’t want to be in it (probably didn’t want to be in the Europa!) as he believes only champions league is good enough for him! 

I fear his arrogance is rubbing off on the players, we’ve lost our edge because they all believe their new egos 

Just like this forum..!!

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Back him. We should give him a chance to turn it around. Booing him will only compound the problem. Let’s see where we are in Feb.

Yes let’s let him spend money then sack him and prevent the new manager from making signings, if you back him you give him the season.

I’m now in the sack him camp, I can’t see anything changing with him in charge

10 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

He didn't get rid of Gray, he offered him a new contract and he refused and in his time here under 3 different managers, he never looked like he was ever going to be good enough to be a regular starter. People jump on the Gray band wagon when he scores a goal, same with Wood and Kramaric but we are no worse off as a club for any of them players leaving. Praet is a strange one as Brendan clearly saw Ndidi, Tielemans, Soumare and KDH as his options and left no place in the squad for Praet. Praet is a decent player but he's not as good as Tielemans but is probably too good to be on the bench every week. If we had Maddison, Tielemans and Ndidi at the top of their game (which we haven't seen too often this season) then Praet doesn't start for us. He clearly is a player that could start for many teams across Europe but not necessarily for us and he may not have been happy being a back up player. I have my issues with Rodgers but Praet and Gray are not top of my list. 

Allfair points. I'm just feeling a bit reactionary.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We played league one football at one time, let’s accept this rubbish… forget about improving we should be happy that we got this far and accept being crap 

we are o v e r a c h    i e v    i  n g ....

don't forget BR is the 4th highest paid mgr in the EPL

1 minute ago, erlee said:

we are o v e r a c h    i e v    i  n g ....

don't forget BR is the 4th highest paid mgr in the EPL

Indeed, 100m training ground, big expansion coming a top paid manager… but let’s be happy with crappy footie 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We played league one football at one time, let’s accept this rubbish… forget about improving we should be happy that we got this far and accept being crap 

Not sure if irony or…

39 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

according to him ..no new contract was discussed..who knew what happened

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12219915/demarai-gray-says-he-never-discussed-new-contract-with-leicester-before-bayer-leverkusen-move

2 hours ago, erlee said:

..we ve played a number of system & shapes..:blush: yadda ..i dont even know what the competition is (conf league)

I’m quite taken aback by this TBH. 

Of course he knows what it is. What’s the angle here? I really can’t work it out. Quite an astonishing remark from a football manager.

He’s coming across as quite unhinged, and it’s not a good look for the football club.

Bizarre doesn’t cut it.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I’m quite taken aback by this TBH. 

Of course he knows what it is. What’s the angle here? I really can’t work it out. Quite an astonishing remark from a football manager.

He’s coming across as quite unhinged, and it’s not a good look for the football club.

Bizarre doesn’t cut it.

hes obviously very annoyed with the players and the whole situation. Is how I take it

What an astounding comment for a manager to make. I'm can't fathom what his thinking is. Is it 'well I'm a winner, so I didn't consider what might happen if we fvcked it up'? It's an extraordinarily arrogant remark and smacks of a man under serious pressure. At least those who think he doesn't care are probably wide of the mark. It's a bad look for the club though.

Unfortunately, his goose looks cooked to me. I switched to the out brigade after the Chelsea match. There were some who thought that was a harsh game to judge him on, but Chelsea have been shown to be a bit fragile since and we didn't lay a glove on them. Nothing I've seen since convinces me we are going anywhere but backwards. If Rodgers stays and has a large influence on who we bring in over the next couple of transfer windows, the damage could be limitless. It's not ideal and it'll cost a fortune, but I've no confidence in Rodgers turning this around.

I'm generally not an hysterical 'manager out' type, I defended Puel longer than I should have, but we look at a dead end.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

I’d have more sympathy for Rodgers if he fully utilised the full squad available to him. How useful would it have been to have had Praet  available tonight and in recent weeks while Youri has been out? He’s been treated appallingly. So has Kelechi - last seasons top scorer can’t get a game? Choudhury’s defensive prowess blunted while BR tries to turn him into a box to box player. Perez has played in his best position in about five games. Soumare is being asked to play a role which he wasn’t playing when we signed him. Ward deserves a chance to show he can do better than Kasper. Soyuncu has repeatedly been selected ahead of Amartey even though he’s having a highly public nightmare and Amartey is far less error prone. As a consequence he relies on the same squad within a squad even when they’re playing terribly and/or recovering from injury and/or trying to reach the level needed for the Premier League.  

Brendan seems incapable of accepting the limitations of the players he has at his disposal and devising a system which covers up their deficiencies and allows them to play to their strengths. He has his system which he rigidly adheres to and the players have to fit into it. The results seem to him just of passing interest. His main priority seems to be to show he can replace Pep Guardiola or some other elite manager by demonstrating his tactical skill each week. 

It could be all that.

Or, maybe he just doesn't know what he's doing. I'm starting to believe it's the latter. It's not like Rodgers is searching for a solution, he's making bizarre, panic ridden changes at times. Some players go from undroppable to hardly featuring, some go the other way. The only thing that's consistent, is that his teams have conceded roughly 2 goals per match all season and he seemingly has no idea how to arrest the slide.

He's the only manager I can remember (of any team), who seems to have made every player worse than they were. That's some achievement.

(Ok, a bit of an exaggeration, but it's not that far off the mark).