Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I’m quite taken aback by this TBH. 

Of course he knows what it is. What’s the angle here? I really can’t work it out. Quite an astonishing remark from a football manager.

He’s coming across as quite unhinged, and it’s not a good look for the football club.

Bizarre doesn’t cut it.

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

"I've got to be honest, I don't even know what the competition is.”

Absolute clown.

If he’s still here after we lose to Newcastle I’ll be spitting rocks.

Why would he care to no what the competition is? We were in the Europa league, why does he need to know about this new conference league? If he turned around and said yes I've been researching a lot about it and know exactly what it is you'd all be like "so he had a lot of confidence in us to stay in the europa league didn't he!?" 

If ever one interview should convince a club to get rid it's this one. Just a total clown. How can a football manager say he doesn't know what the competition is? And we are supposed to trust this guy? He then says we are naive because all the young players we have. Erm......

Kasper, Evans, Vardy and Bertrand over 30

Only rookie in the team scored and played better than most. He's becoming tiresome to the point I really can't stand him anymore. He stands on the touchline clapping literally everything, I think he was clapping the rain and the Napoli goals last night. And his interviews are like hes been let out of a ****ing mental home for.the day. Get rid and start again, write this season off and start getting rid of utter shite like Bertrand.

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Why would he care to no what the competition is? We were in the Europa league, why does he need to know about this new conference league? If he turned around and said yes I've been researching a lot about it and know exactly what it is you'd all be like "so he had a lot of confidence in us to stay in the europa league didn't he!?" 

He would have known all possible outcomes of last night surely with how close the group was. I could understand if there was a crazy ten goal swing and we were dumped out be we weren't exactly odds on to qualify, so it's a stupid comment. TBH the comments about our players being young being the reason for shot defending is the stupidest thing he said. He's lost the plot.

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

He would have known all possible outcomes of last night surely with how close the group was. I could understand if there was a crazy ten goal swing and we were dumped out be we weren't exactly odds on to qualify, so it's a stupid comment. TBH the comments about our players being young being the reason for shot defending is the stupidest thing he said. He's lost the plot.

Even if the group was tight, if he was researching the conference league everyone would say he's got a defeatist attitude, much like when he said we've been overachieving. 

With regards to the players being young comment, I imagine that was aimed at Thomas and Barnes and he wasn't just talking about this game. Barnes for this game as defensively he's awful. But yes I can see where you're coming from with this comment. Can't hide behind that comment. 

The squad is more than good enough to stay up. Just pay the idiot off now, even if we have to sacrifice someone like Amartey in Jan to balance the books a bit. 

Get a new manager in with some fresh ideas and the chance for some more European football next year who knows the competition exists at least.

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

What an astounding comment for a manager to make. I'm can't fathom what his thinking is. Is it 'well I'm a winner, so I didn't consider what might happen if we fvcked it up'? It's an extraordinarily arrogant remark and smacks of a man under serious pressure. At least those who think he doesn't care are probably wide of the mark. It's a bad look for the club though.

Unfortunately, his goose looks cooked to me. I switched to the out brigade after the Chelsea match. There were some who thought that was a harsh game to judge him on, but Chelsea have been shown to be a bit fragile since and we didn't lay a glove on them. Nothing I've seen since convinces me we are going anywhere but backwards. If Rodgers stays and has a large influence on who we bring in over the next couple of transfer windows, the damage could be limitless. It's not ideal and it'll cost a fortune, but I've no confidence in Rodgers turning this around.

I'm generally not an hysterical 'manager out' type, I defended Puel longer than I should have, but we look at a dead end.

It’s also completely incongruous given his “overachieving” comment. He thinks we’re over-achieving by qualifying for the Europa league but has no idea of the next level down.

People show their true colours when they’re under pressure. The mask has well and truly slipped.

9 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Even if the group was tight, if he was researching the conference league everyone would say he's got a defeatist attitude, much like when he said we've been overachieving. 

With regards to the players being young comment, I imagine that was aimed at Thomas and Barnes and he wasn't just talking about this game. Barnes for this game as defensively he's awful. But yes I can see where you're coming from with this comment. Can't hide behind that comment. 

Come off it it's European competition that we were always likely to drop into given how shite we've been in the group and in general. Legia and spartak are championship level at best and Napoli had about 8 first teamers out and one go off injured. He didn't need to say he researched the competition either just say now we are in that we will prepare to try and win it. What he said was amateurish and shows me he's a bit of a ****.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Yes, an isolated one. Not one to excuse 9 months of shocking football and two straight seasons of being in the top four until the final week of the season, no. Does falling off a cliff and dropping out of the top 4 in exactly the same manner two seasons in a row and playing disgusting football for 9 months count as a failure? Yes. 

Get real. We won the FA Cup, fantastic as it was, it will do absolutely nothing to sustain the club as an entity, no matter how long it will stay in the memory. 

My point was that to say his tenure is an "utter failure" is incorrect as we won the cup and finished 5th twice. You essentially agree with me because there is no disputing the fact we won a trophy, even if you try to diminish that as much as possible. Therefore to describe him as a total failure is literally inaccurate. You've decided to take the argument on about by assuming I've said he's been a massive success, which I haven't 

40 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Schmeichel, Soyuncu, Evans, Castagne, Bertrand, Ndidi, Tielemans, Vardy.... 

Lot of young players. 🤔 Scraping the barrel of excuses. 

Screenshot_20211210_061154.jpg

His chums in the media won’t be fact-checking that though. 

“We have played a number of systems (ie I have done my job in mixing things up) but individually (ie not my fault) it comes down to having that mentality to track a runner or stop a cross”.

42 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Schmeichel, Soyuncu, Evans, Castagne, Bertrand, Ndidi, Tielemans, Vardy.... 

Lot of young players. 🤔 Scraping the barrel of excuses. 

Screenshot_20211210_061154.jpg

I am sorry but if you are not willing to track a runner or stop a cross then you should not be a professional footballer. That is basic stuff that you learn from an early age when playing football. 

He really is scraping the barrel for excuses

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

"I've got to be honest, I don't even know what the competition is.”

Absolute clown.

If he’s still here after we lose to Newcastle I’ll be spitting rocks.

Not trying to defend the comment but perhaps he meant who the competition are? As in which clubs will be competing. 

9 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

My point was that to say his tenure is an "utter failure" is incorrect as we won the cup and finished 5th twice. You essentially agree with me because there is no disputing the fact we won a trophy, even if you try to diminish that as much as possible. Therefore to describe him as a total failure is literally inaccurate. You've decided to take the argument on about by assuming I've said he's been a massive success, which I haven't 

The FA cup is the only success.

We failed to reach the top 4 twice after being in it all season. That's bottling and failing simple as. We lost to bottom 3 villa in a league cup semi and lost to a championship team in the Europa League last year and out in the group this year. We also admit it, only beat man utd in the run up to the Fa Cup final, the rest was fairly simple. The final itself was largely us hanging in and scoring a wonder goal. I'm determined that looking at it as a whole, it has been a failure, we were in positions to succeed and failed multiple times.

• Haha 1

Most of us fans are trying to find reason for the (possible) demise of Rodgers tenure, some become like conspiracy theories and perhaps we start to go into "Flat-Earth" territory.  From the outside we see players are not going that extra mile, blocking runs and closing down!  Is it just down to confidence, and if so,then Rodgers can't seem to bring this back to the team, they look like they s**t themselves every time there is a cross, corner, or just a runner from deep.  IMO I still think the club will give him a few more matches to turn it around, maybe 4 or 5.  Although I would be a little peeved if I was the board, he persuaded the club not to sell anyone and then add to it, on the understanding we will kick on from last season. 

Looking at his recent post match interviews and demeanor, he seems to know he's in trouble, and perhaps knows he can't find the answers that were so easy for him 1-2 years ago.   This is sad to see as we had a very good manager for a while, and the future was looking bright, it still is BTW, but at this moment it doesn't feel like it.  I don't see anyone special out there to replace Rodgers, and I don't think Potter is the answer, although I have been wrong plenty of times in the past.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 2

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

The FA cup is the only success.

We failed to reach the top 4 twice after being in it all season. That's bottling and failing simple as. We lost to bottom 3 villa in a league cup semi and lost to a championship team in the Europa League last year and out in the group this year. We also admit it, only beat man utd in the run up to the Fa Cup final, the rest was fairly simple. The final itself was largely us hanging in and scoring a wonder goal. I'm determined that looking at it as a whole, it has been a failure, we were in positions to succeed and failed multiple times.

Again, not a total failure then. Really not that hard to understand. Makes **** all difference if we won the final with a wonder goal because we won the final with a wonder goal.

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Again, not a total failure then. Really not that hard to understand. Makes **** all difference if we won the final with a wonder goal because we won the final with a wonder goal.

Ok mate, just keep ignoring the past year and what's happening now and keep clinging on to the fact we won the cup. It's hard to understand the fact you don't understand that one cup run does not excuse what's happening at all. 

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Ok mate, just keep ignoring the past year and what's happening now and keep clinging on to the fact we won the cup. It's hard to understand the fact you don't understand that one cup run does not excuse what's happening at all. 

I understand that because it's obvious. My point is that it's not a total failure. Also, where did I say it excuses what's happening now? Can you point that out to me?

He’s got to a stage where some of his interviews annoy me. Like yesterday. 

We’ve got a lot of young, naive players.

**** off Brendan our teams organisation has been a laughing stock for quarter of a season.

Alongside the “overachievement” comment that has to be one of the dumbest things he said while being here. 

Almost on par with Peter Taylor’s “I left Leicester in good shape”.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

We have been poor for a long time, and for a large part of last season too, which was a freak one with covid which may have contributed to the relative success we had. 

In my view Brendan isn't good enough and I can't see us developing under him, possibly going further backwards.I  remember his streaky Swansea team, his Liverpool days, and also Celtic fans warnings on this forum when he came.

It's time for a change. No one knows how these contracts are paid up, but even if it is as bad as paying the total amount left, its not a particularly great sum as far as what is wasted in football goes. 

• Like 1