Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Even if the group was tight, if he was researching the conference league everyone would say he's got a defeatist attitude, much like when he said we've been overachieving. 

With regards to the players being young comment, I imagine that was aimed at Thomas and Barnes and he wasn't just talking about this game. Barnes for this game as defensively he's awful. But yes I can see where you're coming from with this comment. Can't hide behind that comment. 

2 minutes on Wikipedia is hardly researching…

Honestly think he’s got the rest of this year to save his job. If we had a fully fit squad we wouldn’t be in this mess but you’ve got to win games either way. Why is he not trying Yanik, Benkovic and Amarty they can’t be any worse than what we have, if he’s not seen to be trying to sort the issue he’ll definitely be out.

17 minutes ago, shailen said:

If we do sack him, it'll be one hell of a payout as he's got a contract till 2025 and is on roughly £10m a year which could equate to about £40m. That's crazy money to pay out! 

We would negotiate that, prob around 20m as his stock his high enough that a decent team would take him pretty quickly 

1 minute ago, jonny_wright said:

Players seem to have downed tools, not running or working hard enough for him, his lack of doing the basics is concerning and he genuinely doesn’t know his best team… with the fixtures coming up I think he goes fa cup third round week

Thing is, if this is the case I don't think we would respond as well as we occasionally do when we score after conceding. The heads don't drop - when that happens, that's probably when 'players down tools and not work hard for him'. 

It's a mixture of lack of tactical organisation and severe lapses in concentration by all players. Not a great combination to have on the pitch. It's even more frustrating that the same lapses in concentration keep happening every single match. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, shailen said:

If we do sack him, it'll be one hell of a payout as he's got a contract till 2025 and is on roughly £10m a year which could equate to about £40m. That's crazy money to pay out! 

Surely we would have inserted clauses based on performances, we wouldn’t be so naive you would have thought.

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

As we witnessed last night sadly 

Screenshot_20211210_061218.jpg

****ing awful. One of my worries with him on charge in Europe was we would get dicked 7-0 by PSG and Bayern. He managed to do worse - he lost to rubbish teams who have the budget of Accrington Stanley. 

24 minutes ago, shailen said:

I'm not sure compensation works quite like that. It will be a large figure but not the total cost of his future earnings. The majority of these contracts also take into account the length of time a manager is without a job until their next appointment.

28 minutes ago, shailen said:

Not just him ,its his entire backroom team , so make that about £50 million. You can be sure their lawyers have got that written in stone.

Edited by An Sionnach

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thing is, if this is the case I don't think we would respond as well as we occasionally do when we score after conceding. The heads don't drop - when that happens, that's probably when 'players down tools and not work hard for him'. 

It's a mixture of lack of tactical organisation and severe lapses in concentration by all players. Not a great combination to have on the pitch. It's even more frustrating that the same lapses in concentration keep happening every single match. 

Yeah I think it’s this as well. First two goals last night were mistakes by two out of form players in Cags and Bertrand. We’re defending very staticly, we don’t follow runs and we don’t mark players, if a cross comes in most players a ball watching, which is why they scored last night. Firstly with Barnes not watching the run and then Timmy at the back post only watching the ball.

It’s our style of play that’s the issue we don’t have any aggression or intensity in our play if we do that from striker to defender we wouldn’t be so open.

I have no doubts we have the attacking proficiency to score goals, but to win games you need that aggression and intensity in play, and that comes from the manager.

• Like 2

I dreamt of winning the FA Cup , Rodgers delivered it.Unfortunately since then it has been a catalogue of woe

Being hammered at home in the last game of the season taking away a fortune and a Champions League place

was the start

Awful performances in the Europa League culminating to being beat by Napoli reserves .Seeing Bertrand yet again

turn in possibly the worst performance I have ever seen last night at left back

Hearing yet again Rodgers talk about his young side that includes Schmeichel, Evans , Bertrand , and Vardy is laughable.

He appears to have lost the players , he certainly has lost many fans.

I am not calling for him to go , I trust Top to make the right call

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He's the best manager we have right now and this season can still be saved so let's really back the team and manager on Sunday otherwise we'll become a self fulfilling prophecy.

We're not far off from becoming a good team again.

Where are all our other managers hiding?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

The FA cup is the only success.

We failed to reach the top 4 twice after being in it all season. That's bottling and failing simple as. We lost to bottom 3 villa in a league cup semi and lost to a championship team in the Europa League last year and out in the group this year. We also admit it, only beat man utd in the run up to the Fa Cup final, the rest was fairly simple. The final itself was largely us hanging in and scoring a wonder goal. I'm determined that looking at it as a whole, it has been a failure, we were in positions to succeed and failed multiple times.

Achieving the clubs targets set by the owners/board of qualifying for Europe and challenging for silverware in his first two seasons is generally considered a success. 

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Players havent downed tools, I hate that phrase. They are just playing confused, unsure of positions, lacking in confidence and maybe they thought they were better than they are because they achieved something last season. Football can bring you down a peg or two instantly and it's hard to get back. Mindset needs to be better. 

This is spot on.

And it is why Brendan’s position is fast becoming impossible to defend. His job as a head coach and manager is to get the players out of this rut. But this is the third awful run we have been under his stewardship, the owners have actually been pretty lenient with him, as we’ve really stacked three amazing opportunities to gain CL football. It is now that I think Brendan’s time is up, and the players performances reflect this, they look down beaten, confused and unmotivated. That is a warning sign to any manager that his time is up. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Players havent downed tools, I hate that phrase. They are just playing confused, unsure of positions, lacking in confidence and maybe they thought they were better than they are because they achieved something last season. Football can bring you down a peg or two instantly and it's hard to get back. Mindset needs to be better. 

Exactly, if the players had 'downed tools' they wouldn't have gotten it back to 2-2 yesterday. 

• Like 1

An obvious statement to make but there is something serious broken behind the scenes. We have the most talented team in the history of the club but a manager that can't seem to get them playing in a winning way. We show glimpses now and then but that very quickly fades away and we start to look like a deer in headlights and panic 

We can't fully put the blame on Rodgers but he has to be held account for the most part. He is the one coaching the team and putting out the team sheet for every game that has glaringly obvious issues. It always baffles me how thousands of fans can see the obvious but manager doesn't.

• Like 2