Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Oh wait, hang on guys.

I didn't realise he built the new training ground, and the stadium, and also has been leading the support from the stands.

Of course he should stay, that's a great effort and no wonder he's not had much time for coaching.

Thanks Ray Parlour for pointing all that out.

Screenshot_20211210-124722~2.png

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Oh wait, hang on guys.

I didn't realise he built the new training ground, and the stadium, and also has been leading the support from the stands.

Of course he should stay, that's a great effort and no wonder he's not had much time for coaching.

The Media are completely clueless about us.

Last night the commentators said that we were not ourselves and were 'Surprisingly passive'......

That has been exactly our style of play for 12 months now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

This is the worst i think i have ever seen Leicester defend, we have been terrible at times over the past 25 years but i dont think ive even seen the back 4 be terrified like this, not consistently anyway! especially from set pieces – it seems at times they close their eyes and hope! 

Step 1: Toure needs to go, get in someone proficient 

Step 2: Sign a defender that is aggressive and dominates the box (like Tarkowski)

if that doesn't work,

Step 3: Sack Rodgers

Edited by jonny_wright

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Oh wait, hang on guys.

I didn't realise he build the new training ground, and the stadium, and also has been leading the support from the stands.

Of course he should stay, that's a great effort.

Same vibes as Ranieri should be allowed to get Leicester relegated as he won us the title

26 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

They don’t believe in the system they’re being told to play - That makes it look like individual errors as they simply aren’t doing what’s natural.

Cags being the clearest example - he’s looking around trying to be in his correct zone, instead of just doing what’s natural and attacking the ball. 

Watch kid’s football - it’s so plain to see at that level when players are too worried about the system and whether they’re pleasing the manager. 

So the best thing we need to do is have no defensive formation or system? That doesn’t make any sense and it’s what got ole sacked. You absolutely have to have a system a top level football. 

21 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I think he'll be gone soon. There comes a point where the cost of paying him off is offset by what you stand to lose by keeping him, whether that be lost revenue from prize money for league position, reduction in live TV payments, loss of revenue from European qualification, reduction in player values, etc, etc. 

I've tried to remain as balanced as possible throughout, but the last couple of games have made me realise that our defensive organisation has to be down to the manager.

For as bad as certain players have been (and some have been shocking) I'm not convinced that said players would consistently concede a minimum of 2 goals a game if you individually put them in the starting eleven of the bottom 3/4 sides in the league. Even the worst culprits such as Bertrand and Vestergaard whilst not exceptional are established PL players who have managed to hold their own in recent seasons. Therefore this for me is on the manager and it's either something he's asking them to do (which presumably they aren't capable of or comfortable with) or something they simply aren't grasping. 

Right now I think we need to get back to basics and build some defensive stability and then take it from there. I'd be inclined to ditch the marauding FBs and revert to an experienced back line that are first and foremost defenders. If that means a back four of Bertrand, Vestergaard, Evans, and Amartey (we're short of an outright defensive FB) that's what I'd go with as we need to stop conceding 2 goals a game. What this team needs more than anything right now are defenders who can play as a unit, something we've been lacking for a very long time. 

What kind of crack are you on and can I please get some?

• Haha 1

Rodgers has gone from amazing hero manager to Pantomime villain, has the talks from the so called bigger clubs he’s been linked with turned his head or has he just lost the plot part of or all of the dressing room ?

As for Defensive training what are they doing on the training ground as our defence is a joke we’ve conceded one of the highest goals against this season, yes we have injuries but what we have is more than capable of doing the job but lose on Sunday then his position must be under scrutiny from the owners before pulling the trigger let’s see what happens in January if Top gives him funds to bring in some players that are better than what we have especially in defence one place we definitely need to start at build from the back get our defence solid,  is it time also to rest Kasper give ward a go in the starting 11 as Kasper has made quite a few saveable mistakes lately the way Brendan keeps him playing makes Kasper think he’s undroppable ?

Just what’s going on at Leicester we as fans Can see the problems so why is Brendan and co carrying on making the same mistakes week in week out time for a change not yet time for Brendan to sort his SH 1t out and get us back playing decent football ?!

Edited by justfoxes

I've managed to flip my viewpoint overnight from his times up to giving him the rest of this season.

I'd back him in January for 1-2 quality players, and see where we are at the end of the season. He either turns it around or we decide it's time to part ways. I worry a sacking now, a wimper of an end to the season and then Youri + 1 other leaving means we look like a sinking ship.

Time for solidarity....but he needs to improve his own performance by quite a margin!

• Like 3

Just now, LVocey said:

I've managed to flip my viewpoint overnight from his times up to giving him the rest of this season.

I'd back him in January for 1-2 quality players, and see where we are at the end of the season. He either turns it around or we decide it's time to part ways. I worry a sacking now, a wimper of an end to the season and then Youri + 1 other leaving means we look like a sinking ship.

Time for solidarity....but he needs to improve his own performance by quite a margin!

I am somewhat ok with that as long as we are not involved in a relegation battle at any stage this season. I worry that we might be dragged into one though. 

• Like 1

We sacked Ranieri after winning the PL and if we do the same to Rodgers after the cup win , it will go down like a lead balloon with the media. This is the best gig that Rodgers will ever get and he knows it. He will never resign and sacking him will be very expensive. The owners will be unsatisfied with the situation but unless we drop dramatically down the table they will stick with the status quo. That doesn't stop Top asking Rodgers to explain himself and I would think that is happening right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grth2004 said:

Brendan won us the FA cup and has had us playing great football until recently so give him a break , he’s got half the squad out with injuries or illness so we need to get behind him and the team as we won’t find a better manager right now. 

You know we’ve been shit since the new year right? 

you know last seasons  we were also shit from

the new year until the end of the season..

yes we won the cup, but in doesn’t excuse  how shit we have been defensively for sometime now, the capitulations like Bournemouth away, the injuries we keep getting, lack of urgency on getting the all forward. 

Something isn’t right 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We sacked Ranieri after winning the PL and if we do the same to Rodgers after the cup win , it will go down like a lead balloon with the media. This is the best gig that Rodgers will ever get and he knows it. He will never resign and sacking him will be very expensive. The owners will be unsatisfied with the situation but unless we drop dramatically down the table they will stick with the status quo. That doesn't stop Top asking Rodgers to explain himself and I would think that is happening right now.

I don’t think this will be the best job he ever gets weirdly. He’s one of those figures in football that seems to always have money in the bank in terms of interest. His face fits for a lot of clubs. 

57 minutes ago, LVocey said:

I personally think leaving him til the end of the season relegates us. The defence is truly abysmal and gets worse not better each game. The belief that 2 half fit returning young defenders will resolve this is clutching at straws.  Unless you are a truly world class level manager you are never going to stay in a job longer than 4/5 years. There's a shelf life. Rodgers has had 3 years and reached his. Be it now or end of the season he's not got long left and giving him a transfer budget to spend on defenders having flushed 15m+ down the toilet on vestergard and Bertrand is a daft idea especially when the defensive problem is system not personnel.

Edited by Gubbins
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

You know we’ve been shit since the new year right? 

you know last seasons  we were also shit from

the new year until the end of the season..

yes we won the cup, but in doesn’t excuse  how shit we have been defensively for sometime now, the capitulations like Bournemouth away, the injuries we keep getting, lack of urgency on getting the all forward. 

Something isn’t right 

That says something is wrong with our defensive trading, coaching and tactics. Maybe Rogers knows this but he can’t sack his own coaching staff so shields them and blames the players. Very disjointed we are not a collective unit.

15 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Believe me conductors do not teach musicians to play. They can knock a piece off without him or her. Every professional performer whether that be musicians or footballers should take personal pride in their occupation. Currently some of our players are not doing that.

An orchestra is nothing without a conductor. Currently our talented players cannot or will not produce a tune

• Like 1

Just now, fox_up_north said:

I don't see him going. Too much money involved and, let's face it, as long as we're not in a relegation battle the owners will be happy.

But he NEEDS to sort it out. To show improvement. Coaching needs to change, attitude needs to change, etc etc. 

I think the owners will have higher expectations than not being in a relegation battle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

I don't see him going. Too much money involved and, let's face it, as long as we're not in a relegation battle the owners will be happy.

But he NEEDS to sort it out. To show improvement. Coaching needs to change, attitude needs to change, etc etc. 

I don't think the owners are happy if we're flopping around in lower mid-table and doing it in ugly fashion.

I mean...Puel ball lasted how long? Brendan has enough in the bank he can survive a dodgy season I reckon. 

Not saying I agree with it but EPL money dwarfs Conference or Europa money. If we crash out in March but finish 12th, that's still more than we'd get going to a final vs Olympiakos or something.