Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Scoring 4+ in PL games 

Rodgers 13 times (In less the 3 seasons) 

All other LCFC PL managers combined 13 (in 12 and a bit seasons)

I have said repeatedly I don't think you can level the negativity line at him and found a bit odd that was a criticism on Thursday night. We score for fun - fifth highest scorers in the league. Was a sensible criticism when we were playing the suffocating 5 at the back but it appears to be settled that this formation at least gets the best out of us going forward. 

• Like 2

I'm not a Rodgers out or Rodgers in fan, I would rather sit on the fence and get splinters! I just can't see an obvious replacement for him, yes his ego a bit too much sometimes and he is too cringy for my liking with his management speak.  He has the best win ratio of our prem managers, but I still don't warm to him like other previous managers, I don't care as much as I should do about keeping him.  I think the problem is that we know Rodgers and his ego are way too big for little ole leicester, this is the reason why fans just don't warm to him as they should. A manager who's won the FA cup and has two top 5 finishes and still a lot of fans on this forum want his head......he should already be legendary status with his record!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I'm not a Rodgers out or Rodgers in fan, I would rather sit on the fence and get splinters! I just can't see an obvious replacement for him, yes his ego a bit too much sometimes and he is too cringy for my liking with his management speak.  He has the best win ratio of our prem managers, but I still don't warm to him like other previous managers, I don't care as much as I should do about keeping him.  I think the problem is that we know Rodgers and his ego are way too big for little ole leicester, this is the reason why fans just don't warm to him as they should. A manager who's won the FA cup and has two top 5 finishes and still a lot of fans on this forum want his head......he should already be legendary status with his record!

I don't know I quite like him he is just frustrating and makes some strange calls quite a lot but then the flip side is he is a really good manager probably one of the best we've had .. the one downside is he probably would leave given a bigger job offer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m frustrated about some of his decisions and comments but I think the ego thing gets overstated on here 

Totally agree. I think sometimes people read all sorts into the most mundane comments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Did make me laugh when he said his interview after todays game he came into the job with the aim of playing attacking football :unsure: :crylaugh: 

We’ve scored 4 goals at home in 3 recent home games. I think your expectation levels are seriously faulty. I really don’t know what will make you happy supporting Leicester City

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Scoring 4+ in PL games 

Rodgers 13 times (In less the 3 seasons) 

All other LCFC PL managers combined 13 (in 12 and a bit seasons)

Wow, I knew the stat must be pretty good but that just shows how good he can get us going forward. I still have grave concerns about his long term future but cannot deny he's a defensive manager... we cannot defend 😂

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Wow, I knew the stat must be pretty good but that just shows how good he can get us going forward. I still have grave concerns about his long term future but cannot deny he's a defensive manager... we cannot defend 😂

What would be your first choice back 4, every one fit?

Edited by coolhandfox

Just now, coolhandfox said:

What would be your first choice back 4?

When everyone's fit?

Hmmmm Evans Fofana for sure

But at full back I can't tell if I'd rather Thomas and Justin or Justin and Ricardo. Castagne hasn't impressed me this season at all. If Ricardo keeps fit for more than a few weeks then I think Justin would probably take Thomas's spot but he's been very very good since we went back to a back 4 and Barnes back in in front of him.

Dumping a winger and playing four central midfielders helped . We cannot afford too many forwards who don't defend. Barnes and Daka or Vardy are the most we can go with. We don't need to win 4-0 , but we need to get those 1-0 wins over the line, just like Spurs.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

When everyone's fit?

Hmmmm Evans Fofana for sure

But at full back I can't tell if I'd rather Thomas and Justin or Justin and Ricardo. Castagne hasn't impressed me this season at all. If Ricardo keeps fit for more than a few weeks then I think Justin would probably take Thomas's spot but he's been very very good since we went back to a back 4 and Barnes back in in front of him.

For me it would be Justin, Fofana, Evans and Riccardo, we have managed to get only Evans on the pitch. Who more that likely hasn't been fit.

We have been crap at the back, but I think must side would struggle with that. 

Take TAA, Robertson and VD out of Liverpool team they would struggle. 

I think Timmy injury at the Euros has cause him a lot of issues mental, seems a little on edge. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

For me it would be Justin, Fofana, Evans and Riccardo, we have managed to get only Evans on the pitch. Who more that likely hasn't been fit.

We have been crap at the back, but I think must side would struggle with that. 

Take TAA, Robertson and VD out of Liverpool team they would struggle. 

I think Timmy injury at the Euros has cause him a lot of issues mental, seems a little on edge. 

Don't forget, a lot of our defensive issues are set piece based though and I don't think Justin or Ricardo make much difference there and Fofana is superb in the air but its the system rather than the players currently. It has to change.

I can accept us not being quite as strong defensively missing at least 2 starters but what we've shown this season is absolute filth, no excuses. Don't forget we missed Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Justin and Castagne for big chunks at a time last season and defended much much better until the end of the season.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't forget, a lot of our defensive issues are set piece based though and I don't think Justin or Ricardo make much difference there and Fofana is superb in the air but its the system rather than the players currently. It has to change.

He's already change the system we definitely defended set pieces differently today.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can accept us not being quite as strong defensively missing at least 2 starters but what we've shown this season is absolute filth, no excuses. Don't forget we missed Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Justin and Castagne for big chunks at a time last season and defended much much better until the end of the season.

True but when we missed them before we had players fit and on form to replace them. Soyuncu came back from the Euros a different player and so did Castagne after he broken fractured eye socket. Top that of with Evans looking in pain every bloody game.

I think it been a lesson for Rodgers that he has to adapt to the personal available, and has to improve that side of our game for the rest of the season. 

Defending as a whole hasn't been great across the league, only 5 teams have a + goal difference 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

He's already change the system we definitely defended set pieces differently today.

True but when we missed them before we had players fit and on form to replace them. Soyuncu came back from the Euros a different player and so did Castagne after he broken fractured eye socket. Top that of with Evans looking in pain every bloody game.

I think it been a lesson for Rodgers that he has to adapt to the personal available, and has to improve that side of our game for the rest of the season. 

Defending as a whole hasn't been great across the league, only 5 teams have a + goal difference 

I was still somewhat unimpressed with the way we defended set pieces again today. Still seemed like zonal marking but there way possibly 1 or 2 now that attacked the ball rather than stand furling with their arseholes. Hopefully it's the start and we fine tune it, got a huge month ahead against some teams that will put us under massive pressure.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I was still somewhat unimpressed with the way we defended set pieces again today. Still seemed like zonal marking but there way possibly 1 or 2 now that attacked the ball rather than stand furling with their arseholes. Hopefully it's the start and we fine tune it, got a huge month ahead against some teams that will put us under massive pressure.

Clean sheet will do a lot for their confidence, you can make strange decisions when under under pressure which leads to mistakes. 

I thought we did fine, Newcastle are a big side, and we held up well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Rodgers of course has been overrated on here , he is a good manager and his record tells you that but I think the disappointment is finding out he is not the genius some thought he was. However better the devil you know I say. We could have a calamity if we change now.

Bring Leicester to two 5th place finishes and an FA cup in his time here is genius to me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Clean sheet will do a lot for their confidence, you can make strange decisions when under under pressure which leads to mistakes. 

I thought we did fine, Newcastle are a big side, and we held up well.

I think if that freak back pass from Castagne had gone in, they'd all have walked off 😂

• Haha 1

We have not been great this season and in truth we have been patchy for most of this year. Some real highs and some messy lows but we are far from bad . We are a pretty loose team which usually means we attack with penetration and create plenty of goal threat but give the opposition a lot of freedom as well. We most certainly are not dull which means our matches are entertaining and not dour dogfights. If we want to threaten the top six on a regular basis however we will have to adopt a much more defensively ruthless game and that is not Rodgers's style. I see no way we can have it both ways but if you want results over entertainment then we need a different man. For me the status quo is the safest option right now but as our team matures and settles down a more hard nosed manager might be needed.