Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I can never forgive Rodgers for those substitutions. He is either a coward or an idiot or both.

The second half was almost unwatchable as his changes completely handed the initiative to Liverpool.

Did he honestly think that makeshift defence would keep them out till the end? I didn’t for one minute. The whole denouement of that game was so f*****g inevitable! The guy is a serial bottler. Tonight was the final proof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Kopfkino
8 minutes ago, Matt said:

The ironic thing is right and this genuinely makes me smirk, you know all this tippy tappy shite I ****ing hate but I do admit there is a time and place to do it?

We didn't do it in the 2nd half of the Palace game, We didn't do in the 2nd half tonight, It's the time to ****ing do it.

We threw both games away.

You really think we had the players to tippy tap it around 2nd half up against a Liverpool side that had 3 men round you as soon as you had it?

I mean **** me, we can all be guilty of not acknowledging the opposition but they made it hard 2nd half and we don’t have the players to deal with that, Tielemans is the one with the class to do it but he always seems to shrink when you need him most. Sure if we were Man City or Chelsea we might have been able to take the sting out of it. 

Not to say it couldn’t have been managed better, albeit I don’t really put any blame on Brendan and do find it amusing that you’ve had to do a full 180 from your standard playbook 

It wasn't taking off KDH that was the issue but Soyuncu's injury. That defence is no way near what we'd play with everyone fit. 

We don't know how the players are handling load issues earlier.

It was highlighted in the Athletic that Soyuncu was a high risk for injury but we had to keep playing him and now he's damaged his hamstring twice.

We've got a very busy fixture period ahead of us, so you can see why he's trying to manage players where we have decent alternatives to bring on. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..Vestergaard would have been a liability if he was in a back four!!!

We had to give him the extra cover due to his lack of pace. He was useful in heading balls coming into our box, but we went down to the bare bones with the rejigged defence.

Makes you wonder why we spunked £16m on a defender who can’t defend. Might as well have saved the cash and played one of the U23s

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm Brendan In but have said for years his downfall is mental weakness. Bottling and crunch-time ineptitude permeates from him through to everyone he manages. Compare to someone like Conte who is has a pure alpha-male, winner mentality despite being a small Italian man in a wig.

So why are you Brendan-in then?

Just now, Kopfkino said:

You really think we had the players to tippy tap it around 2nd half up against a Liverpool side that had 3 men round you as soon as you had it?

I mean **** me, we can all be guilty of not acknowledging the opposition but they made it hard 2nd half and we don’t have the players to deal with that, Tielemans is the one with the class to do it but he always seems to shrink when you need him most. Sure if we were Man City or Chelsea we might have been able to take the sting out of it. 

Not to say it couldn’t have been managed better, albeit I don’t really put any blame on Brendan and do find it amusing that you’ve had to do a full 180 from your standard playbook 

I don't think we've got the players when we're at full strength, neither would I enjoy seeing us do it if we had the players but then it was their C team.

But trying to strangle the game, playing in a 'possession fo possessions sake' style, I can understand when you're defending a game, which is why I constantly call it a negative style when in most games its all we do from the off - what exactly are you defending in most of those situations.

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

The ironic thing is right and this genuinely makes me smirk, you know all this tippy tappy shite I ****ing hate but I do admit there is a time and place to do it?

We didn't do it in the 2nd half of the Palace game, We didn't do in the 2nd half tonight, It's the time to ****ing do it.

We threw both games away.

...we could not play that way with Liverpool playing with an aggressive press!!!

Our quality on the ball is not good enough or have the players with the ability to bring the ball out of defence.

We suffered when Ricardo went off as the ability to break on Liverpool was effectively taken away.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

We had to give him the extra cover due to his lack of pace. He was useful in heading balls coming into our box, but we went down to the bare bones with the rejigged defence.

He's played better in a back four (Man city, Napoli) than he ever has in a back 5 for us - whether it was a back 4 or 5 it was going to be crap but at least we were competitive in midfield and offered more protection with a 4 man midfield.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Why not bring Nelson on as a straight swap for Soyuncu, Vestergaard & Bertrand are awful has been footballers and don’t deserve a shirt… 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

It wasn't taking off KDH that was the issue but Soyuncu's injury. That defence is no way near what we'd play with everyone fit. 

We don't know how the players are handling load issues earlier.

It was highlighted in the Athletic that Soyuncu was a high risk for injury but we had to keep playing him and now he's damaged his hamstring twice.

We've got a very busy fixture period ahead of us, so you can see why he's trying to manage players where we have decent alternatives to bring on. 

I'm sorry but I think many will agree you're wrong. Taking daka off at a time we needed pace on the break for a slow forward was stupid, taking off KDH who was everywhere was monumentally stupid, they were already all over us when we lost cags, that just made it worse, but it was losing our midfield that hurt us 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we could not play that way with Liverpool playing with an aggressive press!!!

Our quality on the ball is not good enough or have the players with the ability to bring the ball out of defence.

We suffered when Ricardo went off as the ability to break on Liverpool was effectively taken away.

Oh, ok.

So we can't break teams down and we can't deal with teams who are aggressive and come at us.

...What can we do?

13 minutes ago, turlo said:

Today was similar to the Spurs collapse on the last day of last season where he was forced into making changes, took off a midfielder who was playing well, gave up the midfield and went defensive. 

I go with that. He allowed them to over run us. You can't put extra defenders on if they are poor. Strengthen the midfield and try to keep them away from your brittle defence.

Saying that his hand was forced someway due to Cags going off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm sorry but I think many will agree you're wrong. Taking daka off at a time we needed pace on the break for a slow forward was stupid, taking off KDH who was everywhere was monumentally stupid, they were already all over us when we lost cags, that just made it worse, but it was losing our midfield that hurt us 

How many chances had they created before Soy's injury? Very few. They were dominating possession but Soy and Ndidi looked solid together. 

Absolute drivel in here again lads. Liverpool at Anfield, Cup night with the ref offering out early Criggy prezzies to the Reds and turning a blind eye to out of control challenges and forcefully upward swung elbows at chin height. Blokes in here listing their entire LCFC supporting life story because we've lost a game again, despite all of the circumstances.

Anyway what's he said about the ref? I've been away from everything since they were all nattering on the pitch after the whole show had finished. Ricky P was stood with no support talking quite meaningfully with the ref

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Oh, ok.

So we can't break teams down and we can't deal with teams who are aggressive and come at us.

...What can we do?

...right at this very moment we haven't got the personnel at the back to do so!!!

KDH coming back to help the defence and his work rate helps us to transition our play, we took him out and we lost a big foothold in the game. If he had stayed on, there would have been more opportunities to score.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

How many chances had they created before Soy's injury? Very few. They were dominating possession but Soy and Ndidi looked solid together. 

I can only go on my instincts during the game, and they told me taking off daka for nacho was ridiculous, but I remember us under fire when he went 5 at the back. I don't mind going 5 at the back but leaving 2 up top and taking off kdh was madness.

He should have taken nacho off again for mendy  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Because what he lacks in in-game management skills he makes up for with excellent coaching and a sense of stability. Everyone has good and bad qualities and Brendans track record here is empirically very good.

Can you give me examples of this excellent coaching or is this the media line been fed to football fans.