Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Regardless of the score line, whenever you go defensive at Liverpool, they’ll score at least 1. 

Think he made a huge mistake taking KDH off.  He’s the only one in midfield that can keep running all day long, and with intensity.  
And surprised Daka came off; he was getting in behind nicely and was a threat. For me, bad subs at a crucial point. You can’t try and sit back for a third of the game against Liverpool. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Sadly I think his time is coming to an end here. I hope it doesn't turn toxic, he's done a good job overall but we look miles off it at the moment.

He could be very lucky regarding this;

Firstly, A win against high flying Newcastle stopped things from getting toxic albeit an awful atmosphere due to the whole ground us expecting to be disappointed. 

Secondly, Behind closed doors returning - he must surely have his fingers crossed for that one, afterall we're just 'negative' and 'cause anxiety'.

9 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Absolute drivel in here again lads. Liverpool at Anfield, Cup night with the ref offering out early Criggy prezzies to the Reds and turning a blind eye to out of control challenges and forcefully upward swung elbows at chin height. Blokes in here listing their entire LCFC supporting life story because we've lost a game again, despite all of the circumstances.

Anyway what's he said about the ref? I've been away from everything since they were all nattering on the pitch after the whole show had finished. Ricky P was stood with no support talking quite meaningfully with the ref

A Liverpool team full of kids and next to no first choice players. Should be pumping teams like that. Instead we were just pumping the ball straight back to them :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

A Liverpool team full of kids and next to no first choice players. Should be pumping teams like that. Instead we were just pumping the ball straight back to them :ph34r:

It's still Liverpool at Anfield. They threw Jota, Milner and Kounate on at the same time which practically fixed most of their problems immediately.

We lost 2 defenders to injury and it was already makeshift at kick-off. I'm not here every match defending bizarre decisions Brendan often makes, but tonight is very, very harsh to criticise. It looked like Daka went off with a knock too.

17 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

We were 3-1 up against the kids.

2nd half Liverpool fielded for the majority:

Kelleher, Williams, Konate, Gomez, Tsimikas, Milner, Oxlade Chamberlain, Henderson (Keita), Jota, Firmino, Minamino

That is a very capable side, probably top 8 in the league. Against a back 3 of Ndidi, Vestergaard and Bertrand. A back 3 I wouldn't be comfortable with at Championship level.

We should have kept Daka and KDH on the pitch, that was an error, but we were always likely to be in trouble defensively with Ricardo and Soyuncu injured.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

It’s harsh to judge BR when we go from one makeshift team to another makeshift team. I was hoping to reserve judgement when we got all our players back, but it doesn’t look like that will ever happen.

Against Liverpool we started with a back four of: Thomas, Soyuncu, Ndidi and Ricardo. That quickly became Thomas, Ndidi, Vestergaard and Albrighton just as Liverpool were changing their own players to ones of higher quality. 

Imagine if we had this side for most of the rest of the season:

Schmeichel

Rucardo, Fofana, Evans, Justin

Soumare, Tielemans, KDH

Maddison, Vardy, Barnes 

With the likes of: Ward, Castagne, Soyuncu, Albrighton, Perez, Lookman, Iheanacho and Daka as back up

Instead we’re likely to have no defence and Ndidi disappearing to AFCON. 

Unfortunately, this season looks a write off due to injuries just as the end of last season was (FA Cup win excepted). I’m not sure midtable is such a bad finish given the circumstances, although I do fear losing players as a consequence. 

It may well be that Brendan is running low on ideas and that a shake up might be required, but with the personnel we have available does anyone think that there is somebody out there who is going to come in and instantly do much better? 

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

It’s harsh to judge BR when we go from one makeshift team to another makeshift team. I was hoping to reserve judgement when we got all our players back, but it doesn’t look like that will ever happen.

Against Liverpool we started with a back four of: Thomas, Soyuncu, Ndidi and Ricardo. That quickly became Thomas, Ndidi, Vestergaard and Albrighton just as Liverpool were changing their own players to ones of higher quality. 

Imagine if we had this side for most of the rest of the season:

Schmeichel

Rucardo, Fofana, Evans, Justin

Soumare, Tielemans, KDH

Maddison, Vardy, Barnes 

With the likes of: Ward, Castagne, Soyuncu, Albrighton, Perez, Lookman, Iheanacho and Daka as back up

Instead we’re likely to have no defence and Ndidi disappearing to AFCON. 

Unfortunately, this season looks a write off due to injuries just as the end of last season was (FA Cup win excepted). I’m not sure midtable is such a bad finish given the circumstances, although I do fear losing players as a consequence. 

It may well be that Brendan is running low on ideas and that a shake up might be required, but with the personnel we have available does anyone think that there is somebody out there who is going to come in and instantly do much better? 

And the season before that? :unsure: 

23 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

It's still Liverpool at Anfield. They threw Jota, Milner and Kounate on at the same time which practically fixed most of their problems immediately.

We lost 2 defenders to injury and it was already makeshift at kick-off. I'm not here every match defending bizarre decisions Brendan often makes, but tonight is very, very harsh to criticise. It looked like Daka went off with a knock too.

2 of those players still aren't in their best 11. Good players but no exactly like bringing on Van Dijk, Salah and Mane is it.

No excuses for blowing a 2 goal lead. Not even saying it was all down to Rodgers but that's a pretty weak performance when cups are a big thing for us this year.

42 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just seen a Liverpool fan saying "another trophy bottled by Brendan...."

I mean he's literally just won two trophies that Liverpool haven't won for 15 ****ing years, but OK.

Who the hell do they think they are having a go at Leicester and our beloved manager. That’s our job!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Have no confidence in him making us consistently stronger defensively. Almost feels like they do nothing but passing drills on the training pitch. 

....this is not the night to give Rodgers too much stick for trying to patch up this defence tonight!!!

Our big problem is getting in players into the first team and keeping them free from injury. We just cannot continue to lurch from injury to injury hoping to get any kind of consistent challenge in this league.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....this is not the night to give Rodgers too much stick for trying to patch up this defence tonight!!!

Our big problem is getting in players into the first team and keeping them free from injury. We just cannot continue to lurch from injury to injury hoping to get any kind of consistent challenge in this league.

One defender on to replace Soyuncu is understandable. 

Point to an example of bringing off half a back line making the team stronger and I'll reconsider my opinion that tonight was nothing but hubris and poor game management. It was ****ing suicide. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Indefensible. We’re huge bottlers now - we have a serious mentality problem and it’ll never change under Rodgers.

It seemed to change the moment KDH went off.

I seen it posted that the changes changed the players mentality, that is something I believe as well.

I think Rodgers made another blunder, but I do also respect he has finally shown some grit on speaking out against referees when we get bad decisions which indicates some passion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

Turned the game when he took Dewsbury Hall & Daka off, also why did he bring Bertrand on as it completely threw the defence all over the place, Vestergaard for Soyuncu should have been the only change… 

Vestergaard has zero pace. Liverpool have  pacey players running in from midfield. I'm sure it would have been worse with him in a back 4. If Vardy had a tight hamstring he should have told Rodgers before he took Daka off. It was between KDH and Soumare, the latter he probably thought would be more useful at corners.