Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

We really are a soft and mentally weak team/squad…

even at 3-1 I knew we would find a way to fu*k it up.. we did royally…

thoroughly deserved our lead at HT… it could have been more in fact..

Then played like rabbits in headlights 2nd half… it was just a case of when Liverpool would get level with us..

we are an easy team to dominate and bully.. very few leaders out on that pitch..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....this is not the night to give Rodgers too much stick for trying to patch up this defence tonight!!!

Our big problem is getting in players into the first team and keeping them free from injury. We just cannot continue to lurch from injury to injury hoping to get any kind of consistent challenge in this league.

Are we ignoring that our injuries have been almost constant u see his management… 

I don’t just blame him, but he’s the ‘manager’ … he’s not managed this squad well for a while. 

• Like 1

I`m assuming Daka was subbed because he had a knock, and they didn`t want to risk him, otherwise that sub made no sense what so ever.   The big turning point though was Cags having to go off, because it meant we had to bring our 15 million pound centre half on, who we don`t have the confidence in, playing with only 2 centre backs, which meant we had to bring on another defender (full back) to play as a three, which meant we sacrificed a midfielder.    That problem was made worse by taking off KDH, who got tackles in, tracked back, looked to play forward as quickly as he could, and basically gave the midfield a bundle of energy, which we completely lost when he went off, and with it we lost the midfield.   If he was going to take a midfielder off, then Tielemans was the one to be sacrificed for me.  He had a quiet game, although not completely his fault, because he wasnt playing in his most effective position, but taking KDH off weakened us significantly.

I have to say also, that i don`t like to have a go at referees normally if we lose a game, because it comes across as sour grapes, but on this occasion i can`t help myself.   That has to be one of the worst refereeing performances i`ve seen in a very long time.

He was either being influenced by their fans, or he was being influenced by the fact it was Liverpool.

How their guy has not got a red card for the assault on Ricardo, which ultimately led to him having to go off, i have absolutely no idea.   Then Jota should have seen red for the elbow on Thomas, that he didnt even give a free kick for.    Not just those two instances though, his dicision making in general play was utterly appalling!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

First choice back four:

Ricardo Fofana Evans Justin 3/4 injured and the other went off injured tonight.

Second choice back 4:

Castagne Soyuncu Amartey Thomas 2/4 injured and another one out injured tonight.

That’s 7 of our first and second choice back 4 injured - how many teams would be playing well and thriving with these sort of injuries?

Not forgetting that the injuries in our back line mean our first choice DM is out of this role.

Some perspective required at the moment.

Have to ask the question how we've ended up with so many injuries though. This can't be down to pure coincidence to keep happening over two years.

Something stinks in our training and recovery regime and a review is needed top down

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Have to ask the question how we've ended up with so many injuries though. This can't be down to pure coincidence to keep happening over two years.

Something stinks in our training and recovery regime and a review is needed top down

Basically, the amount of games we have played. Over the last two years we’ve gone deep in every cup competition, been playing in Europe and challenging in the league.

We haven’t got the deep squads of the big six who do this every season and get used to playing twice a week, every week.

Add in a couple of injuries - Ricardo and Fofana both as a result of horror tackles, Justin was a freak accident - but the result is players like Evans and Soyuncu not being given breaks when they need them and being forced to play on. 

2 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

As frustrating as he can be, tonight’s subs aren’t on him. He can’t play vestergaard in a back 4 against them it would be suicide. Which is why he went to a back 5 in my opinion. Soyunco stays on I think we win. 

Ideal opportunity to see what Nelson is made of - replace Soy with him and keep the back 4.  There will be some who think it could unnerve a youngster to be thrust on in such circumstances, but often a youngster rises to the occasion, and it's up to the manager to deal with his mentality.

I can't see the point of a player being given a place on the bench if the manager isn't confident enough that he's ready to be throw on.  As far as the team is concerned, what's the worst that could have happened?  We could have lost the game, I suppose ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

I`m assuming Daka was subbed because he had a knock, and they didn`t want to risk him, otherwise that sub made no sense what so ever.   The big turning point though was Cags having to go off, because it meant we had to bring our 15 million pound centre half on, who we don`t have the confidence in, playing with only 2 centre backs, which meant we had to bring on another defender (full back) to play as a three, which meant we sacrificed a midfielder.    That problem was made worse by taking off KDH, who got tackles in, tracked back, looked to play forward as quickly as he could, and basically gave the midfield a bundle of energy, which we completely lost when he went off, and with it we lost the midfield.   If he was going to take a midfielder off, then Tielemans was the one to be sacrificed for me.  He had a quiet game, although not completely his fault, because he wasnt playing in his most effective position, but taking KDH off weakened us significantly.

I have to say also, that i don`t like to have a go at referees normally if we lose a game, because it comes across as sour grapes, but on this occasion i can`t help myself.   That has to be one of the worst refereeing performances i`ve seen in a very long time.

He was either being influenced by their fans, or he was being influenced by the fact it was Liverpool.

How their guy has not got a red card for the assault on Ricardo, which ultimately led to him having to go off, i have absolutely no idea.   Then Jota should have seen red for the elbow on Thomas, that he didnt even give a free kick for.    Not just those two instances though, his dicision making in general play was utterly appalling!

Totally agree. Don't forget the tackle on Albrighton. We really were playing against 12 men. Worst refereeing I can remember. Everyone can make a mistake but to do it over and over? Don't want to be one of those conspiracy theorists. BUT. 

15 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

First choice back four:

Ricardo Fofana Evans Justin 3/4 injured and the other went off injured tonight.

Second choice back 4:

Castagne Soyuncu Amartey Thomas 2/4 injured and another one out injured tonight.

That’s 7 of our first and second choice back 4 injured - how many teams would be playing well and thriving with these sort of injuries?

Not forgetting that the injuries in our back line mean our first choice DM is out of this role.

Some perspective required at the moment.

The injuries are atrocious. And they keep happening. 

It’s beyond time to start asking serious questions about our medical staff— we can’t keep blaming fixture congestion. Too many players are getting injured and too many players are missing games because of aggravating their existing injuries. This is happening under BR’s watch. 

Now we’re stuck playing what seems like our 15th- and 16th-string defenders, including a £15M buy who’s so limited, we have to change our entire setup just to accommodate him. Sure, he played well tonight but look what that sub did to the team, we were horrible after that point.  And the less said about the other signing, the better. These transactions happened under BR’s watch. 

We also have players who are unvaccinated and just fine sitting out games or not making the trip to Italy for what might be the biggest game of this season because of avoidable quarantines. Rodgers doesn’t seem to mind and has been pretty ambivalent about what his players should do. I’m sorry, but if you are a player who’s content to sit at home instead of suiting up for a winner-take-all game at Napoli, you might be better off at Spurs, where they don’t even attempt to play their European fixtures. 😂

Last weekend, Harry Kane got away with an atrocious tackle on a Liverpool player. We all saw it. Klopp flipped out and wouldn’t stop going on about it. He takes advantage any time something like that happens (hell, he did that after Hamza’s tackle on Salah). Klopp knows he can use that intimidate referees and buy himself a few calls in the short term. We need every advantage we can get right now but Rodgers refuses to do anything like that. Our best CB was assaulted in a damn friendly and we got nothing from our man in charge. And now who knows how long Ricky will be out again? But we probably won’t hear a peep about the referee or the tackle. 

There’s no sense that everyone is fully committed to the cause or that everyone even knows what the cause is— that’s on the manager. There’s absolutely no siege mentality at the club. I don’t need to win something every year as a supporter but I would like to see a little more leadership this season. 

Edited by The_77
Autocorrect
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

What you mean the season we finished fifth or the season we finished fifth and won the FA Cup? 

The season we finished 5th - on the final day, despite being 4th all season (the first time just incase any more clarification is needed), focusing how we played since the January of that season, putting our feet up and throwing all the hard work away - coincidentally exactly like we did in the following season which we’ve never recovered from and are still playing poorly for approaching….erm infact if we’re being honest we’re surpassing a calendar year now, generally playing in a nonsense style to boot.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

It’s time for Rodgers to leave the building his use by dated has expired, unless we want to fight it out at the bottom half of the table now is a great time to sack him and let a new manager at least have a chance to sign a couple of players 

I’ve been the biggest advocate of ‘Rodgers Out’ for the last few months 

Based solely on last night though, I’m “on the fence”

The first half we were brilliant. I know the opposition might’ve been mainly inexperienced, but they’ve still got to be half decent to play for Murderers Reserves.

Plus, you can only ‘beat’ what’s in front of you, and it could’ve been easy enough to revert to a passing match and be arrogant enough to presume we’ll be able to pass their side to death making them look like fools. (It’s happened on many many occasion under Rodgers)

I thought Rodgers had forgotten how to get us to play this fast attacking type of football, it’s been absent for so long. So that was very pleasing to see. 

However, he totally mismanaged that second half. He seems to love making quick successive substitutes which interrupts any flow we had. He did this recently (can’t for the life of me remember who we played) But KDH started the second half and transformed the game immediately. Although we hadn’t yet scored it only looked a matter of time until we did. Then he inexplicably took off Lookman (who I’m in the minority of thinking he was playing well) and stuck Perez on (who’s no better than Lookman in any case) 

I’m sick and tired of people making excuses and blaming our injuries too. ‘Long season’ ‘Europe’ We sound like fcking Klopp.

Do me a favour. I realise you can’t account for the assault on our players like Fofana, and at least 3 others last night, but what about all the other players and their recurring injuries?

Either the training regime is too intense, the new training grounds pitch is horrendous, or Dave Rennie actually knew what he was doing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d be absolutely fine with Rodgers if he attempted to broach our problems (even incrementally) . If he had us playing like the first half as much as possible throughout the season I’d e a happy man. But we don’t even try to most of the time. The ironic thing is, the absolute shite football we’ve been forced to watch under him, and what turned me against him in the first place, was precisely what was required last night in that second half- take the sting out the game. Our recent problem is that we take the sting out of the game at 0-0. And then concede 😂😂

He also HAS to start showing signs of acknowledging  our problems-

January- get a fit CB. 

Sort out of defensive woes

Learn how to manage games appropriately 

Sort out all our injury woes

The definition of stupid is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome

The club is on a knife edge this season. This carries on and we lose so many decent players in the summer (Rodgers will leave whether he’s pushed or shoved, which is why I’m such a big advocate of getting rid of him 2 months ago), and we become a Crystal Palace MKII

Worrying times indeed

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2