Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, oadby.fox said:

Imagine spending £15m on a player from one of the worst defences in the league and then not even having the confidence to play him in his preferred role (because he’s that bad), so you have to send another guy on from the same defence just to babysit him (which he is unable to do as well).  

Something isn’t right 

bertrand is strange because he never seemed this poor when I saw him at soton and he looked reasonable when he came here pre his covid 

vestergaard is unforgivable - a panic buy but someone we had courted for several windows ……….what were the scouts looking at ??????

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Something isn’t right 

bertrand is strange because he never seemed this poor when I saw him at soton and he looked reasonable when he came here pre his covid 

vestergaard is unforgivable - a panic buy but someone we had courted for several windows ……….what were the scouts looking at ??????

This was a Congers/Rodgers special. Our scouting dept would never have seriously considered Vestergaard in a million years. 

10 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Yep. I had them both in the “Ghezzal” category before they’d even walked out in a blue shirt. In retrospect though that is actually unfair to Ghezzal, as at least he tried (looking at you Berty) and was not as terrible as either of the gruesome twosome.

Imagine spending £15m on a player from one of the worst defences in the league and then not even having the confidence to play him in his preferred role (because he’s that bad), so you have to send another guy on from the same defence just to babysit him (which he is unable to do as well).  

Yep. I can't believe we took one of our best players out of his best position and had an actual centre half on the bench. Rodgers must have been worried about the pace because he can't not rate Vestergaard that badly surely.

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Something isn’t right 

I was at the QPR friendly and thought he looked okay as well. But I still wasn’t convinced, I mean he might be okay to stroll it against QPR in a friendly but that just about shows his level tbh.

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Don’t forget we were once in league 1 #Perspective

90's - Onwards: "Foxes Never Quit" (Hashtags never existed back then)

15/16 - 16/17: #Fearless

21/22: #Perspective

Side point - how on earth did we manage with 2 games most weeks in the Championship? With a smaller squad, less quality and not the luxurious facilities we have now, I mean that's real resilience, credit to them dealing with that work load in arguably a more physically demanding league.

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

Whether we lost or not last night, those 2nd half stats are unforgivable. He regularly caves in on himself and panics when there's anything that can be lost. I've never known a manager to be so good and turning a comfortable looking win into a loss.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Whether we lost or not last night, those 2nd half stats are unforgivable. He regularly caves in on himself and panics when there's anything that can be lost. I've never known a manager to be so good and turning a comfortable looking win into a loss.

Brendan Rodgers is the human personification of 2 goals being ‘the most dangerous lead’. 

Last night before the game I said that this game could have given us the perfect momentum boost going into the Xmas period.

First half was superb. 3-1 up and should have been more.

Then Brendan found the absolute perfect way of ensuring any confidence left in the team was removed. I'm absolutely fed up with it now and I think last night tipped me over the edge. We can't go on like this, we need a change.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Matt said:

90's - Onwards: "Foxes Never Quit" (Hashtags never existed back then)

15/16 - 16/17: #Fearless

21/22: #Perspective

Side point - how on earth did we manage with 2 games most weeks in the Championship? With a smaller squad, less quality and not the luxurious facilities we have now, I mean that's real resilience, credit to them dealing with that work load in arguably a more physically demanding league.

Some absolute rubbish gets posted on here (I'm more than guilty) but saying the Championship is more physically demanding than the Premier League is a very special take.

Being full of plodders ≠ more physically demanding. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Last night before the game I said that this game could have given us the perfect momentum boost going into the Xmas period.

First half was superb. 3-1 up and should have been more.

Then Brendan found the absolute perfect way of ensuring any confidence left in the team was removed. I'm absolutely fed up with it now and I think last night tipped me over the edge. We can't go on like this, we need a change.

You do realise that they made three changes at half time ?

it became a different game 

we were just about managing it before cags hammy 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Langston said:

Some absolute rubbish gets posted on here (I'm more than guilty) but saying the Championship is more physically demanding than the Premier League is a very special take.

Being full of plodders ≠ more physically demanding. 

Premier League's more skillful, faster

Championship's rougher, more hard knocks and more physically demanding, especially with their schedule, playing twice a week - it was rarely made a thing of.

Just now, Matt said:

Premier League's more skillful, faster

Championship's rougher, more hard knocks and more physically demanding, especially with their schedule, playing twice a week - it was rarely made a thing of.

I'd argue the speed and quality of the Premier League would take a more physically demanding toll than the odd clip from some Cardiff donkey.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TK95 said:

Have to ask the question how we've ended up with so many injuries though. This can't be down to pure coincidence to keep happening over two years.

Something stinks in our training and recovery regime and a review is needed top down

.. very much so!!!

Our S & C department needs to be the first port of call, what ever they are doing and structures which are in place needs to be reviewed. Unless they are willing to take onboard new practises, it might be best if they leave their roles and a more competent team is recruited.

I have said before Tigers have a S & C trainer who worked with the South African world Champions and has been instrumental in turning Tigers around along with Steve Borthwick.

We cannot continue to put players out on the park, who are not set up to last the season.

At this moment they do not stand a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I thought Vesty did ok last night - made some vital tackles etc. Was he caught out for the equalizer though? It was hard to tell from where my seat was (awful view).

No, if anybody Albrighton was to blame for that one, and Ndidi for misjudging the cross and missing his header.  Generally speaking I thought Vesty did OK in a horrific situation where his manager just left the defense hung out to dry.  Made a couple of strong tackles and had a couple of blocks, won a few contested headers.  He wasn't the problem.

• Like 1