Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Jimmy said:

he's well and truly in the death spiral now, pull the plug whilst the season can be turned around

I think we're past that point tbh.

However we should be viewing it as we did when we got Rodgers in i.e - Getting someone new in (Who - we've had these discussions and we'll go round in circles until something happens one way or the other) they can see the season out, look at what they need and what they need to move on, where they need to strengthen and treat it like a long pre season ready to hit the ground running next season.

We're wasting time now that's only going to stagnate us more and impact on us building/rebuilding and moving forwards.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_77 said:

The injuries are atrocious. And they keep happening. 

It’s beyond time to start asking serious questions about our medical staff— we can’t keep blaming fixture congestion. Too many players are getting injured and too many players are missing games because of aggregating their existing injuries. This is happening under BR’s watch. 

Now we’re stuck playing what seems like our 15th- and 16th-string defenders, including a £15M buy who’s so limited, we have to change our entire setup just to accommodate him. Sure, he played well tonight but look what that sub did to the team, we were horrible after that point.  And the less said about the other signing, the better. These transactions happened under BR’s watch. 

We also have players who are unvaccinated and just fine sitting out games or not making the trip to Italy for what might be the biggest game of this season because of avoidable quarantines. Rodgers doesn’t seem to mind and has been pretty ambivalent about what his players should do. I’m sorry, but if you are a player who’s content to sit at home instead of suiting up for a winner-take-all game at Napoli, you might be better off at Spurs, where they don’t even attempt to play their European fixtures. 😂

Last weekend, Harry Kane got away with an atrocious tackle on a Liverpool player. We all saw it. Klopp flipped out and wouldn’t stop going on about it. He takes advantage any time something like that happens (hell, he did that after Hamza’s tackle on Salah). Klopp knows he can use that intimidate referees and buy himself a few calls in the short term. We need every advantage we can get right now but Rodgers refuses to do anything like that. Our best CB was assaulted in a damn friendly and we got nothing from our man in charge. And now who knows how long Ricky will be out again? But we probably won’t hear a peep about the referee or the tackle. 

There’s no sense that everyone is fully committed to the cause or that everyone even knows what the cause is— that’s on the manager. There’s absolutely no siege mentality at the club. I don’t need to win something every year as a supporter but I would like to see a little more leadership this season. 

Totally agree with your comments, that why I'm frustrated with Brendan. If that tackle on Ricardo had happened to a Liverpool player, damn sure Klopp would have been fuming running to the 4th official waving his arms around in disgust calling for a red. Then the tv commentators would have talked about it because the game had stopped and the officials would have had to do something to diffuse the situation. It's no use after the match Brendan mentions it, game over the officials or national media aren't listening or talking about it. The Leicester players should have stopped and all gathered around Ricardo and the Ref, same withe the Albrighton challenge and Luke's getting a elbow in his face, but we haven't got a tough leader on the pitch. Brendan seemingly showing no emotion when the tackle happened is quite the opposite to Klopp, which to someone watching shows that he is more protective to his players inturn his players make a right fuss if any of their teammates gets a nasty foul. When our manager doesn't make a fuss when it's happened then our players will do the same. 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 4

I cannot understand why he makes basic errors time and time again.  We can all see where it's going to take us but yet he persists with changes that clearly will not work within games.  I find it bizarre.  The guy is paid millions but yet anyone with an ounce of footballing sense can see the wrong instantly in what he chooses to do in games.

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Part of me wonders doesn't he want to lose the bottler tag and prove his critics wrong. We make strides forward and then he stokes the fire again

This is another thing I simply don't get.

He needs us to succeed in turn to make himself succeed and be a success to get a big job for his precious ego.

However he can't shift away from his philosophy of being a sheep trying to be a wannabe Pep, he can't find another way of playing or grind result out, which means he'll never shake the bottlejob tag and he'll never get a crack in a big job.

He fooled everyone going to Scotland, 'rebuilding his career', it was largely a 1 team league for most his time as opposed to a 2 team league, he's good at fooling people, leading the media down a path, throwing other under the bus, that work is being seen through more and more though.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Part of me wonders within himself doesn't he want to lose the bottler tag and prove his critics wrong. We make strides forward and then he stokes the fire again

He's pissed away his chances of landing a "big" job in the near future after the last 2 months here. A lot of neutrals are picking up on the same tactical errors we're seeing now the spotlight is on him. If he manages to salvage some from this season he might redeem himself enough to get the Arsenal job when Arteta gets the chop at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turlo said:

He's pissed away his chances of landing a "big" job in the near future after the last 2 months here. A lot of neutrals are picking up on the same tactical errors we're seeing now the spotlight is on him. If he manages to salvage some from this season he might redeem himself enough to get the Arsenal job when Arteta gets the chop at the end of the season. 

Last time I looked the Gunners were doing OK . We could do with some of that attitude.If you can't beat the top three make sure you can beat the rest.

• Like 1

I've read some inventive explanations as to why Rodgers made the decisions he did yesterday evening.

The first memorable one was that the subbing of Daka and KDH was based on future 'workload'. I wonder if he's (and his apologists) heard the phrase 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'. 

He has a two goal advantage in a major cup competition against the potential winners - and he takes off the two players most likely to keep pressure on Liverpool. For what - an increasingly remote chance we'll finish above mid-table?

He brings on a ring-rusty one-dimensional striker who performs when the players around him are dominating - not when they're fire-fighting all over the pitch. Why - when he had players still on the bench better able to defend or stymie the 'red tide'?

Bertrand was a transfer mistake - in all ways. Why not finally acknowledge you've bought a player who has no commitment other than to picking up whatever he's being paid and just leave him gently 'training' in a field somewhere?

Rodgers could have had faith in Thomas and that he could cobble together (from Pereira, Castagne, Albrighton and LT) a combination of those players, match-to-match, whilst waiting for JJ to return. Instead he chooses to pick Bertrand, like he's done with Perez, because he (Rodgers) needs to do what precisely? Demonstrate that he can bang his head against a wall longer than anyone else?

Y'all can blame the players, but they're trained to obey and fulfil the manager's strategies. Which last night appeared to be f**k a two goal lead in a game which might have retrieved something from the season, and surrender it for no perceptible reason. He's not a touchline manager - yet this is where he feels he should be, notebook and pen in hand.

Rodgers gets it wrong too often - the fall away in the season, has become his hallmark. Make as many explanations as you wish, he consistently snatches, as many have repeated here, defeat from potential victory.

Sure, we've won a major cup - which always needs a measure of good fortune. That's not a knock at him - he's guided the team through all the hurdles - a major, major achievement in City's history. 

I see him as a hugely valuable source of football nouse but his ego conflicts with the need to make objective and accurate judgements through the course of the match. I think, as does Rowlatt's Fox, that he panics when he needs to make the changes - reactive rather than being ahead of the game (injuries apart). For me I'd want him in charge of every aspect but the 90mins. I want to see a intuitive strategist running the game.

Dual management isn't often found in football but it has paid dividends in the past. It's a potential solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Injured - Ricardo, Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Justin, Vardy, Daka

AFCON - Iheanacho, Amartey, Mendy, Ndidi

Get rid of Rogers now and how would whoever comes in get any more victories/points in the next 6 weeks?

We have been royally ****ed by injuries this season. It does not seem to be getting any better either.  Is Rogers perfect? No, but there are circumstances.  I remember thinking, this will be some team this season as we sat 3-0 up against Villarreal after about an hour of the pre-season game.  Fofana was assaulted soon after and we have not recovered properly since. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Thought he was limping as he came off last night which would be the only reason I can think of why he was subbed off.

It left me scratching my head, especially if Vardy was down to start against Man City at the weekend. There was no mention post match of him being injured

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

What winds me up with him more than anything is when we are absolutely battering teams who are there to get a good hiding he'll just go 5 at the back sit and soak up pressure rather than kill them off first. 10 minutes to go 2 or 3 goals up sure go 9 at the back, trust your defence but with 45 minutes to go? Bin. 

I don’t know what he’s seen in the last 3 years that gives him the confidence we’ll hang on to leads either. He used to love bringing Morgan on to “shore things up” as well when we were looking after a narrow lead. It usually ended up with our backs well and truly against the wall for the last 10/15 minutes too. 

• Like 2

I think BRs options last night were limited. But inviting red waves to run at a defence of Ndidi, Vester & Bertrand in front of the Kop is asking for trouble. We had three attacking lads on the park at the end Vards, Madders, Nacho. Barely tackling anything. Surely beefing up the midfield might have protected the defence a bit more. If Vester is seen as being so limited and unable to play in a 4. How comes we played 15 million for him.

Saying that I think Rogers tactics are highly dubious. When we are purring and putting teams to the sword he dines out on it. But I have rarely ever seen him enact an effective plan B, C or D when we are struggling and need something else to get the result. 

That deficiency as a manager, has always stopped me truly liking our Brendan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I don’t know what he’s seen in the last 3 years that gives him the confidence we’ll hang on to leads either. He used to love bringing Morgan on to “shore things up” as well when we were looking after a narrow lead. It usually ended up with our backs well and truly against the wall for the last 10/15 minutes too. 

While on international duty Castagne said the players were unhappy at being told at half time  to sit on a 2-0 lead v Palace -which they subsequently failed to do. I agree with the players - we don’t have a defence capable of protecting a lead and we’d have more points if they ignored the manager and continue to play in the way which earned us a lead in the first place. That’s quite a toxic situation where the players have more tactical nouse  then the manager..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We really need to get off back.  Give him and the team a break.  We have injuries and Covid issues. Some Leicester Fan on Talksport this morning advised Gobbi Ablongdongwhore that we have not had our best back 4 available for 12 months+.  He is not wrong there.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1