Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

We really need to get off back.  Give him and the team a break.  We have injuries and Covid issues. Some Leicester Fan on Talksport this morning advised Gobbi Ablongdongwhore that we have not had our best back 4 available for 12 months+.  He is not wrong there.  

We looked great yesterday, popping it about, our 2nd was great team work, kdh looks great, Thomas coming on, daka looks the real deal, madders back to his best, cags putting his body on the line, and then Rodgers makes substitutions which I'm still trying to work out why. Did he think at 1-3 the game done and it was a good time to give nacho a run out? Not nachos fault but his isn't a dynamic player who's going to be good on the break. I want to understand the decisions that cost us the game and I don't get it, I think Rodgers has lost the plot 

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Rodgers obsession with defending leads for the best part of 30+ minutes has robbed this club of so many opportunities.  

You can defend from midfield though, he could have taken off vardy or daka and gone with mendy just to man mark jota or minamino or just run around putting challenges in, soyuncu for vesty was a given, but to take kdh off but leaving 2 forwards on, what formation were we at in the end, 5-3-2? Just bizarre

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dames said:

Rodgers obsession with defending leads for the best part of 30+ minutes has robbed this club of so many opportunities.  

And we were at hair’s breadth away from losing the FA Cup too

Had Chilwells goal stood, we’d certainly have capitulated 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

Cast your mind back to all the reasons why Puel was criticised  - slow build up, sideways football, confused tactics, strange selections and substitutions, missed opportunities in big games.

It’s been better under Rodgers, granted, but the narrative has become eerily familiar.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

And we were at hair’s breadth away from losing the FA Cup too

Had Chilwells goal stood, we’d certainly have capitulated 

Ifs and buts. We beat a team that was favoured. In most scenarios we would have needed some luck to win the game in normal time.

21 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We looked great yesterday, popping it about, our 2nd was great team work, kdh looks great, Thomas coming on, daka looks the real deal, madders back to his best, cags putting his body on the line, and then Rodgers makes substitutions which I'm still trying to work out why. Did he think at 1-3 the game done and it was a good time to give nacho a run out? Not nachos fault but his isn't a dynamic player who's going to be good on the break. I want to understand the decisions that cost us the game and I don't get it, I think Rodgers has lost the plot 

He took KDH off as we have about 3 games in the next week, he will be expected to play big parts in all of them. If he gets injured we are really ****ed. Daka also with Vardy having a tight hammy, he is going to be playing a lot of football. Had we had a stronger bench, less injury and covid about I’m sure we would have been fine.  

4 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Injured - Ricardo, Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Justin, Vardy, Daka

AFCON - Iheanacho, Amartey, Mendy, Ndidi

Get rid of Rogers now and how would whoever comes in get any more victories/points in the next 6 weeks?

We have been royally ****ed by injuries this season. It does not seem to be getting any better either.  Is Rogers perfect? No, but there are circumstances.  I remember thinking, this will be some team this season as we sat 3-0 up against Villarreal after about an hour of the pre-season game.  Fofana was assaulted soon after and we have not recovered properly since. 

Am I mistaken but the tactical blunder of taking KDH off was not down to an injury.

Also I suspect our recent injury record has something to do with how Rodgers works at the club, its clearly not bad luck at this point.

Edited by Chrysalis

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

One player being injured doesn't change anything. We'd still be in this position with Fofana in the side.

That’s not strictly true. He offers us pace, anticipation, defends on the front foot and is great in the air, you’d likely find teams wouldn’t be cutting through us as easily, or would have scored as many set pieces with him in the side

1 minute ago, Jonzey01 said:

That’s not strictly true. He offers us pace, anticipation, defends on the front foot and is great in the air, you’d likely find teams wouldn’t be cutting through us as easily, or would have scored as many set pieces with him in the side

We'll never know but my guess is we'd still be conceding at a rate we have been this season, especially from set pieces. 

Is he perfect? Nowhere near and never was. A couple of years ago some were proclaiming him as the second coming as I remember. To be honest all managers are fallible and on the whole he is no worse than most. Guardiola is considered the best but every club he has managed has had huge budgets and initially he got lucky with Barcelona's genius generation. It is going to be an inconsistent season so we have to accept disappointment along the way. When we get a settled defense and stop conceding  so much , our potent attackers should see us getting some good results. Changing managers mid-season is far too risky for me.

2 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Well let’s all not be this pessimistic 

I'm actually one of the more optimistic posters. It's the part of being at the game and watching us that actually frustrates and annoys me.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm actually one of the more optimistic posters. It's the part of being at the game and watching us that actually frustrates and annoys me.

Well let’s continue to push for this. Think people forget about the years in the championship or our time in league one. We are. Now a well established premier league team who on our day can beat anyone in the division 

39 minutes ago, Dames said:

Worked fine when we actually had a decent defence, you can’t play like that with the defence we have. 

Having said that, I don’t know how to play with the defence we have.

6 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Well let’s continue to push for this. Think people forget about the years in the championship or our time in league one. We are. Now a well established premier league team who on our day can beat anyone in the division 

It is sensational how far we've come but using us being in League One over ten years ago as a reason to not get annoyed with the current side is odd. Expectations are all relative to where we are as a club, our expectations aren't and shouldn't be the same as they were back then. By this logic surely the owners of Man City would be happy with not finishing in a European spot as they used to be average? Obviously the cash invested makes it a  slightly different beast but still similar but on a smaller scale. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

We really need to get off back.  Give him and the team a break.  We have injuries and Covid issues. Some Leicester Fan on Talksport this morning advised Gobbi Ablongdongwhore that we have not had our best back 4 available for 12 months+.  He is not wrong there.  

Very true, we haven't had our strongest back 4 for quite some time but let's not forget that the players we HAVE had available includes a former England 6 cap International and champions league winning LB, a 21 cap belgian international, a 31 cap Danish International, a 93 cap N.Ireland International, a 43 cap Turkinsh International and a 33 cap Ghanan International.... We've not exactly had to resort to kids and ball boys for the vast majority of that time. 

They've just not been anywhere near good enough. Part of that is on them and part is on how they've been set up and the fact that I couldn't even begin to guess what it I that Kolo Toure does on a daily basis because it certainly isn't coaching. Maybe he makes a mean cuppa? 

8 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

Can we? We seem to be much easier to beat nowadays. We don't give the decent sides a game at all nowadays. The Chelsea game in particular was a disgraceful performance 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Very true, we haven't had our strongest back 4 for quite some time but let's not forget that the players we HAVE had available includes a former England 6 cap International and champions league winning LB, a 21 cap belgian international, a 31 cap Danish International, a 93 cap N.Ireland International, a 43 cap Turkinsh International and a 33 cap Ghanan International.... We've not exactly had to resort to kids and ball boys for the vast majority of that time. 

They've just not been anywhere near good enough. Part of that is on them and part is on how they've been set up and the fact that I couldn't even begin to guess what it I that Kolo Toure does on a daily basis because it certainly isn't coaching. Maybe he makes a mean cuppa? 

Sorry, that’s nonsense, hyperbole, this is the premier league, it’s almost the norm

13 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Am I mistaken but the tactical blunder of taking KDH off was not down to an injury.

Also I suspect our recent injury record has something to do with how Rodgers works at the club, its clearly not bad luck at this point.

We never seemed to have this injury problem when Rennie was around, shame that Brendan got him sacked. Rennie's 20 years experience at Leicester didn't mean nothing to Brendan, absolute disgusting treatment of an employee who served Leicester for so long.

• Haha 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We never seemed to have this injury problem when Rennie was around, shame that Brendan got him sacked. Rennie's 20 years experience at Leicester didn't mean nothing to Brendan, absolute disgusting treatment of an employee who served Leicester for so long.

You are from the land of litigation, where this sort of slanderous talk would get you in trouble. lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just keep making stuff up, you have no idea of what happened. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It is sensational how far we've come but using us being in League One over ten years ago as a reason to not get annoyed with the current side is odd. Expectations are all relative to where we are as a club, our expectations aren't and shouldn't be the same as they were back then. By this logic surely the owners of Man City would be happy with not finishing in a European spot as they used to be average? Obviously the cash invested makes it a  slightly different beast but still similar but on a smaller scale. 

We should based on investment be around 7th-9th which is where we are. Having a new training ground was something that was needed as our old one was crap. Having a ground holding 42k will bring us online with the other clubs we are fighting for 7th-9th