Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

21 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I was discussing with one of my mates about players that have improved under Rodgers. The only one either of us could come up with was Iheanacho and he still barely uses him. Many  others have either stagnated or have declined as players

I think most, if not all the squad improved under Brendan, initially and we were a joy to watch. 

Leicester were probably the most entertaining team in the league even for other fans. 

Trouble is, we've regressed in the last 12 months, wether thats all to do with our dreadful injury record or tactics, or a bit of both, is the question. 

The Forfana injury really did shaft us this season but it's up to the coaching staff to get the best out of who's left and to get players playing in a system that suits them. 

From poor organisation at set pieces and slow boring play, they have a set of players who seem to need a lift and a bit of luck with injuries. 

I hope he turns it around and it'll be unfair if the crowd turn on him in the next 2 fixtures, as it looks  like we won't get any points but Norwich will be crucial 

2 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I think most, if not all the squad improved under Brendan, initially and we were a joy to watch. 

Leicester were probably the most entertaining team in the league even for other fans. 

Trouble is, we've regressed in the last 12 months, wether thats all to do with our dreadful injury record or tactics, or a bit of both, is the question. 

The Forfana injury really did shaft us this season but it's up to the coaching staff to get the best out of who's left and to get players playing in a system that suits them. 

From poor organisation at set pieces and slow boring play, they have a set of players who seem to need a lift and a bit of luck with injuries. 

I hope he turns it around and it'll be unfair if the crowd turn on him in the next 2 fixtures, as it looks  like we won't get any points but Norwich will be crucial 

Problem with blaming the Fofana injury is that many of us knew we needed to add another centre half well before that. Evans was/is proving unreliable now due to injuries. The biggest criticism of Rodgers to come out of this all is that Daniel Amartey, who many had lost all hope for, has been our best defender this season. However, gets dropped ahead of Soyuncu who has been a complete donkey this season. Rodgers deserves to reap all that he sows.

The thing is you can see what’s coming losing to Man City and Liverpool. Then beating Norwich at home. We are atm the definition of a mid table side. Imo I don’t see that changing with someone else in charge. We’ll beat poor sides like Newcastle and Watford then lose to top 6 opposition. I’m still in the middle about sticking with Rodgers because on the one hand we could have new manager bounce and then on the other we could end up in a relegation battle. 

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

The thing is you can see what’s coming losing to Man City and Liverpool. Then beating Norwich at home. We are atm the definition of a mid table side. Imo I don’t see that changing with someone else in charge. We’ll beat poor sides like Newcastle and Watford then lose to top 6 opposition. I’m still in the middle about sticking with Rodgers because on the one hand we could have new manager bounce and then on the other we could end up in a relegation battle. 

Don’t you think he’ll walk (or be pushed) in the summer anyway?

I definitely do

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I definitely do

Think he'll be there for a while. Nobody is paying him comparable wages and he's devalued himself recently. 

He'll be the managerial Callum Davidson.

People turning on Rodgers and now starting to downplay the FA Cup win lol

Deserved all the wins en route to the Final and a great team performance and some brilliant individual performances got us the FA Cup win.

Doesn't make it fortunate or lucky ffs.

Also not a chance he is going to get sacked at the moment with how much his pay off will be.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Worked fine when we actually had a decent defence, you can’t play like that with the defence we have. 

Having said that, I don’t know how to play with the defence we have.

We have to over compensate in attack at the moment but unless we are playing a really bad team Brendan shuts up shop and lets the opposition play attack vs defence for the best part of a half if we are leading at HT. 

3 minutes ago, shade said:

There's no chance we will sack him.

There's no chance he'll just resign.

There's a slim chance a "better" team comes in for him.

Long story short I think he'll be here as long as we're in the Premier League.

Unlikely.  All of them seem to be fairly sorted in terms of management. Obviously United only have an interim manager but there's absolutely no chance they go for Rodgers now. The only club stupid enough to pay money for him would be Everton and would they really appoint another ex Liverpool manager....and would he go?

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Unlikely.  All of them seem to be fairly sorted in terms of management. Obviously United only have an interim manager but there's absolutely no chance they go for Rodgers now. The only club stupid enough to pay money for him would be Everton and would they really appoint another ex Liverpool manager....and would he go?

you're discounting a lot of clubs, particularly in Spain, who he may consider "better" options 

23 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I definitely do

He won’t walk. I can see the same as what happened with Ranieri. Come late jan early feb they’ll get rid. I just don’t know whether we’ll get a new manager bounce. I know everyone expects it but I’m not convinced. 

5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

He won’t walk. I can see the same as what happened with Ranieri. Come late jan early feb they’ll get rid. I just don’t know whether we’ll get a new manager bounce. I know everyone expects it but I’m not convinced. 

I think we'll stay up regardless so we could use those months before the season ends to give the new manager a chance to evaluate the squad and formulate a plan for next season

We've been rubbish all season. And the problems go deeper than missing JJ and Fofana. Our best hope is that we hobble through midtable, scout replacements for Youri et al and hope the academy gives us someone new. And then we slowly become competitive in the top half of the table again. Rodgers will be off next season. If someone promising pops up before I hope Rudkin gets him on the phone, we thank Rodgers for the FA cup and Whealen gives Rodgers his payday.

And this is why I was an advocate of getting rid of Rodgers two months ago. To save our season

Rodgers at that time was only 3 points better off than Ranieri at the same stage of that season too- I’m not sure what the comparisons would be like now. 

I think there would be a new manager bounce, simply because it wouldn’t be too difficult to get the uninjured players he has at his disposal playing better football than Rodgers has been able to over God knows how many of the past few months.  

• Like 1

I think I am in the out camp now, eventually managers whether down to their own mistakes or just running out of ideas come to the end of their time at the club, and usually then its then best to move on as soon as possible.

There is problems in this, I feel whoever replaces Rodgers will be a transitional steadying the ship, where we learn how to defend again, get back to getting the basics right, sort out injury woes etc. but without setting the league alight so mid table.

Eventually once all that's achieved I think it will be another manager to push us on again with the foundations laid by the transitional manager.

We also going to have a hard time replacing Tielemans, I just cannot see him staying.

Another of BRs “quirks” is that he says he likes to have a small first team squad to work with - a chicken that has come home to roost in this injury and illness ravaged season. 

I know there are maximum squad sizes for most competitions but they can be supplemented by young players. Having half a dozen of these around (including countless keepers) is simply not enough. The fact that we have literally run out of centre halves tells its own story. 

Injuries and fatigue in the midfield could have been managed better with Praet in the squad. This squad mismanagement was summed up last season when we didn’t name a full squad fot Europa League , gave a place to KDH then promptly loaned him to Luton for the season ..

The keeper situation continues to baffle - behind Kasper who plays every time anyway despite his shortcomings - we have Ward, Stoyz (whatever his name is) , Jakupovic and Iversen on loan at Preston (and apparently doing brilliantly). When are we ever going to need that many goalkeepers? 

Edited by smudgerfox

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

We also going to have a hard time replacing Tielemans, I just cannot see him staying.

We won't replace him unless a miracle happened. We only got Tielemans because of his connection to Puel and Tieleman's poor time at Monaco. Seems like the whole midfield dynamic will need to change.

5 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

And this is why I was an advocate of getting rid of Rodgers two months ago. To save our season

Rodgers at that time was only 3 points better off than Ranieri at the same stage of that season too- I’m not sure what the comparisons would be like now. 

I think there would be a new manager bounce, simply because it wouldn’t be too difficult to get the uninjured players he has at his disposal playing better football than Rodgers has been able to over God knows how many of the past few months.  

Agree. As I’ve stated before there are so many managers that are available. It’s the amount we’d have to pay him off which worries me. If we do stick with him till the end of the season can see us finishing between 8th and 12th. 

Agree. As I’ve stated before there are so many managers that are available. It’s the amount we’d have to pay him off which worries me. If we do stick with him till the end of the season can see us finishing between 8th and 12th. 

There was one point where I was genuinely thinking we could go down. 

Luckily there’s 3 teams worse than us. 

People will say that we’re allowed a bad season now and again (which 10th-12th would be imo) which is true, but not when you have the quality of the majority of our squad. I’d see it as mismanagement and a failure. And I don’t want to hear another response that mentions injuries 😂

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Agree. As I’ve stated before there are so many managers that are available. It’s the amount we’d have to pay him off which worries me. If we do stick with him till the end of the season can see us finishing between 8th and 12th

Which in itself is fine but it's the manner of our performances that is the real reason why we should be concerned 

• Like 2