Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Which in itself is fine but it's the manner of our performances that is the real reason why we should be concerned 

I agree. But we get rid and new guy has the same issues. We can’t defend. We’re stuck with who we’ve got. We won’t spend  millions in Jan. Fofano and Justin won’t solve our defensive issues if/when they come back. I just see a mid table finish and we start next season either with or without Rodgers. 

5 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

There was one point where I was genuinely thinking we could go down. 

Luckily there’s 3 teams worse than us. 

People will say that we’re allowed a bad season now and again (which 10th-12th would be imo) which is true, but not when you have the quality of the majority of our squad. I’d see it as mismanagement and a failure. And I don’t want to hear another response that mentions injuries 😂

Which point did you genuinely think we might go down?

We have been nowhere near the drop zone since Ranieri left.

It’s funny you don’t want to hear about injuries, because that’s clearly a huge factor. We have been as good as anyone going forwards this season. At the back has been all of our problems - where we have had almost all of our first and second choice back 4s out injured.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Agree. As I’ve stated before there are so many managers that are available. It’s the amount we’d have to pay him off which worries me. If we do stick with him till the end of the season can see us finishing between 8th and 12th. 

Who are these many managers available and better than what we have?

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

I agree. But we get rid and new guy has the same issues. We can’t defend. We’re stuck with who we’ve got. We won’t spend  millions in Jan. Fofano and Justin won’t solve our defensive issues if/when they come back. I just see a mid table finish and we start next season either with or without Rodgers. 

But maybe the new guy fixes the defensive problems? There's absolutely no way it's just a personel problem why we're shipping this amount of goals. The coaching is abysmal imo

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Who are these many managers available and better than what we have?

I’m not advocating getting rid of Rodgers but he’s not imo helping himself. So I would look at if we did the following

Rudi Garcia 

Niko Kovac 

Diego Martinez 

Lucien Farve  

Apart from Kovac all readily available with better European experience than Rodgers. Unfortunately our owners will look at managers with previous pl experience so - Lampard, Nuno and Koeman. 
I’m really undecided with getting rid of Rodgers. I can see the argument from both sides. 

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s funny you don’t want to hear about injuries, because that’s clearly a huge factor. We have been as good as anyone going forwards this season. At the back has been all of our problems - where we have had almost all of our first and second choice back 4s out injured.

Our form isn’t far off relegation form and we are so easy to beat it’s frightening. We struggled to beat Norwich, drew with Burnley and devoured a poor Newcastle at home. We beat Watford but still conceded 2. That’s a game which might have gone against us. The defence is the source of the problem but the injuries don’t fully excuse that. Even when fielding a respectable back 4 say - Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu and Thomas - we have consistently leaked goals. We’ve improved at defending set pieces but boy did that take a long tome to fix. There are Premier teams who field players of much lower calibre than ours but they still manage to restrict opponents’ scoring opportunities and keep goals conceded down closer to the league average.

We have too few defenders in the squad, have signed a couple of defensive donkeys in the summer and like many others I’m sceptical that the return of Wes and JJ will fix the problem immediately.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I’m not advocating getting rid of Rodgers but he’s not imo helping himself. So I would look at if we did the following

Rudi Garcia 

Niko Kovac 

Diego Martinez 

Lucien Farve  

Apart from Kovac all readily available with better European experience than Rodgers. Unfortunately our owners will look at managers with previous pl experience so - Lampard, Nuno and Koeman. 
I’m really undecided with getting rid of Rodgers. I can see the argument from both sides. 

...we just hope that we do not go to any of these!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Our form isn’t far off relegation form and we are so easy to beat it’s frightening. We struggled to beat Norwich, drew with Burnley and devoured a poor Newcastle at home. We beat Watford but still conceded 2. That’s a game which might have gone against us. The defence is the source of the problem but the injuries don’t fully excuse that. Even when fielding a respectable back 4 say - Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu and Thomas - we have consistently leaked goals. We’ve improved at defending set pieces but boy did that take a long tome to fix. There are Premier teams who field players of much lower calibre than ours but they still manage to restrict opponents’ scoring opportunities and keep goals conceded down closer to the league average.

We have too few defenders in the squad, have signed a couple of defensive donkeys in the summer and like many others I’m sceptical that the return of Wes and JJ will fix the problem immediately.  

Our league season so far - 16 games and 22 points - 1.375 points per game - 52 points over 38 games - 12th, 11th, 10th in previous seasons

Our last 5 league games - 7 points - 1.4 points per game - 53 points over 38 games

Our last 10 league games - 15 points - 1.5 points per game - 57 points over 38 games

Unless you are going to start looking at like 3 game periods as "form", we have never been in relegation form in the league.

We haven't been lower than 13th this season.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Our league season so far - 16 games and 22 points - 1.375 points per game - 52 points over 38 games - 12th, 11th, 10th in previous seasons

Our last 5 league games - 7 points - 1.4 points per game - 53 points over 38 games

Our last 10 league games - 15 points - 1.5 points per game - 57 points over 38 games

Unless you are going to start looking at like 3 game periods as "form", we have never been in relegation form in the league.

We haven't been lower than 13th this season.

Please stop disrupting the meltdowns with facts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Rudi Garcia 

Niko Kovac 

Diego Martinez 

Lucien Farve  

I would really like Diego Martinez here, but sounds like he will go to Leeds this summer when Biesla contract finishes. Diego's side Granada were outstanding in all areas. From the quality of his signing and loans which he got for peanuts compared to other LaLiga teams, his team played basic no nonsense pressing football that even teams like Barcelona couldn't cope with. Stopping the the other teams attacking and then successfully counterattacking non stop, no wonder Leeds want him soon. 

Plus as a former former full back, he's the right man to sort out our defense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I would really like Diego Martinez here, but sounds like he will go to Leeds this summer when Biesla contract finishes. Diego's side Granada were outstanding in all areas. From the quality of his signing and loans which he got for peanuts compared to other LaLiga teams, his team played basic no nonsense pressing football that even teams like Barcelona couldn't cope with. Stopping the the other teams attacking and then successfully counterattacking non stop, no wonder Leeds want him soon. 

Plus as a former former full back, he's the right man to sort out our defense.

Why should Leeds have the advantage over us if both are looking for a new manager? If anything we should be the better option. 

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I was discussing with one of my mates about players that have improved under Rodgers. The only one either of us could come up with was Iheanacho and he still barely uses him. Many  others have either stagnated or have declined as players

Can anybody come up with any other? 

I’m not sure this is true for Nacho this season either

19 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Why should Leeds have the advantage over us if both are looking for a new manager? If anything we should be the better option. 

Diego Martinez has said he wants to manage an EPL side and with Biesla finishing in the Summer, he is their number one target and read that they have made contact with him recently. With Leicester Brendan's contract doesn't finish for another 3 years and their is no certainty that he will go by next summer. If Leeds continue to play badly they could get rid of Biesla soon and get Martinez in early next month. Martinez has studied in England and knows so much about English football and says he's studied footballing traditions and he can speak English so he's just waiting for the opportunity to come and Leeds are making an effort to get him.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I’m not sure this is true for Nacho this season either

No I think he's been horribly mismanaged this season but I have to concede that the best we've seen of Kelechi was last season and that was down to Brendan. Albeit it was a forced change

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, J. James said:

Sorry,  it wasn't "down to Brendon" at all, you say so yourself, it was a forced change and the lad took his opportunity with aplomb and still the pig headed Rodgers can't admit he's wrong and play him!

He must have the patience of a saint.

His treatment this season has been shocking, like textbook "how to demotivate and uninspire" he WILL leave (if Rodgers doesn't go first) and he WILL score goals for someone else.

My original post was saying that he's the only player that's improved in Rodgers time here. Whether that is down to Brendan or not who knows. Nacho strikes me as a massive confidence player so maybe the run of games helped him a lot

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Like I say, we were only 3 points better off under Rodgers than where we were under Ranieri (think it was 12 games into the session when I looked)

We haven’t been near the bottom yet because it’s still December. It’s very possible we will be around the same position as when we got rid of Ranieri if we allow the season to unravel so far again 

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t want to hear about injuries because I blame Rodgers for many of them. Just like when if a manager keeps his squad fit and available, he takes the plaudits 

• Like 1