Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

35 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

All these arguments are fruitless and pointless.

We are not some penniless minnows scrounging around for cash when it comes to transfers… skint clubs don’t build £100m training grounds and reveal ambitious stadium expansions like we have….

The way the club is run, is proper, we are self sufficient and have a budget to work by… but that is still a lot better than most teams in the league. 

I don’t think it is unfair at all to criticise Brendan for this season, ultimately he runs the show in terms of football, and he’s definitely made some mistakes this season… he can be afforded that if he manages to turn things around, but the issue is we have really yet to see him turn real poor form around, and he seems to come unstuck when things are not going well. He will prove this season how good of a manager he really is, because he’s under pressure more than ever before to lead us, and so far this season I have been underwhelmed.

Good post mate👍 I also strongly believe we will all find out how good Rodgers really is as a manager by the end of the season, no point in stressing over it now. There’s no excuse If we’re struggling with a fully fit and available squad come may, I personally want it to work out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

... and also Robbie Savage trotts it out as if no one has ever mentioned it before. Its the pundits latest go to mantra about us :yawn:

If Carragher and Savage agree on something you can be sure it's rubbish.  I wonder what their take was on the 2 should-have-been sendings-off at Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

Ramsdale, Tierney, Saka, Smith Rowe, White or Gabriel, Lacazette - all of those would add something to our match day squad !

I do think a sense of realism is required but similarly no doubt in my mind that BR is not  in the Top Class managers as tactically he has a lot to learn and is two stubborn at times.

White? Fofana is twice the player. 

Gabriel is not as good as Evans. 

Lacazette would be 3rd or possibly 4th choice striker. 

1 hour ago, sammy82 said:

Good post mate👍 I also strongly believe we will all find out how good Rodgers really is as a manager by the end of the season, no point in stressing over it now. There’s no excuse If we’re struggling with a fully fit and available squad come may, I personally want it to work out.

Are you both watching Man. City games at the moment?

I absolutely agree on having a fruitless and pointless conversation about BR coaching style.

It's awful, incompetent,  outdated and disaster.

• Like 2

Just now, Fox in the North said:

Love people giving Rodgers stick for this game. Look at our squad, look at theirs… What are you expecting today?

It's the results of the season so far.

He has had a really good squad of players for 90% of the season so far and we are lucky to be 10th tbh.

BR is to stubborn to learn from his mistakes to make him a top manager.

He is litterally crippling everyone of our players 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Ramsdale, Tierney, Saka, Smith Rowe, White or Gabriel, Lacazette - all of those would add something to our match day squad !

I do think a sense of realism is required but similarly no doubt in my mind that BR is not  in the Top Class managers as tactically he has a lot to learn and is two stubborn at times.

You’ve vastly overrated those Arsenal players - and you know why? Because they are coached well. Most of those players looked championship class a while ago but Arteta has slowly made them look better than they are with good coaching and tactics.

Arsenal would love to have Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka, Tielemans, Ricardo, Maddison, Castagne and even Ndidi and Albrighton (who is consistently effective when we’re playing on the front foot) in their squad. Most of them would look world class under Arteta, Pep, Tuchel or Klopp.