Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, moore_94 said:

Benko not even being on the bench probably tells you everything you need to know about his current situation at the club.

Even then he probably has covid or is injured again.

With the injuries we have today is pretty much a free hit give him a game and give him a chance. 

Saw your post regarding his loan spells, which I think you've probably read in to too much.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Very mature. Got nothing to come back with? 

Thanks. I'd have picked a side that was 5 at the back to start with today. He picked a side against Liverpool to win fair enough but then fecked us over with changes in the 2nd half. He's clueless at times and far too often sadly. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

Just now, StanSP said:

That's quite clearly bollocks isn't it. 

No. Not at all. I genuinely believe if we were to go down this season there would be a number of people defending him and his decisions. 

Not saying you're one. Just that there is 100% definitely people on here who would. 

I'm not a huge fan of BR but if this is what we've got, it's what we've got.

He can't legislate for Vester standing of KDB, or Youri putting 2 on their arse in the box.  

We have nothing out there, players look beat from kick off. Everyone knew the outcome from the start. Yes I agree you want to see more resilience but as soon as first goes in the collective feeling of dejection kicks in to a group of players who know they are missing their quality additions.

Happy to call Rodgers if I think he's the main reason for performance but today it's players responsibility letting him down. Just my view today..

Guest Kopfkino

Probably a bit naive to try to attack the game today but I respect that. Good on him, is being dealt a horrendous situation but getting on with it unlike others in a much better situation.

Think you’re just an arsehole if you can’t grant mitigating circumstances atm

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah by a man who signed Vestergaard and Bertrand though so..... I'm not being Rodgers out by the way just don't see the harm in giving him a chance when we have so many injuries 

You know he's been here longer than brendan? 

Oh I'm saying Rodgers should go. Just don't think you can have a go at him about benkovic considering the most football he's played was under brendan at celtic. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah by a man who signed Vestergaard and Bertrand though so..... I'm not being Rodgers out by the way just don't see the harm in giving him a chance when we have so many injuries 

Why do you think he is even available?

It says a lot that he can't even get on the bench ahead of a bunch of kids, Benkovic doesn't even turn out for the under 23s anymore.

Brendan loved him at Celtic, so clearly something more going on than he just doesn't want to use him.

Edited by moore_94

20 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Love people giving Rodgers stick for this game. Look at our squad, look at theirs… What are you expecting today?

He's had 160 mil to spend on top of a squad containing chilwell, soyuncu evans pereira ndidi tielemans (yes i factored out his transfer cost) maddison barnes vardy, despite that we're moving backwards under him. Burnley who spend **** all wouldnt be down 4-0 at half time

Edited by honeybradger

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Too much reactionary stuff in here, what did we expect from the players available? It's the makeshift of makeshift back fours against the best team in the country.

Are you saying this type of play hasn’t been common for us in the past 6-12 months?

2 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Are you saying this type of play hasn’t been common for us in the past 6-12 months?

He's not getting sacked on the basis of this game.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You know he's been here longer than brendan? 

Oh I'm saying Rodgers should go. Just don't think you can have a go at him about benkovic considering the most football he's played was under brendan at celtic. 

Yeah but the fact the loan spell he had with Brendan earnt rave reviews from Celtic fans only for Brendan to not use him after joining us is weird

Sure, we are going to lose this horrendously, we all expected to lose, but current situation or not, no team should be shipping 4 goals in 20 minutes, these are experienced, well paid, premier league players. If you don't have back up for every position are you expected to lose every game by 5 goals or more? It's all very well blaming the current situation, but the fact is we are also shit without injuries and covid.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Benko not even being on the bench probably tells you everything you need to know about his current situation at the club.

Even then he probably has covid or is injured again.

Benkovic has looked like he has potential , I am perplexed about how in this dire situation he still hasn’t been given a sniff of a start these past few week .  Br has been at fault.  I really feel for the lad .  He deserves a chance with a better manager 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some angry folk on Wednesday before the Liverpool game when I was continuing to question Rodgers and not being bowled over by a decent win vs a heinous Newcastle side.

Now look at the vitriol. We are honking and this is only ending one way, he's done here and it's just a waste of everybody's time that we have to go through this procession before it happens.

Didn't you call the 4-1 win at Leeds last season?

THIS BLOKE KNOWS. WE LISTEN :ricardo:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Why do you think he is even available?

It says a lot that he can't even get on the bench ahead of a bunch of kids, Benkovic doesn't even turn out for the under 23s anymore.

Brendan loved him at Celtic, so clearly something more going on than he just doesn't want to use him.

Yeah I don't disagree his injury record is honking, but I'm guessing there's been occasions when he's been fit and could have been utilised when we've had injuries. The fact he didn't use him after his Celtic spell, means there's probably more to it than the injury record and lack of game time out on loan as often suggested

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah but the fact the loan spell he had with Brendan earnt rave reviews from Celtic fans only for Brendan to not use him after joining us is weird

But his loan spells since (in the championship) haven't been a success really. 11 appearances across about 3 seasons off the top of my head

9 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Thanks. I'd have picked a side that was 5 at the back to start with today. He picked a side against Liverpool to win fair enough but then fecked us over with changes in the 2nd half. He's clueless at times and far too often sadly. 

Daka was injured. Soyuncu was injured. What were the options here? 

9 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No. Not at all. I genuinely believe if we were to go down this season there would be a number of people defending him and his decisions. 

Not saying you're one. Just that there is 100% definitely people on here who would. 

I personally don't see it and would be very worried if people did support us if we dropped that low down! 

Given our expectations I don't think any manager taking us below 14/15th at this stage of season survives.