Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Benkovic has looked like he has potential , I am perplexed about how in this dire situation he still hasn’t been given a sniff of a start these past few week .  Br has been at fault.  I really feel for the lad .  He deserves a chance with a better manager 

He looked like he had potential 3 years ago

Since then he has been nothing but a bag of injuries and failed loans

1 minute ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Benkovic has looked like he has potential , I am perplexed about how in this dire situation he still hasn’t been given a sniff of a start these past few week .  Br has been at fault.  I really feel for the lad .  He deserves a chance with a better manager 

Not sure how he’s caught COVID, surely you need to be near people?!? He’s not been seen for months. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Daka was injured. Soyuncu was injured. What were the options here? 

I personally don't see it and would be very worried if people did support us if we dropped that low down! 

Given our expectations I don't think any manager taking us below 14/15th at this stage of season survives. 

We are not going to agree. Fair enough. Rodgers is on very thin ice in my eyes. Perhaps you think differently. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some angry folk on Wednesday before the Liverpool game when I was continuing to question Rodgers and not being bowled over by a decent win vs a heinous Newcastle side.

Now look at the vitriol. We are honking and this is only ending one way, he's done here and it's just a waste of everybody's time that we have to go through this procession before it happens.

Have to agree with this, things are regressing at an alarming rate and there is very little to cling to in terms of signs of things changing.

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

But his loan spells since (in the championship) haven't been a success really. 11 appearances across about 3 seasons off the top of my head

Cardiff he was signed to be a back up as they let Flint go out on loan, Bristol City were keen on him and if we believe Andy King the manager of Leuven wasn't overly keen on the Leicester link

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He looked like he had potential 3 years ago

Since then he has been nothing but a bag of injuries and failed loans

Failed loans is harsh, Cardiff he was signed as a late replacement to let Flint go out, Bristol City liked him and King was adamant the Leuven manager wasn't fond of the Leicester link. Sounds like mismanagement by us in terms of arranging him a loan

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Cardiff he was signed to be a back up as they let Flint go out on loan, Bristol City were keen on him and if we believe Andy King the manager of Leuven wasn't overly keen on the Leicester link

When he did eventually play for Cardiff he was absolutely horrendous and also missed being available for about half the games he was there because he couldn't stay fit

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some angry folk on Wednesday before the Liverpool game when I was continuing to question Rodgers and not being bowled over by a decent win vs a heinous Newcastle side.

Now look at the vitriol. We are honking and this is only ending one way, he's done here and it's just a waste of everybody's time that we have to go through this procession before it happens.

He's been done since the villa game, doubly so when we crashed out of Europa league against Napoli's second team. Some people on here lack any kind of foresight saying things like "we're only 4 points off 6th place" after the newcastle game without checking the fixture list and seeing we're most likely going to get a max 4 points from the games following considering the opposition. Now i trust the board's judgement more than my own so if they see something in rodgers that's stopping them push the button then fair enough, but from a fan's perspective without any additional knowledge it seems like we're just wasting time with him here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

But if he was good enough for us then why would he only be a back up at Cardiff? Surley he'd be first name down. 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I’ve been on this train of thought for a while. He’s a 2 season Manager, before the squad zones out. Unless you’ve got a high squad turnover, then it isn’t working. 

He’s been great for us, however at this moment, I’d question quite a few things he’s doing. 

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

When he did eventually play for Cardiff he was absolutely horrendous and also missed being available for about half the games he was there because he couldn't stay fit

Is it a lack of professionalism, or is he literally made of glass? 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

He couldn't stay fit is probably the wrong term no? Implies he's doing something wrong. He also played one game for Cardiff... we persisted with McGivern more than that. Also probably pretty tough getting chucked in to a Championship side when you've done nothing but sit about

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

But if he was good enough for us then why would he only be a back up at Cardiff? Surley he'd be first name down. 

Maybe Cardiff play a certain way? Late in the window and was the only option available? Manager may have preferred to start with experienced football league centre backs..... not as cut and dry as ability is it

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Maybe Cardiff play a certain way? Late in the window as was the only option available? Manager may have preferred to start with experienced football league centre backs..... not as cut and dry as ability is it

I just think he'd have played his way in to both our squad and theirs in the time he had of he was good enough is all. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He couldn't stay fit is probably the wrong term no? Implies he's doing something wrong. He also played one game for Cardiff... we persisted with McGivern more than that. Also probably pretty tough getting chucked in to a Championship side when you've done nothing but sit about

I imagine it is even tougher being thrown into a Premier League game against one of the best teams in the world when he has done nothing but sit about?

At the time of Benkovic going on loan to Cardiff Rodgers said he wasn't ready for Premier League football, certainly wouldn't be now.

“You’ve got to look at the needs of Filip,” said Rodgers at his press conference on Wednesday. “He’s not ready to play in the Premier League yet. That’s pretty clear. That’s the brutal honesty of it.

“We felt it was always going to be best for him and for us, to get him out to get the games and play at a level that he’s going to be comfortable at, rather than be exposed. That was the reason for him going out.

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I just think he'd have played his way in to both our squad and theirs in the time he had of he was good enough is all. 

But we've never seen him is the point, there's surely been occassions when he could have played just to try him out. At least then we could go ah fair enough he isn't quite good enough 

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine it is even tougher being thrown into a Premier League game against one of the best teams in the world when he has done nothing but sit about?

At the time of Benkovic going on loan to Cardiff Rodgers said he wasn't ready for Premier League football, certainly wouldn't be now.

“You’ve got to look at the needs of Filip,” said Rodgers at his press conference on Wednesday. “He’s not ready to play in the Premier League yet. That’s pretty clear. That’s the brutal honesty of it.

“We felt it was always going to be best for him and for us, to get him out to get the games and play at a level that he’s going to be comfortable at, rather than be exposed. That was the reason for him going out.

Any reason not to try him in the Europa though? Why haven't we sorted another loan or moved him on then?  Rather than have him sit about?

He might have matured now or had a great pre season in terms of getting his fitness up.... point is none of us know because we've never even tried him out

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Any reason not to try him in the Europa though? Why haven't we sorted another loan or moved him on then?  Rather than have him sit about?

We actually wanted to try and progress in Europa?

For all we know we tried, but there was 0 news of anything about a loan or move at all for him which suggests either wanted to keep him (I doubt) or there just wasn't any interest in him (which I suspect was the case)

Edited by moore_94