Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, moore_94 said:

We actually wanted to try and progress in Europa?

For all we know we tried, but there was 0 news of anything about a loan or move at all for him which suggests either wanted to keep him (I doubt) or there just wasn't any interest in him (which I suspect was the case)

Did we? Why did we set up so poorly in Poland then? And at home to Spartak....

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Did we? Why did we set up so poorly in Poland then? And at home to Spartak....

The defence against Legia was Castagne, Amartey, Vestergaard, Soyuncu, Thomas - the strongest we could put out

The line up against Spartak should have been more than good enough to beat them but our ability in the final 3rd was horrendous

Benkovic would not have improved either line up

8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

But we've never seen him is the point, there's surely been occassions when he could have played just to try him out. At least then we could go ah fair enough he isn't quite good enough 

But multiple managers have seen him and thought that. 

Just now, moore_94 said:

The defence against Legia was Castagne, Amartey, Vestergaard, Soyuncu, Thomas - the strongest we could put out

The line up against Spartak should have been more than good enough to beat them but our ability in the final 3rd was horrendous

Benkovic would not have improved either line up

Line up wasn't the issue was it, it was passive tactics. Like I've said I'm not Rodgers out or anything I just think we've definitely had chances to at least give him a game

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Line up wasn't the issue was it, it was passive tactics. Like I've said I'm not Rodgers out or anything I just think we've definitely had chances to at least give him a game

Benkovic would not have changed us from passive tactics.

If he isn't doing enough to even get on the bench then it suggests he doesn't even deserve to get a game.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Benkovic would not have changed us from passive tactics.

If he isn't doing enough to even get on the bench then it suggests he doesn't even deserve to get a game.

I'm not saying he would have? I've literally just said personel wasn't the issue it was the tactics?

I just think Benkovic could have probably played in either game and not negatively impacted our defensive efforts

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

I'm not saying he would have? I've literally just said personel wasn't the issue it was the tactics?

I just think Benkovic could have probably played in either game and not negatively impacted our defensive efforts

He wouldn't have positively impacted them either so it would be have been pointless.

Moot point anyway because he just isn't ever going to play for us again and it is pointless people asking for it

Just now, moore_94 said:

I can't imagine that has been the case for the whole season when he could have been an option and still didn't even get on the bench

No I;m surprised he hasn't been given a chance in the squad when are defending has been so poor - I was just talking about today

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

So who gets appointed? 

I'll wait. 

Wait all you like, it isn’t our job to scout for talented young managers who would be a good fit for us, it’s the club’s.

They’ve had plenty of time to do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Why would giving a squad player game time be pointless? Let's him have a look at him in a competitive game and get some sharpness if we desperately needed him. I'm not asking for him to become first choice or even be a regular on the bench

He didn't even stand out in our under 23s. A 17 year old in our under 23s is being picked ahead of him.