Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

£50m+ to get rid of Rodgers and bring in Amorim

He is the dream but like you say probably be there for a while because of how much it will cost to get him

Yeah that's never happening. That also assumes Amorim would want to come here, which I doubt is the case. I think his next move will be to a tier 1 club and could see him replacing Pochettino at PSG in the summer in fact. He's already won the league and got out of the group stages for Sporting, which is a phenomenal job for that side. He is a properly good coach though, has some innovative ideas and has improved some players within that squad to no end.

As we won't go down this season, Rodgers will likely be here till the summer and reassessed next time round. I haven't got a problem with that personally, though it's sad that our season is basically already over. I don't see us finishing top 7 nor winning a trophy this time round.

Here is a list of available Head Coaches:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Some interesting names, but no stand out candidate. I hate to say it but Lampard would probably be the one we'd most likely go for and I was massively unconvinced by him at both Chelsea and Derby. Rudi Garcia as I say I'd be interested in, there's something about him, he's won trophies and plays attacking / high press stuff. But also quite a combustible manager too!

Of coaches currently at existing clubs, Marcello Gallardo of River Plate is long overdue a chance in Europe, but he'll go to a Spanish club first I'd have thought.

Not sure if already been mentioned as I've not read every recent post on this thread but when watching on TV they zoomed in on Brendan after each goal we conceded from a corner or set piece. He is sat there watching it back again on an iPad with his coach/analyst!

It's been obvious to see for a long time that the fvcking zonal marking isn't working! Stop being so stubborn and admit it doesn't work and change something. Save that analysis crap for later behind closed doors with your coaching team and players if necessary.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

We've got it wrong tactically  almost every game this season and had to react after going behind.  He also has no idea how to make us organised and hard to beat when we have injury problems. Jury been out for me for months but today has swung another notch against him for me.

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

It's been obvious to see for a long time that the fvcking zonal marking isn't working! Stop being so stubborn and admit it doesn't work and change something. Save that analysis crap for later behind closed doors with your coaching team and players if necessary.

It is not the zonal marking, most clubs use a mixture of zonal and man marking like us.  It is who's being asked to do what and if they are doing it properly.

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

No way will the club get rid while we have a decimated squad, if it continues after we get most of the defense back, then he's under pressure and he has run out of excuses.

When are we ‘getting most of the defence back’ then, given the fact that one or more pick up an injury every other game?

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

It is not the zonal marking, most clubs use a mixture of zonal and man marking like us.  It is who's being asked to do what and if they are doing it properly.

Said it before. Regardless of whether you are marking a zone or a player, if you see the ball coming anywhere near you you have to go and attack it. We have no players willing to do that. They are too passive.

• Like 1

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

When are we ‘getting most of the defence back’ then, given the fact that one or more pick up an injury every other game?

As long as we have a casualty list as long as your arm, then Rodgers can hide behind it!  I've started to think we'll never have a fit squad or defense again. :S

• Thanks 1

It’s like any manager, you know when his time is up 

I’ve followed Leicester for 40 years, the only time when people got it wrong is when they was calling for O’Neill’s head literally after 3 months 

I don’t see what Rodgers offers us anymore, we are going downhill so fast he is going to **** us up.

The board are normally good at sensing these things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

As long as we have a casualty list as long as your arm, then Rodgers can hide behind it!  I've started to think we'll never have a fit squad or defense again. :S

Likewise 

Rodgers is part of the injury problem

Not solution for when all the injuries miraculously stop

I’m starting to wonder how long some of our fans need to realise this. Good job they’re not detectives in the police force 😂

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Said it before. Regardless of whether you are marking a zone or a player, if you see the ball coming anywhere near you you have to go and attack it. We have no players willing to do that. They are too passive.

This is the difficulty with zonal marking - attacking the ball can take you out of your zone - so it naturally discourages it

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

We've got it wrong tactically  almost every game this season and had to react after going behind.  He also has no idea how to make us organised and hard to beat when we have injury problems. 

Yes - RL taking consolation from the second half fight back but 

1 fails to take account of Man City turning off the gas they’d already won the game. City paid a price for freewheeling but they only had to marginally increase the pressure on our hapless defence to restore their superiority 

2 the second half improvement merely confirms how bad the first half set up was - at times they literally walked the ball up to our six yard box unopposed 

3 the seemingly routine first half/second half analysis of performances in which we take heart from the better showing and regard the poorer one as an aberration ..I’d say virtually every game this season. has one appalling half  and another that’s an improvement…

Honestly with our defence so shit, if he does stay i would love to see him fully commit to his 13/14 liverpool style. 41212, vertical football, maddison+ vardy/daka +iheanacho in attack :wub:, win some games 4-3, lose some 3-5, at least it would be entertaining rather than our 433/343/352 formation. It's what i hoped we would get from rodgers when he signed but instead he loves passing around the back and slow wingplay and also doesnt rate iheanacho.

21 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

But even when the ball is coming into their 'zone' they still don't attack it.

Because they’re in a small zone - no run up and a static jump - it always makes it look like the running attacker is attacking the ball more. 

We’re terrible at it, but this is the downside of zonal marking (that we fail to address).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Love people giving Rodgers stick for this game. Look at our squad, look at theirs… What are you expecting today?

...you do not setup at Manchester City with 4-2-3-1, it is suicidal!!!

5-4-1 playing on the break is what we need to play against them. They are in effect one dimensional, the can only go forward, they do not do pragmatic. We just walked into that and it was obvious what the consequences would be.

They were poor when countered, they have a big problem defensively, Rodgers should have known. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1