Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

54 minutes ago, Simoken said:

seriously.... does no one actually do their research on current squad availability.. embarrasing

What's embarrassing is you're total misreading of my post. We literally just bought Vestergaard and Bertrand and neither are good enough for our team. We foresaw issues like this,  and bought player that could not step in. What is the confusion?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

The defending is a real problem that rests on him at the end of the day but some of these players need to grow a pair and want to defend. Mitigating circumstances today but really disappointing how easily we gave up goals still.

The offensive play at the start of the season was grim and he’s sorted that out so I have more hope he’ll sort it out than I did a few weeks back. Lot more pro Rodgers again than I was before Napoli

Teams reflect the manager though, especially after 3 years.

Funny how the soft bellied Liverpool team he left soon developed a spine under Klopp.

Rodgers has a weak mentality.

1 hour ago, dayday said:

It’s like any manager, you know when his time is up 

I’ve followed Leicester for 40 years, the only time when people got it wrong is when they was calling for O’Neill’s head literally after 3 months 

I don’t see what Rodgers offers us anymore, we are going downhill so fast he is going to **** us up.

The board are normally good at sensing these things.

I think he's mentally checked out like he did at Liverpool and his last year at Celtic when he was plotting his exit.

Maybe he took his eye off the ball when the United links came about.

He's probably waiting for his pay off at this point but his next job won't be in Manchester or North London if he's sacked by Leicester.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Are you both watching Man. City games at the moment?

I absolutely agree on having a fruitless and pointless conversation about BR coaching style.

It's awful, incompetent,  outdated and disaster.

I’ve been angry and pissed off with Rodgers and his tactics since our collapse last season but I don’t think the owners will get rid so it’s pointless me ranting on about it, I just meant he’ll have no where to hide and no excuses at the end of the season, and if he’s as good as he thinks he is then he’ll turn it round 

3 hours ago, gazzaa2 said:

I think he's mentally checked out like he did at Liverpool and his last year at Celtic when he was plotting his exit.

Maybe he took his eye off the ball when the United links came about.

He's probably waiting for his pay off at this point but his next job won't be in Manchester or North London if he's sacked by Leicester.

I think deep down he knows he'll fail at the top clubs, why didn't he join Arsenal when the chance came 2 years ago but plumbed to get more millions and stay here or go to Spurs in the the summer. Both clubs were in a mess but I don't think Brendan's had the guts to take those jobs. So what EPL club will take him now, has he a deal with Man U regarding joining them in the Summer? It's the only job he wants

Right now if he is staying in needing to being in some quality defensive coaching and training coaches to his staff 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 2

Guest glasgowfox
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Hes finally starting to moan at officials in the press, can't wait for our set of dodgy decisions to go our way 

VAR on Wednesday we would have been playing against 9 players so tbh I do feel his pain

The horrendous inability to defend set pieces and the refusal to properly change it and the persistent severe injury pile up for 2 years now is enough to rip up nearly app has good work here. What's the point of any of it, when does the above cancel out any positives he brings?

We are a world away from a team capable of 60+ points in a league season and we're not robust enough to win any cups where we come up against a juggernaut of an opposition. He'll leave this club no better off than he found it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The horrendous inability to defend set pieces and the refusal to properly change it and the persistent severe injury pile up for 2 years now is enough to rip up nearly app has good work here. What's the point of any of it, when does the above cancel out any positives he brings?

We are a world away from a team capable of 60+ points in a league season and we're not robust enough to win any cups where we come up against a juggernaut of an opposition. He'll leave this club no better off than he found it.

Yup and are better players will go and we'll end up with the dross he's bought unable to shift them

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Yup and are better players will go and we'll end up with the dross he's bought unable to shift them

Yes, that's my fear too. That's why personally I wouldn't want him to be afforded any more money to spend in January.

His position needs reviewing in the summer when it might be easier to get a decent manager to come here. We need to get back to whatever recruitment methods we were using pre Rodgers. We just cannot afford to let him have any future say on players as no doubt he'd be trying to recruit the sort of player commensurate with his dull obsolete philosophy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

So much for Rodgers been the bloke who brings throw the young blokes , we have no centre half’s yet the young blokes don’t even get a look in , and we still play Perez and hamza who are dead set average . TIME to go Rodgers 

It’s not fair to throw the young kids in the team atm, it would be awful for their confidence when the fans start booing them after we concede a corner.

I think in my opinion the best way to sum Brendan up is;

When we are in good form and things are going well he is a quality manager, this is where he excels at keeping the momentum going and getting the best out of his players.

When things aren’t going well, he simply can’t cope, he can’t find answers to problems and struggles to get any of his tactics to work. His good fortune has been that his bad runs have been ended by the seasons end…. But this time he has no end, he’s got to try and do this mid season, and I genuinely don’t think he is capable. 

If you’re picking up lots of fatigue injuries then you need to adapt your training methods, and it’s clear that he probably isn’t. This is probably where his weaknesses are, a failure to adapt to situations, he’s got the Brendan way or no way, and that’s all well and good when things are working out for you, but when it goes tits up, you need to be able to adapt and work your way back into form, and this is what separates your run of the mill managers from the very best. 

There are many good managers who have fallen foul of this down the years, Fergie was the ultimate at being able to adapt, what’s mostly impressive about him was he’s won the PL with some absolute shithouses of sides but somehow managed to get the job done. 

There is a big few months ahead for Brendan. I think they will give him January and I think they will back him to bring a defender into the club and possibly a couple of loans. But if things don’t turn, I can see him gone by the end of Feb. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, that's my fear too. That's why personally I wouldn't want him to be afforded any more money to spend in January.

His position needs reviewing in the summer when it might be easier to get a decent manager to come here. We need to get back to whatever recruitment methods we were using pre Rodgers. We just cannot afford to let him have any future say on players as no doubt he'd be trying to recruit the sort of player commensurate with his dull obsolete philosophy. 

Certainly can’t call it dull atm. We’re scoring plenty of goals and attacking nicely I think.