Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

It’s not fair to throw the young kids in the team atm, it would be awful for their confidence when the fans start booing them after we concede a corner.

So when do u throw them in , when everyone is fit they can’t get a go then , we don’t have any CB at present who could hold there on , playing park football so why not give them a run , u never know u can swim until u fall into the water 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, maddog said:

Time for a change of manager, if not during this season which is a write off now anyway then definitely in the summer. 

Hopefully a big club approaches him and we don't have to pay compensation.

Who will come in for him though? All the "big 6" are settled with decent managers, and even if they weren't his stock is very low at the moment with insane salary expectations.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bptiger said:

So when do u throw them in , when everyone is fit they can’t get a go then , we don’t have any CB at present who could hold there on , playing park football so why not give them a run , u never know u can swim until u fall into the water 

I don’t think playing a lad who’s not even done his alevels is going to solve any issues for us. We often wait until academy our players are a little older before playing them, KDH, Barnes, Chilwell etc. Nelson is only 17, he needs to develop before we put him into mens football.

5 hours ago, ronnup said:

Banging my head against the wall that we bought such garbage defensive cover. 

In the summer everyone was fully fit, except for Justin who was a long term absentee, Castagne had a few weeks still to recover from a ruptured eye socket and Evans had a recurring issue but was expected to be back after a few games. So we brought in Bertrand for a free, in the hope that some of his experience would rub off on Thomas while we waited for Justin to come back. We weren't actively looking for a starting CB, just someone with experience of the league and would be decent cover, as we had decent options in CB.

Then Fofana is quite literally assaulted, and is out for most of the season 3 days before the Community Shield. Vestergaard was a panic buy to now cover a starting CB and our plans for the season went right down the shitter. It was very late in the window and not much else was available for a decent price.

If the Villarreal game had finished after the third goal went in we would have much, much better this season.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Just, errrm, out of interest …. Are you a parent?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

If the Villarreal game had finished after the third goal went in we would have much, much better this season.

I really don’t think it would have, slightly better, maybe, but we were crap at defending and even worse at set pieces prior to this summer. If anything Vesty has actually helped defend set pieces. 

Putting both Fofana and Justin in this team would make it better individually, but they’d still be playing poorly as a team. You could stick Ronaldo and Salah in it and we’re still be making basic errors and conceding goal after goal, it’s more than just individuals. 

• Like 2

All this talk about sacking Rogers is doing my nut in! We got loads of injuries in defence which is definitely a cause for concern but i do think we need to ride the storm until the players start to come back. Our defence is a shambles but it’s make shift look at the options we had Amartey, Westergard and Nelson! shows how important our summer recruitment is going to be. Watching todays game our creative play was really good to watch and as we are creating loads of chances. So ride the storm and let’s face it a mud table finish this season is what we probably end up with.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Should be sacked for the steadfast refusal to address the set piece problem alone. 

noticed they abandoned the zonal system defending corners at ManCity.

Now all they wanna do is grapple with attackers. 
that still doesn't solve the leaky defence problems

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brownfox said:

All this talk about sacking Rogers is doing my nut in! We got loads of injuries in defence which is definitely a cause for concern but i do think we need to ride the storm until the players start to come back. Our defence is a shambles but it’s make shift look at the options we had Amartey, Westergard and Nelson! shows how important our summer recruitment is going to be. Watching todays game our creative play was really good to watch and as we are creating loads of chances. So ride the storm and let’s face it a mud table finish this season is what we probably end up with.

And what happens if it goes pear shaped and we end up in the bottom 3 , what do u do then , it could be too late 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bptiger said:

So much for Rodgers been the bloke who brings throw the young blokes , we have no centre half’s yet the young blokes don’t even get a look in , and we still play Perez and hamza who are dead set average . TIME to go Rodgers 

Again this is such a poor take. We didn’t have players available today, what can’t you understand? 

would you have been happy to lose 8-0 because we gave professional debuts to a few academy lads against the best team in the league? 

Brendan has got a lot wrong this season, but this game isn’t one of them. If anything, getting our players to come out and make a game of it rather than just giving up was a good bit of management. 

we were a couple of decent saves away from being 1 goal away. 

did we concede terrible goals? Yes. Would Nelson or mcateer have got us a better one? Absolutely not. 

Do you realise the damage that would do to a young players confidence? I’d argue that if a young centreback gets humiliated in his first professional game that you wouldn’t find a single championship club that would give him a loan. You could halt a players career all because the da’s in the fan base want the yooof. 

This isnt just aimed at you, so I apologise. But I’ve read this so many times today and it’s just nonsense. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Again this is such a poor take. We didn’t have players available today, what can’t you understand? 

would you have been happy to lose 8-0 because we gave professional debuts to a few academy lads against the best team in the league? 

Brendan has got a lot wrong this season, but this game isn’t one of them. If anything, getting our players to come out and make a game of it rather than just giving up was a good bit of management. 

we were a couple of decent saves away from being 1 goal away. 

did we concede terrible goals? Yes. Would Nelson or mcateer have got us a better one? Absolutely not. 

Do you realise the damage that would do to a young players confidence? I’d argue that if a young centreback gets humiliated in his first professional game that you wouldn’t find a single championship club that would give him a loan. You could halt a players career all because the da’s in the fan base want the yooof. 

This isnt just aimed at you, so I apologise. But I’ve read this so many times today and it’s just nonsense. 

I agree with u , but u can put one in now and then , and let’s face it Rodgers gets all done he praise for bringing throw young kids , so he can’t have it both ways . 

I was trying not to comment too much, especially at half time yesterday, but the only 2 problems we seem to have that Rodgers should take the blame for are 1 buying Vestergaard and not someone better and 2 sacking Dave Rennie seems to coincide exactly with when we started getting so many injuries, delayed returns. It can't be a coincidence that since he was sacked our injuries are so high. A few players at once is bad luck, 9 of the first team squad out at the same time isn't.  He seems to have fallen in to the same trap as Ranieri did. After a really successful beginning, start trying to fix things that aren't broken and making them worse.   

There could be a 3rd that the players are being over trained but no idea how our training sessions look/compare to other clubs.

Edited by desertfox2
training
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, brownfox said:

...the storm is relentless, there seems to be little end to it, and we constantly keep hitting the rocks, because the captain is not listening to his crew and fails to see the lighthouse!!!

Just watched his interview on Lcfc. Tbh I couldn't help but feel for him a bit. The injuries crisis is pretty much unprecedented, and there's little he can do about that. I say we should get behind him, we know we can play scintillating football under him, that's not in question. For me he's just got to sort this defending set pieces out. That aspect of the game is embarrassing.

• Like 2

Regardless of injuries, I think the persistence with zonal marking is taking stubbornness to new levels.

Hope BR was watching MOTD. Hit those deep zones where our centre-backs aren't, and where Schmeichel doesn't come, and it's too easy; tall centre-forwards competing against the likes of Thomas and Tielemans.

At least give man to man a try.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Because they’re in a small zone - no run up and a static jump - it always makes it look like the running attacker is attacking the ball more. 

We’re terrible at it, but this is the downside of zonal marking (that we fail to address).

...our blockers are neither subtle or effective!!!

They are mismatched against their opponents and look to physically engage with their man, instead of taken up a position which prevents or delays and movement from "their man" to go forward.

If you seek to engage, by using your hand to envelope a player and should that player go to ground, even if the contact was minimal, then you give the referee a decision to make.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...our blockers are neither subtle or effective!!!

They are mismatched against their opponents and look to physically engage with their man, instead of taken up a position which prevents or delays and movement from "their man" to go forward.

If you seek to engage, by using your hand to envelope a player and should that player go to ground, even if the contact was minimal, then you give the referee a decision to make.

Agree entirely, Nacho was a penalty waiting to happen yesterday with his corner defending