Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Let's hope it's the start of a run of good performances and wins.

We are capable, as is Brendan. He can turn this around.

Turn what around ? It’s the toughest league on the planet and we struggled with Europe distractions as nearly every mid table club does ! We are where this squad possibly should be maybe one or two place lower than we should be in ! We have massively overachieved for 2 season this season was always coming, stick with him and stick with the players and we will do ok 

Yep, hands up, I lost all faith in the man a while back. But - kinda in my defence - I know nothing about anything and am frequently full of shite. Hopefully others will follow my lead and stfu for the rest of the season. Yey Brendan. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Daz93 said:

and  sorted out the set piece issues.

Yeah all sorted. Thank god eh? All sorted in one night of football.... 

Seriously though- they got their head on a lot of corners with Kasper doing his usual ghost impression. It needs a lot of work still. 

Great win though and will give confidence to the defence :scarf:

8 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Did we seem to be doing more man to man when it came to corners?

We did - BR even said we were more “old school” with our man to man marking system for corners. On todays evidence we should continue that way and see how we get on for the next few games as the zonal marking system clearly wasn’t working

Thought he spoke much better this evening. Perhaps he is realising that he needed to adapt and has shown the humility needed. We rode our luck at times - I don't get all the plaudits in the studio over the set up - but churlish to criticise after such a result and plucky performance in adversity. So well done Brendan. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Yeah all sorted. Thank god eh? All sorted in one night of football.... 

Seriously though- they got their head on a lot of corners with Kasper doing his usual ghost impression. It needs a lot of work still. 

Great win though and will give confidence to the defence :scarf:

Don't really get why you're being so condescending - not sure where in my post I said it is all sorted after one game?

I thought the starting XI and the subs were bang on tonight. Glad he didn’t go with 5 at the back. Big call to put Thomas against Salah in a back 4, but the gamble paid off.

Lookman gave us a spark just when we were getting possession in their half. 

let’s not get carried away because we rode our luck, but to engineer a win tonight was a great achievement and over the last 3 games vs liv twice and Man City, I can see that the players are giving everything for him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Admitted to going 'old school' with defending corners (man for man, two men on the post etc) as zonal wasn't working. Mentioned we're at the bare bones and also losing players to AFCON but no excuses, just get on with it. 

Then made a point of congratulating Emma Hayes in the studio for the job she's done at Chelsea. 

Such class from Brendan. Emma Hayes is one of the best analysts as well, glad she got that appreciation. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Daz93 said:

Don't really get why you're being so condescending - not sure where in my post I said it is all sorted after one game?

Just you said we had sorted out set piece defending solely on the notion we didn't concede one in the game. They were queueing up a times in the box on corners and we defended throwins like an U8 side. 

It was great though - Absolute heroic last ditch stuff at times and about time we got a bit of luck. 

Playing a Diamond shape against Liverpool on paper sounds like madness, but it's worked against them 3 times in a row now. Sure we lost one game on penalties, but we've scored against them every other time so far.

Brendan is a manager that learns from his mistakes, something I really rate. He's found a way for KDH to play in the team as a left Mezzala in either a 433 or Diamond and he's been a revelation for us. He's also changed up the set piece defending (finally) and also told Kasper to kick it long more often as we gave away too many goals arsing about at the back, whilst also playing through the lines at the right times.

Overall the season has still been massively disappointing, but he's still proving himself to be a very good coach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1