Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

29 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I thought the starting XI and the subs were bang on tonight. Glad he didn’t go with 5 at the back. Big call to put Thomas against Salah in a back 4, but the gamble paid off.

Lookman gave us a spark just when we were getting possession in their half. 

let’s not get carried away because we rode our luck, but to engineer a win tonight was a great achievement and over the last 3 games vs liv twice and Man City, I can see that the players are giving everything for him.

Only option without playing players out of positions, Betrand does not have the heart/desire or even current ability of Thomas, an when JJ is fit he'll improve even more. 

10 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

He’ll be desperate to gift three points to them lot tonight. 
0-4 

How wrong was I. 10/10 Brendan. 

Loved the way he showed change in our approach tonight. Seemed to have learned from past mistakes. That’s all we want to see! Brilliant.

Edited by TJB-fox

Setting up defending corners was better... Big men on their big men plus KDH on the post!

Also his subs were game changing! Usually I think his subs are poor but tonight so good and attacking.

Well done Brendan, i'm straight in here when I have a problem with him (which has been quite often in the last 12 months), so it's only fair credit where it's due and I have to give praise, you swallow your pride, i'll swallow mine and we'll meet in the middle, that was something we can all get behind, forward thinking, attacking football with grit, fight, fire, desire and determination, enjoyable!

I've given praise after the Man Utd, Legia, Watford and Newcastle games, they weren't a patch on tonight though, incredible, unfortunately we regressed back to the slow, laborious shite after the 4 games I mentioned before previously in the season, so we'll see, but tonight, spot on, exciting and enjoyable, something i've found hard to say very often in the last 12 months.

Attacking sub's that changed the game too :appl:

Keep it up and we won't have a problem, the choice is yours if you wanna go back to drearyball though (where, as i've always said, there is a time and place for but not consistently and exclusively like we have done for so long).

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Would be great if Brendan can bring in Alan Shearer as an assistant, seems to be friends and read that he's given Brendan some tactical advice before the game

Was going to say it can't be worse than Kolo but I'll give the big man the benefit of the doubt today lol

• Like 1

Fair play Brendan got it spot on, great game plan and the players executed it superbly well. 

we rode our luck at times but to win games against the big teams like Liverpool you will need to do that. 

for me besides the FA Cup Final, that was the most enjoyable win under Rodgers because we dug in and ground out a result, which is not something you see often, it was a real team effort and hopefully this will galvanise Brendan and the squad to push on for the remainder of the season. Hopefully Rodgers will have learned that he can use a counter attacking style to greater use against some of the more dominant sides. 

Seemed a real togetherness between the management, players and crowd last night which was great to see. 

• Like 2

* he's taken us as far as he can

* tactically inept

* dire substitutions

* no plan B

* stubborn

* ego gets in the way

* can't use injuries as an excuse, they're his fault

* etc etc

As I was driving home last night reflecting on an heroic performance, and a top level coach manage superbly the players at his disposal, and change from 442 diamond, to 451 and then to 541 to secure the win, I began to wonder what would kind of collective noun would fit the anti-Brendan FT posters? I give you a shortlist of four:

• an embarrassment, or
  • an entitlement, or
  • a nonsense, or
  • a 'pashun'? 
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

* tactically inept

* dire substitutions

* no plan B

* stubborn

* ego gets in the way

* etc etc

As I was driving home last night reflecting on an heroic performance, and a top level coach manage superbly the players at his disposal, and change from 442 diamond, to 451 and then to 541 to secure the win, I began to wonder what would kind of collective noun would fit the anti-Brendan FT posters? I give you a shortlist of four:

• an embarrassment, or
  • an entitlement, or
  • a nonsense, or
  • a 'pashun'? 

Good luck wih getting away with this post :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

* tactically inept

* dire substitutions

* no plan B

* stubborn

* ego gets in the way

* etc etc

• an embarrassment, or
  • an entitlement, or
  • a nonsense, or
  • a 'pashun'? 

I think that's harsh.

Man I love Brendan, I've never wanted him out nor do I consider myself "anti-Brendan", but his substitutions have always raised a question and some of our performances this season haven't been good enough or at the level even Brendan will expect.

This is a forum and people are allowed to, rightly or wrongly, post what they think. I like to think that I post praise and also post criticisim, both of which Rodgers has deserved this season. I get fed up with the whole "haha you're wrong" after a victory.

Everything was great last night - Rodgers, the players, the fans - let that continue.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

I don't know what he did to get the W but I'm glad he did it......

......just kidding I do, man marking and players on the post helped significantly. Well done Brendan.

...with all the flak directed at Kolo previously, I wonder who decided to tweak the set piece defence!!!

From what we have observed from Rodgers he is prone to repeated actions that have failed to work for us, and continues to utilise the same practices on a weekly basis.

Could it actually be he has agreed to incorporate someone else's ideas in his thinking.

He has started to vociferously slate the referees and bring the media attention to our injuries, not something he was doing previously and possibly attempting to distance himself from our faltering campaign so far this season. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

After Man City loss, the decisions to take of Daka and KDH , the defensive disorganisation, the (from what I could see) lack of motivation in some players, I thought it was time us to move on from Rodgers. I want any manager we have to be a success and last night was the success we've all wanted, so what changed?

Well the man 4 man marking, players on the post, and a determination in the players that looked to be missing in some games (albeit soumare looks to be running in mud and I'd like to see vardy come deeper when not involved). We also played lookman in his natural position.

I want to see us use nacho more, it's clear he's quality,  probably as a 10 rather thank a striker.

Stop with the small team mentality, we have a tremendous squad of players that can compete with the best, we haven't punched above our weight, sort out a decent medical team, and no more panic signings like Vestegaard and Bertrand.

I'm sure everyone wants Rodgers to be a success, his criticism hasn't been without reason.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

After Man City loss, the decisions to take of Daka and KDH , the defensive disorganisation, the (from what I could see) lack of motivation in some players, I thought it was time us to move on from Rodgers. I want any manager we have to be a success and last night was the success we've all wanted, so what changed?

Well the man 4 man marking, players on the post, and a determination in the players that looked to be missing in some games (albeit soumare looks to be running in mud and I'd like to see vardy come deeper when not involved). We also played lookman in his natural position.

I want to see us use nacho more, it's clear he's quality,  probably as a 10 rather thank a striker.

Stop with the small team mentality, we have a tremendous squad of players that can compete with the best, we haven't punched above our weight, sort out a decent medical team, and no more panic signings like Vestegaard and Bertrand.

I'm sure everyone wants Rodgers to be a success, his criticism hasn't been without reason.

Perfectly put

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think that's harsh.

Man I love Brendan, I've never wanted him out nor do I consider myself "anti-Brendan", but his substitutions have always raised a question and some of our performances this season haven't been good enough or at the level even Brendan will expect.

This is a forum and people are allowed to, rightly or wrongly, post what they think. I like to think that I post praise and also post criticisim, both of which Rodgers has deserved this season. I get fed up with the whole "haha you're wrong" after a victory.

Everything was great last night - Rodgers, the players, the fans - let that continue.

As per the second phrase I've highlighted, I'm just posting what I think. Obviously I don't think it was harsh at all!

But yes, it's fans forum, and people are allowed...

Maddison going off was actually a blessing, not Madders getting injured, but it meant we'd used all our subs so Brendan couldn't throw Vestergaard on as an extra centre back for the last 10 minutes. Hopefully that shows him we don't need an extra defender to see a game out. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Would be great if Brendan can bring in Alan Shearer as an assistant, seems to be friends and read that he's given Brendan some tactical advice before the game

...Shearer was a poor manager, his record was shocking!!!

I do agree that  Rodgers needs someone to give him another perspective though.

• Like 1