Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Folk love to deride Rodgers for failing to improve players (in their opinion) but what he’s getting out of Lookman after a 2/10 at Villa is nothing short of amazing. 

This is a lad what’s been loaned for galore who dare I say it looks far more consistent and dangerous than Demerai Gray. He looks like he’s enjoying his football and his time at Leicester 

41 minutes ago, majaco said:

Rodgers made a lot of big calls today and got them right.  For a make-shift team to do that well is a credit to his coaching.

Perhaps F.A Cup winning coach who has delivered European football for two consecutive seasons is good after all.

Anyone willing to criticise him after today cleslry has an agenda. 

He comes in for criticism but I have to say at the moment, with hardly a team, he is making it happen and the players are playing for him. He put faith in the youngsters today and they played with confidence. Well done Brendan and the coaching team 👏 

• Like 2

Class manager. Any club that employs him is in very, very good hands. Look at how he set up a team full of kids compared to Ranieri's bunch of layabouts. Brendan is definitely our best ever manager based on ability. Another trophy or two and he will be the greatest no question.

• Like 4

Guest Kopfkino
2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Folk love to deride Rodgers for failing to improve players (in their opinion) but what he’s getting out of Lookman after a 2/10 at Villa is nothing short of amazing. 

This is a lad what’s been loaned for galore who dare I say it looks far more consistent and dangerous than Demerai Gray. He looks like he’s enjoying his football and his time at Leicester 

But anyone saying that in the first place is plain stupid 

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Really enjoyed his interview with radio leicester today. Its at 22.10. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bg4njb

I know he has had a lot of stick on foxestalk. But I am incredibly proud to have him as manager of this football club such a passionate and talented bloke. 

Fully agree, thought he was spot on with his comments. 

His excellent man management skills are clear to see, especially on what he said to and about Choudhury. 

Showed humility as well about the injury problems. 

Great interview. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

I have to admit I wanted him out but have changed my mind now he’s made changes. 

I think like me, you wanted him to be successful with us but felt him time was up.

I want to see more of what we've seen over the past couple of games, big names being dropped if they're not pulling their weight for players keen to make their mark, some of our younger players given the chance to break into the 1st team, and a precise plan for making our first 11 better, if in doubt, give it a miss.

We had 15/16 players playing their hearts out today, and it was cracking to see, if we'd lost, I'd have still been proud.

Not really a siege mentality but the way the senior players stepped up today, led the team and made the youngsters feel part of it was top class and, like last season's overall triumph, Rodgers got out what he put in today.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Thats got POCHETTINO written all over it

Doubt Pochettino is that stupid. Talk about the ultimate poisoned chalice of a job.

If their smart:P they'll let Rangnick hire the manager of his choosing and start the process of rebuilding the first team in the summer. Its not like they have to replace the whole squad as there's plenty of talent in the club who can handle the workload that Rangnick requires. And they definitely have the cash to go out and buy 2 or 3 players.  Honestly think that Rangnick has seen enough and is waiting for the summer to get the manager he wants. If their smart.

The players still believe in him IMO and that makes the possibility of the required rebuild here something he could do. My biggest concern though is his inability to keep players fit in his last 3 jobs, can't remember what his record was like at Swansea bit at Liverpool, Celtic and here with the demands of 4 competitions it's a poor record. I also am mildly concerned about the direction in which our recruitment is heading, it's altered somewhat and if he stays then I really hope Congerton goes and our club exert a bit more control over matters. He's well and truly got his feet under the table here and bringing more and more staff in in areas thst were " club " chosen and not regime chosen. 

I want to still believe in him as he has a lot of incredible qualities as a coach and manager.

• Like 3