Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The players still believe in him IMO and that makes the possibility of the required rebuild here something he could do. My biggest concern though is his inability to keep players fit in his last 3 jobs, can't remember what his record was like at Swansea bit at Liverpool, Celtic and here with the demands of 4 competitions it's a poor record. I also am mildly concerned about the direction in which our recruitment is heading, it's altered somewhat and if he stays then I really hope Congerton goes and our club exert a bit more control over matters. He's well and truly got his feet under the table here and bringing more and more staff in in areas thst were " club " chosen and not regime chosen. 

I want to still believe in him as he has a lot of incredible qualities as a coach and manager.

Congerton is deffo going though isn't he?

Europe's a bit of a shitter as well. There aren't going to be that many managers out there that can deliver us Europe, which has to be basically our foremost aspiration. But for all the credit he deserves in being able to pull that off, it's pretty soul-destroying knowing that whenever he actually gets us there we'll be served up nothing but muck sandwiches and no chance of the latter stages.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Congerton is deffo going though isn't he?

Europe's a bit of a shitter as well. There aren't going to be that many managers out there that can deliver us Europe, which has to be basically our foremost aspiration. But for all the credit he deserves in being able to pull that off, it's pretty soul-destroying knowing that whenever he actually gets us there we'll be served up nothing but muck sandwiches and no chance of the latter stages.

It's gone quiet on Congerton but this happened with Macia and it seemed to take months for him to go. I want that Diego Martinez if Rodgers did decide to go this summer, seems a perfect fit for us.

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The players still believe in him IMO and that makes the possibility of the required rebuild here something he could do. My biggest concern though is his inability to keep players fit in his last 3 jobs, can't remember what his record was like at Swansea bit at Liverpool, Celtic and here with the demands of 4 competitions it's a poor record. I also am mildly concerned about the direction in which our recruitment is heading, it's altered somewhat and if he stays then I really hope Congerton goes and our club exert a bit more control over matters. He's well and truly got his feet under the table here and bringing more and more staff in in areas thst were " club " chosen and not regime chosen. 

I want to still believe in him as he has a lot of incredible qualities as a coach and manager.

This is the danger in terms of recruitment I pointed out way back when.

There's no bones about it, it's a serious flaw of his, he's just not very good at it. Whether that's purely down to him or his partner in crime is another discussion entirely.

I always said Congerton and Rodgers ineptness in the transfer market wouldn't be a problem if they were integrated inside Leicester's already fruitful model. The problem seems to be as you allude to @Ric Flair is that they have been allowed to go off piste from that lately.

35 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This is the danger in terms of recruitment I pointed out way back when.

There's no bones about it, it's a serious flaw of his, he's just not very good at it. Whether that's purely down to him or his partner in crime is another discussion entirely.

I always said Congerton and Rodgers ineptness in the transfer market wouldn't be a problem if they were integrated inside Leicester's already fruitful model. The problem seems to be as you allude to @Ric Flair is that they have been allowed to go off piste from that lately.

It's hard to say whether they have truly been let loose, Daka and Soumare are exactly the sorts of signings we are so good at making and the season before we got Fofana who is God earthly. But we've also started picking up very whiffy players like Bertrand and Vestergaard and it's set alarm bells ringing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Piss poor game management once again. A lot of players are getting flak but Rodgers has a lot to answer for. 

I’m no Rodgers apologist but he’s turning up at a knife fight with a sausage at the moment. 

Spurs should have been out of sight before injury time.

Guest Kopfkino
2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Piss poor game management once again. A lot of players are getting flak but Rodgers has a lot to answer for. 

What should he have done differently? I notice this happens all the time, this sort of criticism is rarely followed by what he should actually have done even with the benefit of hindsight.

I mean we got to basically the end with game managed and the three points. Then the twats on the pitch conspired differently 

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I’m no Rodgers apologist but he’s turning up at a knife fight with a sausage at the moment. 

Spurs should have been out of sight before injury time.

We did exceptionally well to be winning so late. No excuse for not getting at least a point from that position, however.

Whole vibe around the place is just flat bar Maddison and Dewsbury-Hall at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

What should he have done differently? I notice this happens all the time, this sort of criticism is rarely followed by what he should actually have done even with the benefit of hindsight.

I mean we got to basically the end with game managed and the three points. Then the twats on the pitch conspired differently 

The players had been giving the ball away all game. Set up negatively from the start. 

Rodgers and the players shown against Liverpool that there is another way an alternative. Despite that Rodgers reverted back to type tonight, as he always does and always will do because his ego will not allow him to consider alternative ways of playing football. 

Its passive, dull and over complicated. Its time for real change.

Edited by Dames
  • Like 2

Just now, Dames said:

The players had been giving the ball away all game. Set up negatively from the start. 

Rodgers and the players shown against Liverpool that there is another way and alternative. But Rodgers reverted back to type tonight, as he always does and always will do because his ego will not allow him to consider alternative ways of playing football. 

Its passive, dull and over complicated. Its time for real change.

So no blame on the players? 30 seconds of game management required?

Just now, coolhandfox said:

The players can take their fair share of blame too but this has been very consistent under Rodgers for a long time now.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

The players are getting the flak. Soyuncu, Vestergaard, Tielemans. But we've been terrible for a long time and that's on Rodgers. 

You’d like to think that he’s as angry as us at the set of bollockless twats after that to be honest. You can’t legislate for that as a manager, it’s ass dropping of the highest order. If I was him I’d be up all night trying to work out what the **** has happened there, it would and probably will send me absolutely crazy. 

• Like 4

Horrible game management. You've got to know when to throw everyone behind the ball and when not to. Not 100% his fault but still. I'm lost for words. Defence anf him are to blame. I'm off here for a bit i need to not go insane. 

Id blame him has much has anyone it was clear to see from 15 minutes in 5 at back wasnt working we needed a dm to stop them getting through and change the shape and in the end get punshed for him not reacting to something that was obvious to see 

• Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

The players are getting the flak. Soyuncu, Vestergaard, Tielemans. But we've been terrible for a long time and that's on Rodgers. 

I would be more critical if we didnt have to keep playing with a patched up back 4 or 5.

Even at the end of last season we had the same problem.

30 second away form beating Liverpool and Spurs  back to back with a patched up side.