Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I would be more critical if we didnt have to keep playing with a patched up back 4 or 5.

Even at the end of last season we had the same problem.

30 second away form beating Liverpool and Spurs  back to back with a patched up side.

If he’d have spent £15 million pounds more wisely that back 4 might not have been as patched up clearly trying to compensate. 

The time for excuses are past, these performances are far too regular under Rodgers now. 

Just now, Dames said:

If he’d have spent £15 million pounds more wisely that back 4 might not have been as patched up clearly trying to compensate. 

The time for excuses are past, these performances are far too regular under Rodgers now. 

That would be my biggest criticism, it has been a massive mistake which has undermined our season.

• Like 2

Not having it Finners sorry. No arguing from me in terms of the better side won, by hook or by crook though, somehow, the game was managed and we were 2-1 up with 5 minutes after 90 played. It’s complete headloss from individuals on the pitch that have gifted spurs the opportunity to pinch it. We were shit, it was all wrong for the majority of the game but somehow we’d scraped to the point of having the game won bar the shouting, then they’ve completely switched off. 

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He needs to sort out our feeble mentality problem because it's beyond a joke now

It’s been beyond a joke for a long time mate. We’ve seen it for ages - the physical and mental weakness of a team who just seem to cave when put under lots of pressure. There’s no point keep saying it though. Until it’s properly addressed, we’ll just see more of it.

‘Rodgers teams play some pretty football. But the Premiership is also about strength. It’s not only ability. We are weak

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You absolutely can legislate for that. The shape was ridiculous. They didn't deserve to win because of two late goals they deserve to win because they battered us for ninety before hand.

Playing a back three was fvcking retarded against a side whose main threat was a deep lying striker coming deep to pick up the ball. 

But doing it all game when you've got a defensive ball winning midfielder forced out of position in to that back five is so stupid it's hilarious. 

The entire pattern of the game was Kane dropping in to space that we didn't have a defensive midfielder in and causing havoc. 

And the answer was right in front of him the whole time - JUST PLAY THE PLAYERS IN THEIR NATURAL POSITIONS. 

After fifteen minutes of the game, Hamza should have been told to go and sit on Kane for the rest of the match and they wouldn't have had a sniff. 

Honestly one of the worst tactical displays I've ever seen from a Leicester manager on the night. I'm absolutely baffled and massively frustrated. 

Yes the players collapsed but where was the direction coming from the bench. Why was he not screaming from the touchline for them to hold shape and stay calm. Instead they're running up trying to score a third in the 92nd minute.

If that was the other way around Conte would have been screaming blue murder from the touchline. 

Absolutely fvcking inept tonight and I say that as someone that's largely been a Rodgers fan from day one. 

I agree other then stick Hamza on Kane, he would have ran him ragged.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree other then stick Hamza on Kane, he would have ran him ragged.

I don't particularly agree actually. I think Hamza's problem is he's got no defensive, positional brain. He just wants to charge after everything. 

I think if you specifically gave him the job of doing a Pontus Kamark to Kane he'd have had Kane in his pocket. He's fitted than Kane, faster than Kane and nastier than Kane. 

But most importantly he wouldn't have to think. He just has to watch and follow. It takes all of the decision making out of defending. 

But above all else he should have been in that pocket in front of the centre backs, not being one of them. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't particularly agree actually. I think Hamza's problem is he's got no defensive, positional brain. He just wants to charge after everything. 

I think if you specifically gave him the job of doing a Pontus Kamark to Kane he'd have had Kane in his pocket. He's fitted than Kane, faster than Kane and nastier than Kane. 

But most importantly he wouldn't have to think. He just has to watch and follow. It takes all of the decision making out of defending. 

But above all else he should have been in that pocket in front of the centre backs, not being one of them. 

Kane has been man marked by fair better play them Hamza.

But fair points 

Just now, SheppyFox said:

Nobody is more angry about this than Brendan. 

I goddamn hope so. He selected a back 5 to mske us defensively sound. Instead we gave Spurs the highest xG an away team has had this season..

• Like 4

The buck stops with the manager and he simply doesn't help himself.

If you're too limited to play out from the back without giving it away on the edge of your own box twice a game, stop doing it.

If your defence is too slow to play a high line, don't play a high line.

• Like 3